Apologize

Apologize.

Fuck everyone. once the movie reaches the coliseum all the way through to the yoda duel is the best part of any Star Wars. So badass

Reminder faggots literally can't handle their kino

you'll understand when youre older op

lol, no

>the yoda duel is cool

Yeah it definitely doesn't shit on his entire character. But WOAH man he really can move!

It's still the worst movie I've ever seen.

it's a central plot that he, and windu fucking fail everything and doom the republic to war.
Yoda is power-tripping during the last part of the movie instead of thinking about why, he just goes to the rescue, with long lasting results. the opposite of a jedi

I've been gone for a year. Is good friend posting still a thing?

Just a dull and very forgettable movie. I saw it once in the theater and have never had any real desire to rewatch it.

it has a nice retro charm to it. and it's really campy

For what? It's objectively the worst of the 7 released thus far.

I saw it in IMAX and it looked spectacular the opposite of forgettable

so sorry my queen

whoever made this picture has no idea how to aesthetically sort the images together

It a big bait

Episode 2 was terrible. I might even go as far as to say it was the worst one.

If if they did know, it's impossible to make attack of the clones look like kino

ya big DUM DUM

>every scene overflowing with shitty, sterile CGI
>retro charm

you may only select one

No. I'm not going to buddy up with lesser evil the moment the Devil walks in.

it's a movie made in the year 2000
it's held up remarkably well for what it set out to do, which was provide a nice gleamy aesthetic of the old corrupt republic before it's fall into tyranny.

It's kino

V > III > II > I > IV > VI > VII

edgy as fuck

every time i see that pic of obiwan..

Christ this movie even looks bad in stills, that CG has aged horribly.

DUDE CHRISTOPHER LEE LMAO

The colosseum battle and Yoda fight are the worst moments in the awful film

Nah. This is the only movie nu-Star Wars is better than. I hate it, like sand, it's coarse and rough, and it gets everywhere. Not like you, Sup Forums.

II>V>VI>IV>III>I>VII

>So badass

Even the action scenes are boring in this movie

they are one hundred times less boring than TFA you dult

>Plinkettfags are still upset that the prequels are getting their long overdue appreciation after the shitshow that was TFA
Go donate to their pateron some more, maybe that will cool the pain in your ass

George please go

>So badass
star wars "fans" everyone

>muh plinkett boogeyman

>implying TFA exists

Fuck off

>you share a board with a bunch of retarded millennial prequelfags who are too stupid to let go of nostaliga

welp

Good arguments.

It never looked good to begin with.

>prequels are getting their long overdue appreciation

They're really not. They're just as popular with the younger generations and normie movie goers as they ever were. They're getting a bit more love here than in the past, but that's only because plinkett support got out of control and contrarians are doing what they do best.

>comparing anything to TFA
>assuming user liked TFA because he didn't like AotC

Just because TFA was shit doesn't make AotC any less shitty m8

>make shitty argument against non-existent boogeyman
>expect serious arguments

To be real, there are some legitimately pretty good things in this movie, like the Zam Wesell chase, anything with Cliegg Lars, and Anakin shooting through the night like a bullet trying to find Shmi.

>Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you about his father? He was hired to assassinate a senator that me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw her wouldbe assassin out, but his cunning surprised even us. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild goose chase. And then that 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise for all we knew! Where was I? Oh yes, then that robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept, after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her because we we weren't watching her at all, but it as not a good shot. So we sense the hostile life forms in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his dumb jetpack. Mace Window killed him later, right in front of Boba. Mace was a good friend. Boba is a bad friend.

It's true though that Plinkett brainwashed an entire generation of Star Wars fans. It required a massive hack like JJ Abrams to make them aware of the genius of Lucas.

those things are made bad and regrettable by their being done by terrible characters and actors in a shitty narrative in a shitty movie. for example, i like the scene with anakin riding through the desert too, but the fact that it's a terrible version of anakin, played by a miscast actor, in a plot thread that should never have happened, totally undermines and sours whatever qualities might be there

good action and visuals are worthless if there's nothing behind them. like lucas said, a special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing

You definitely didn't see the movies as a kid if you didn't think that was the tightest shit.

kek, dat revisionism

can't tell if troll of if prequel babies are really that dumb

Kino

>Plinkettfags are still upset that the prequels are getting their long overdue appreciation after the shitshow that was TFA

The prequels are just as bad as they always were, they only difference now is that people can argue "Well the prequels are as bad as colon-cancer, but at least they aren't as bad as having AIDS (TFA)!" Something being worse than something else doesn't improve the thing that was already bad.

Other than shameless contrarians that are sucking up to films that they've never thought critically about the only people that argue about the prequels being good are braindead Sup Forums lore faggots that are in love with the prequel stories but can't possibly compute that there is more to making compelling films than just the background fluff.

AOTC is Star Wars on acid.

Absolutely been enjoying it all over again these past few days. It started when I put on the original PAL/Region 2 DVD the other night and watched it with the audio commentary. Then I found an HD Spanish version on YouTube ("Ataque Dos Clones") and downloaded that (with the Blu-ray colour cast). Fun!!!

It's such a visually magnificent movie. The production design and the art direction are really something else. Padme's dresses, the varied locales, the cinematography -- it's all so darn lush and wondrous.

The mashing-up of genres and tones is really cool in Clones as well. I've never appreciated the romance being intertwined with Obi-Wan's investigation on Kamino more than when I just started watching the movie again this past week. Brilliantly expressive intercutting. And the design of Kamino and the Kaminoans is too surreal to appear anywhere but here. I love the whole bright-light sensibility and these creatures being close to classic 1950s/"nightmare" (abduction-hallucination) aliens. Adds potently to the weirdness of Clones and the underlying sense of paranoia the narrative presents. There is a percolating notion that these aliens live on light and see and feel its properties far beyond the perception (sensual and intellectual) of human beings. It's quite something, the strangeness of this movie!

And, oh, put the commentary on, for heaven's sake. It's damn good! I love how Lucas jumps in during the "emergency powers" speech and describes the remainder of the film as journeying into the dragon's cave. Geonosis is full-tilt action-symbolism: 3PO getting beheaded, being marched into battle, falling down, being "fixed" by Artoo. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put 3PO together again, but Artoo could! Sorry, but the last 45 minutes are insane, and Lucas very "aggressively negotiates" his sprawling themes through crazy non-stop action vignetting! One of many design aspects that makes Clones stranger and wilder than the rest. Is it too outrageous for its own good? Almost. Almost but never quite. There's something compulsive about the whole thing. (Maybe it's good for people with OCD. Or bad! Very, very bad!!!).

Finally, while I've said it before, I truly feel that there is never more of a journey being depicted in Star Wars than in AOTC. The picture has stupendously loud passages and wonderfully quiet interludes. It has an unusual oscillation, a strange torque. Just look at that brief scene with Watto, wedged in between conspiracy and murder. The whole ambiance of the picture really sucks me in. I do go back and forth on which prequel movie is my favourite, or which I would choose if you put a gun to my head, but right now, my love of Clones is sky-high -- I'd pick it as my favourite prequel, and my favourite Star Wars movie, period, in less than a heartbeat!

And I really think Clones could be Lucas' boldest work.