So what happened?

So what happened?

a bunch of talking and some sleep scenes

They cast a middle aged woman as the lead role in a big budget Science Fiction movie that uses intelligence more than action
Disgusting isn't it

The aliens were predestined to come to earth and give the humans the ability to be able to help the aliens in 1000 years

Hollywood took a thoughtful story and shoved chink future bullshit into it, that's what happened.

Superman died.

Was she a normal, boring linguist until she exposed herself in the suit to the creatures? At that point was she able to catch glimpses into the future? Or did that happen later when she touched the glass?

I was wondering why Renner wasn't able to catch glimpses into the future either.

What I imagine is that they get married, have the kid, Amy Adams tells Renner their daughter is going to die of a unique disease and he divorces her? Why would he do that? Why didn't she tell him she can see the future?

By learning their language, she learned to see time the same way the aliens do, i.e. all at once.

aliens turn a lady into a soothsayer using the magic of language

nothing happens

How can people watch this whole movie and not understand the plot? I felt insulted when I walked out with how obvious they made it.

>gains the ability to see the future
>no philosophical implications about free will, determinism, fatalism
>ching chong dead waifu world peace

Story of Your Life was ok but the next adaptation should be Hell is the Absence of God

"The weapon" is their language, and "the weapon" lets you see the future. Learning septopod makes you clairvoyant.

In the short story, learning septopod makes you both know the future and become unwilling to act differently based on that knowledge. You act just like you would if you didn't know the future, but you know what's coming.

In the movie, it makes you know the future and then you just do what you want I guess, including admitting you know the future.

> Why didn't she tell him she can see the future?

She did in the movie, and he said she made the wrong choice. He couldn't handle raising a daughter he knew would die young.

This was such a retarded movie. It is a shame because the first half is actually a great sci-fi film, but towards the end it transforms to a pseudo-intellectual shitshow.

>"I'm seeing the future because I learned a new language XD"
>"Dude humans are evil lmao"
>"my wife is dead, better fucking not kill the aliens after all"

>be at house party
>girlfriend's friend says that the movie is good but you have to be smart to understand it
>inception.jpg
>a month later, see the movie
>expect really big things and some kind of mindfuck that leaves me thinking as I leave the theater
>it's a fucking clairvoyant bullshit sphere language that octopus hand beings give to humans
>amy adams gets a divorce from her manlet husband
>child dies
>muh world peace and book publishing

What a fucking joke

Imagine Sup Forums's reaction if the one where people have an operation done to remove prejudice was adapted

i nearly fell asleep in the middle

Read Slaughter House Five OP

>She did in the movie, and he said she made the wrong choice. He couldn't handle raising a daughter he knew would die young.
but how else would they know she was right? wait 3000 years?

I am an autist for movies like these. I like to think how it would have been to be the first man to drive 90 mph or parachute out of a plane. the fear, anticipation, and uncertainty of being the first sounds so thrilling. Now imagine that but making first contact with aliens

kek

Amy Adams is trying to re-mommy herself into Hollywood
It's working

>Intelligence

LOW STANDARDS

This.

H

all i know is that Blade Runner is in good hands

I'm waiting for their statement where they tell people not to set their expectations really high. I laughed so hard when they said that about Beyond Earth in relation to SMAC.

The director is pro-life. So have that baby.

3000 you fuck

Could she have chosen not to have the kid or was her future set in stone, only she couldn't do anything about it? It seems like a pretty shitty thing to do to knowingly choose to have a terminally ill child to me

r u a gay