Tell me about the Sami. Why do they raise the reindeer?

Tell me about the Sami. Why do they raise the reindeer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They've been doing it for thousands of years.

I'm a pale berber they're my ancestors :-)

No clue. They are strange to us Finns. We identify more with Swedes than them.

They refuse to update their ways

is aurora a sami ?

Who is aurora

Norwegian singer

youtube.com/watch?v=d_HlPboLRL8

Meme ethnicity, practically extinct.

Most of their languages are almost dead and I doubt many kids even learn the biggest of their languages.

>Stavanger

West Norwegians have retard looks from Irish slaves. It's something Varg talks about often.

they inhabit arid thundra areas that has no arable land so they never moved on to agriculture and kept on herding reindeer. part of the reason they never experienced a population explosion and kept in relatively low numbered throught the course of history

A LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED SAMI!

>It's something Varg talks about often.
Then I guess you should listen up, that guy is the pinnacle of wisdom.

t. Cai-Göran

they are afraid of learning anything new

Weirdly enough, the Sami have an almost identical culture to a lot of Canadian tribes. Ours never got into herding, but things like clothing, social structure, spiritualism (for those that still follow the old ways), mythology, dwellings, etc. are very similar.

Weird reindeer people who people associate to us because of their language

Or maybe we're content living as we do and don't feel the need to change (much)

Most Samis HAVE changed though. We use modern technology in our everyday lives and the herders have scooters, helicopters and stuff

We actually thought they were finns until we met real finns at the other-side of our nation.

We also share genes and culture. Sadly many Finns today are house niggers

>helicopters
Good grief, how big are your herds? The only other herders that use helicopters to my knowledge are those Australian cattle tycoons with 1 million acre ranches.

>genes

Some, not much.

>culture

No...

Sure you do both of you two are weird and autism :^)

Niggers of the north.

Give them their own land and it would collapse instantly due to no gibs from Swedish taxpayers

Doesnt norwegians call samis finns and then have different name for actual finnish people

There are 275000 reindeer in Sweden, split between 4677 herders

Swedes have autism compared to normal Danes

and we got that thanks to finns ;_;

That only comes out to about 60 reindeer per herder. What are the helicopters for?

some herds are larger than others, it's not split evenly

the really bigs ones number in the tens of thousands

Do you even speak Sami though?

It's not wrong to say that the languages are dying and in many ways the ethnicity has become a meme to rip off tourists.

>Do you even speak Sami though?
some, not fluently

>It's not wrong to say that the languages are dying
I think that only Northern Sami will survive in the future, since it's the most used. I'm actualy a southern Sami but I realise that it would be better if we had one standardized language

>in many ways the ethnicity has become a meme to rip off tourists
what makes you say that?

>tens of thousands
I now see why they need helicopters!

Is it true they receive free government money?

Everyone in Sweden recieves free government money

non-meme answer is agriculture

even though it seems all samis are doing it there are only a few thousand

Are Samis basically Fingols like Estonians?

Saami are Mongolians
Finns have a large Nordic element
Estonians have a large Baltic element

sami are arctic they predate the finns by several thousand years

>>Stavanger

Actually Bergen

why dont you guys like sami people?

Stavanger people ain't western norwegians. They are southerners together with people from Kristiansand. They two share the same type of dialect

Because we're such a small minority that won't react violently when bullied we make for easy targets. Scandis don't have the balls to be racist towards other minority groups so they take it out on us

Nobody does though. It's this weird thing on Sup Forums where people pretend that Samis are bad.

In real life, nobody cares about them and there's no hate.

Maybe that's the case in Finland but there are plenty of racist Swedes and Norwegians

why are they mean though? is it cause of some historical thing?

Swedes used to be huge Germanboos and wanted to copy them in everything. When Germany became nazi Sweden wanted their own eugenics and ethnic cleansing so they went after Samis, Finns and mentally handicapped people. That's why we don't like Swedes

They don't like us because of what I mentioned earlier. They're also butthurt because only Samis are allowed to own reindeer and we have fishing privileges. What Swedes don't realise is that they did all the damage to our culture in the first place so it's only fair that they pay some money and give us privileges so that we can recover.

IIRC it's best to think if them having a distant common origin but long ago the Finns settled down and practiced agriculture and the Sami stayed as nomadic hunter gatherers / herders. The split was thousands of years ago.

do you live around more samis or just swedes?

Swedes are a majority in my town