So I've just finished the first book from Wheel of Time

So I've just finished the first book from Wheel of Time
What a big pile of dogshit
It's like a bad saturday early morning cartoon from the 80s
I hope it gets better
I'm sure the show will be crap. I'm thinking flash/supergirl/Smallville levels of crap
So much cringe holy fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
variety.com/2008/film/features/universal-spinning-wheel-of-time-1117990464/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

>he thinks it's actually becoming a show

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU

>Lews Junior

Can someone post that long review pic of this series

White text ok black background and every other paragraph ends with some bitch tugging her braid

THIS

Please post that pic someone, it's hilarious and fucking accurate and buries this dumb faggot series

Just read The Way of Kings.

They're young adult fantasy books, what did you expect? It's close to being one of the dullest franchises in history.

Anyone who genuinely enjoys this series should be put in a camp.

It honestly doesn't become good until partway through the 5th book. I teared up a few times over the course of the series, became very emotionally invested in a few characters and I'm glad I read it. That being said, I recognize the series as trash. The only two reasons I slogged through the first 4.5 books was the nerd cred and I was a NEET looking to kill time. I cannot recommend this series if you value your time.

I don't say this lightly: I've read almost every fantasy series in existence, and The Wheel of Time is the worst fantasy series of all time. It has very few redeeming qualities and the writing level is around what an ambitious second grader would understand.

If it were ever made into a series it would be on par with Legend of the Seeker, which is at the exact same level.

>I teared up a few times over the course of the series, became very emotionally invested in a few characters and I'm glad I read it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>That being said, I recognize the series as trash.
Yeah you'd better if you know what's good for you you fucking cuck

Brandon Sanderson saved it

How would you describe what's so bad about it to someone who generally thinks of fantasy precisely what you claim of this?

Lan's march across the borderlands was moving. Fuck you.

All this tryhard bait

1. The stakes are nonexistent. Within the first 13 books, I'd be surprised if there were 5 good guys that spoke more than 10 lines who died.

2. Almost everything is in an obvious good/bad dichotomy.

3. The 13 of Sauron's officers are Captain Planet villain levels of retarded.

4. A lot of the main characters one dimensional which becomes tedious over 14 books. What's that? Perrin doesn't understand this aspect of his wife and his wife doesn't understand that aspect of Perrin? Still riveting.

5. Most of the main characters are boring or annoying. Many of them get better after the series is half over but there are some characters that never have even a single interesting arc.

6. Extreme levels of filler in terms of plot and the painstaking level of description of miscellanea.

I'm sure there's plenty more I hated about it but it has been a few years since I last read it.

>*dice come to a halt*

>The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio -Harriet

>April 28
>soon
this project is dead, boys

This is the exact kind of shlock that gave the entire genre a bad name.

Cheers mate, that sounds dreadful. Also, 14 books of it? kek

It's known in literary sircles as "The Wheel of SHIT" for a reason.

Cheers. Don't ever read it. You must promise me this.

JUST.

>tips dice

I hate fantasy with a passion, so you're absolutely in the safe. Just wanted to know what this was about/what's wrong with it since the title keeps popping up every now and then.

Joe Abercrombie's series is much better, along with the black company and terry goodkind novels

along with most everything else ever written

You made it farther than I did. I like fantasy books and I couldn't even make it through the first book.

Considering the pace that WoT moves at, I'm sure "soon" is still very accurate.

Fuckin A on the Black Company. That's some solid fantasy right there. Super inviting, too.

For something a little harder and deeper (see what I did there?) Steven Erikson's Malazan series is amazing. As is George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire.

Not sure why Wheel of Time gets so much love. It's literally shit-tier fantasy.

On a more relevant note, I have information regarding the book Winds of Winter by the american tolkien George RRRRRR Maurice

euron summons a kraken after blood sacrifice and kills everyone in oldtown, sam, leyton and his daughter included

The true TV&Film fantasy adaptation thread (that isn't about a dumb fucking shit series for little kids like this one is)

Pretty shit book. I'm looking foward to fapping to those silver collar things though.

I am loving most of the Malazan series. Some of the character arcs I don't care for at all, but most of them I do. It is just that the 7th book is pretty boring so far.

WTF? How do you know that?

This is true but I only know of like four people who could possibly know this. Remy, is that you? Just in case, this is "B" if you know what I mean.

Just stopping in to say that Fantasy is for faggots.

i'm gonna do it man, i swear don't try me

i'm gonna spoil the jon snow twist dude i'm gonna do it i'm gonna rain on this parade

Yeah this, I don't see the difference between shit like LOTR, GOT, HP, the OP series, just making it grimmer like GoT doesn't make it any less retarded

You're a spastic. LOTR isn't fantasy in remotely the same sense as Harry Potter. The movies kind of but the books are completely different.

I like reading it so I can escape my own life.

Stannis being "king" is a bigger twist than that, imo. The whole arc of Mel being right about him being king but completely wrong about what he was going to be king of.

He's the Night's King

They're all equally shit buddy. Grow up.

Wouldn't you rather escape to somewhere good though?

Fiction is a waste of time, period. There's an entire universe of ancient factual accounts, modern factual accounts, and instructive materials to read. Each second you spend reading literal made-up lies about a fictional world is a second you've deprived yourself of acquiring actual knowledge.

well shitposted, friends

What does happens to Jon? Is he really beric dondarrion 2.0?
And the man still can't bring himself to kill Arya. That's cute.

I don't like reading about the real world or real people. I could just read their wikipedia page or something and get the same information. This way I get a story with it.

Did you mean to reply to the non-fiction autism poster?

>Euron is the big bad of act 3 and Daenerys join forces with him, get one of her dragons killed, Tyrion loses his tongue and Drogon is really Balerion reincarnated
>Meanwhile Bran and Brynden plays medieval Rick and Morty on woods internet

No, but my response could go to both. People can read whatever makes them happy. If we all liked the same thing it would be boring.

They can, that doesn't mean they should.

Overall The First Law series is great but the first book is pretty slow.

Some guy ITT called this an autism post

because it's autistic

So are mine

Terry goodkind is super blatant in inserting his own political beliefs into his books. Not to say doing that is bad, or that it can even be avoided by authors, they should just try to do it subtlety

lol

In closing, Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time is the worst piece of garbage ever foisted on to fantasy fans and anyone who likes it should feel ashamed.

Thread closed.

/thread

One additional note: all fantasy fans should be ashamed in general, and Wheel of Time fans should be extra ashamed.

I still remember some blog on the official website saying a movie from universal was chapping way back in 2012

still better than LOTR
at least WoT has hot bitches getting spanked

Sci fi is far superior to fantasy anyway, just got finished reading the Hyperion cantos

It has some great moments, but there's 4000 pages in between them. And it wont become a show.

w-what about dragonlance and the drizzt books

variety.com/2008/film/features/universal-spinning-wheel-of-time-1117990464/

>NBC has the rights in 2000
>decides "nah, we're not making this pile of shit"

>Universal has the rights in 2008
>decides "nah, we're not making this pile of shit"

>unknown studio has the rights in 2016
>...

Drizzit could beat Rand

>oh look man a space ship oooooh pfiooo tchum tchum lasers rofl xD look japanese references see because they're so futuristic baka ¬-¬" oh no it's literally space hitler oh no look our hero is space jesus pfiu txooom oh look another planet another race of alyums i want to believe lets pretend human could go into space and not die due to radiation or madness like we could actually conquer such a hostile environment that is space and we won't live and die on this useless rock also i took the artistic freedom and for some reason corpses rots in space ok

every sci fi ever.

Did Rand fuck Else or not?

Also, I often see people suggesting Malazan. Is it more mature? Like ASOIAF?

Malazan is literally a transcription of some guy's GURPS campaign

Gurps as in 90s table rpg? I thought that was all about Guns and mechs instead of sword and Fireball and dragons and shit

Are you thinking of Rifts? GURPS accommodates anything

I think he was playing D&D when he came up with the idea. Doesn't mean the books aren't amazing. They are...

I don't think you've read any sci fi

Should I read Hyperion? Just finished Vernor Vinge's oeuvre and it was ok

But is it retardedly juvenile like WoT, or more mature like ASOIAF?

More mature than both, for sure. It's a much bigger world than either. Nothing is really laid out for you or overly explained. It's fantasy on hard mode and it's amazing.

lol

The first two books, Hyperion, and The fall of Hyperion, are amazing. Only read The third and fourth books, Endymion and The Rise of Endymion if you really like the setting as they take it in a different direction which I won't explain for fear of spoiling things for you.

In any case definitely read the first two, they act as a self contained story which relates to the second two books

K I might try my hand on it next year
Thanks
WoT left a sour taste in my mouth, it was horrible

I have all of them on my kobo, I'll try the first after I'm finished with Death Comes for the Archbishop.

Fuck the wheel of time and anyone who likes it btw

This thread is moving too fast for anyone to notice that I liked the Wheel of Time series.

You must be over 18 to browser these boards, son

I started reading it when there were only 3 books, in high school.

You are forgiven, the third book is one of the better ones

1/10, almost believed you

so you 'member

My opinion is that the first 3-4 and last 2-3 are worth reading, and are actually pretty good, but the extreme shittiness of the mid 7 books turn everyone off the series.

I re-read the series every time a new book came out to refresh myself on what the hell was going on, and seeing as books came out every 1-2 years I ended up rereading the series almost 10 times. After the first read-through I just skipped every chapter that was from the POV of a female character, which coincidentally 90% of the mid-7 books are, and the series got 500% better and 40% shorter.

I noticed jordan just cant into female pov

My opinion is that every single book is YA garbage written for dumb kids and that anyone who likes any of them has brain problems.

I'm a supervisor at a nuclear power plant, if I have brain problems they are the good kind.

I did most of my reading of the series when I was in the navy and didn't have much of a selection of books, or regular access to anything beyond the bluejackets manual and some submarine themed garbage the ships library locker had in it.

>All this WoT hate

Fuck you guys I like it

Thank you for your service

In conclusion, The Wheel of Time is a shitfest only morons enjoy.

wheel of time is for teenagers

it gets ridiculous later too

"teenagers" is a bit strong

if you're older than 15 it's probably a little too simple

>more mature like GoT
>dude ducks and vaginas and gay sex lmao

Your showfaggotry is showing