Any good punk bands I should listen to?? I'm really into stuff like bad brains, the descendents, Night Birds...

any good punk bands I should listen to?? I'm really into stuff like bad brains, the descendents, Night Birds, stuff like that

Other urls found in this thread:

4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Essential_Charts
youtube.com/watch?v=QJRAF6OYkgc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjus8cfLFJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope, none.

There are plenty of excellent punk bands you should listen to.
Thanks for enquiring, and have a great New Year, OP.

Minor Threat sound good

but is pretty much right. Punk is deprecated

How old are you? There's a point where your taste in punk will drop off massively.

I'm 18 and full of angst

Then listen to anything mang. If you got Spotify just look old-school punk.

>Inb4 "listening to play lists"

Except for Dead Kennedys' plastic surgery disasters. That could be listened all the way through.

>Dead Kennedys
Sure if you like horribly dated one-sided history lessons about the CIA and drug epidemics.

DKs never put out a bad record, and Plastic Surgery Disasters is GOAT!

Pic posted is what I'm currently listening to ATM.

The Replacements

The Dead Kennedys are more relevant than ever, especially pic posted in If it's so one sided, why don't you tell YOUR side of the story?

Mats are Alternative Rock, even if their early stuff was punk influenced i.e. the current "defining" sound of the era.

I'd recommend DEVO's first album. Not exactly punk, but it's got some of it.

The Replacements stopped being "Punk" after Hootenanny, and even that is rather sparse.

Sorry Ma, and Stink are their only two true punk albums.

>more relevant than ever
>have been broken up since 1987 then failed to reunite with a new singer
user...

To be fair Jello doesn't seem like the easiest guy to work with.

This and Hardcore DEVO volumes one and two are punk as fuck! Everything else is MEH

Uncontrollable Urge, Space Junk, Too Much Paranoia, Gut Feeling, Slap Your Mammy Down, Come Back Johnny, and Sloppy are punk as fuck!

Guttermouth?

>Kill The Poor
>When You Get Drafted
>Let' Lynch The Landlord
>Police Truck
>Chemical Warfare
>I Kill Children
>Viva Las Vegas

This album is the perfect soundtrack for Donald Trump's Amerikkka!

And yes, the U.S. version DOES contain Police Truck, so if you tell me it's not on the album then you must live in another country. Pic posted is the first pressing.

thank you guys a whole bunch!! I'll check em all out

Germs, Operation Ivy, Minor Threat, Minutemen, Husker Du, list goes on.

Operation Ivy

>DKs never put out a bad record

Bedtime for Democracy is great. album is 100% pure pleb filter

Half of the album has the production of Frankenchrist and the other half has some shitty production about on par with the first album's. It's inconsistent as fuck.

There's so much good new punk.
Coneheads, CCTV, DLIMC, Liquids(pretty much all the same guy)
Ajax, Rut, Dame, Diat, Gas Rag, Urochromes

4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Essential_Charts
Also this. Look around for newer punk bands. I'm tired of punk threads circle jerking the same classic albums. I'm pissed Idles-Brutalism slipped past everyone's nose.

THE RAMONES

Brutalism is dope. Have you heard the first Protomartyr album?

No but I listened to their latest, and I liked it so I'm gonna go through their discography

It's Brit Punk but with mindblowing basslines. I'd also recommend their first album.

>No Jerry's Kids.

When it comes to current punk bands, I really like these guys.

can't go wrong with inflammable material by stiff little fingers

you have 2 more years of liking punk, tops

Punk is a hypocritical leftist circlejerk

bad brains and DK are the two punk bands that I'm not embarrassed to listen to with other people.

>DK
Absolute retards

Black Flag- Damaged
Ramones- Rocket to Russia
GG Allin- Hated in the Nation
Crass- Feeding the 5000
Johnny Hobo- Easter Sunday Hangover

Yeah, punks pretty great. I’ve been craving more crass-like bands lately. Feeding and Penis Envy are two of my favorites. I found Flux of Pink Indians the other day and they’re awesome.

T. Soyboy who uses the term problematic unironically

>No fun you kids, adults are serious

>This is what punktards actually think

You seem to find this... problematic

This. Punk killed prog, and music along with it

Fuck punk

Prog is literally the worst genre ever

At that point, prog deserved to die.

You might not know it, but Junior High is going to be the best year of your life, champ. Enjoy it while you can, and don’t forget to make friends

I stand by my statement, and that's a great album
This user gets it.
At's not bad, but it's a little too "Clashy" whereas the first one and Let's Go are more in a U.K. 82 street punk style. Let's Go is my favorite of the first three.
Which one? The Boston one or the Arizona one?
THIS!
You might want to check out Poison Girls, and to a lesser extent Fatal Microbes/Honey Bane, Omega Tribe, and The Mob. All were friends with Crass, and had at least one record on the Crass record label. If you want something a little bit harder but in the same vein politically, you might also want to check out Rudimentary Peni and Conflict.
This user gets it!

Pic posted is extremely underrated but very important punk band/album.

Highly underrated British punk band from 1977.

Some record reviewer back in 1977 called the title track the single of the week every week.

If you decide to check out the recommendation of then you need to check this album out too.

Pro tip: DON'T listen to ANY Clash albums after this classic. This is the LAST GOOD CLASH ALBUM!

Fuck off redditor

I got into it when I was 22...

Wire
Mx-sound
Chrome
Television
Buzzcocks
Crime
Didjits
The Fix
Flipper
Joy Division
Bad Religion
Gang of Four
Minutemen
Husker Du
Naked Raygun
OFF!
Pere Ubu
Public Image Ltd.
Sleater-Kinney
Fugazi
Theoretical Girls
Undertones
Wipers
Zero boys
And Pic Related

Angry Samoans

>Amerikkka

a lot of this stuff is surface level btw

and if you are done with those just go to rym and go to charts and type in punk.

NO, YOU!

Nice to see that somebody knows who The Dijits were.

Pic posted is really the only Skrewdriver worth listening to although the version of Anti-Social that appears on it isn't as good as the alternate version found on other compilations. Also that album doesn't contain Back With A Bang and I Don't Like You. I don't like Skrewdriver's politics, or Ian Stewart MacDonald, but since this album is pretty ambiguous politically, I won't go on a rant. At least they didn't become openly racist until later on when they reunited.

I'm not big into punk, but Zounds is some of the best shit I've ever heard. The music is pretty antifa, but not in a sissy way. It feels like punk for punks who've outgrown punk.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJRAF6OYkgc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjus8cfLFJw

I think Skrewdrivers first record can rival a lot of the punk records of its time. Too bad it doesn't a lot love.

>Antifa
>Not sissy
Hahahahah

Can you even read?

I love this record a lot

Haram
Skeleton
Acrylics
Hairspray Queen
Fex Urbis
Anasazi
Nosferatu
Institute
Gazm
Dame
Diät
Exit Order
Savage Blind God
Sadist

Coneheads haven't been a band flr like 2 years and assuming you're the same user that always posts this, Mark Winter is not the same fuckin guy as Mat from Liquids. Both were in Coneheads and Mark has played in Liquids, but Mat is the driving force of that band, while Mark Winter was the main songwriter (and recording musician) in coneheads.

Crass and Flux of Pink Indians are criminally underrated

Are terrible and boring

>Some edgelord faggot has already posted Skrewdriver amd GG Allin

le sigh

>I'm a skinny white teen in a flyover state who gets his politics from frog memes on Sup Forums

By fucking who lmao

Have you ever even gone to a show? Crass patches are like Misfits shirts for vegans who smell like trash

only d-beat is real

aren't these guys collaborates with brainbombs?

>this is hard hitting political satire

Zounds is from early 80s London so the anarchist attitude makes sense

>brainbombs
Lanchy, their guitarist up to 2007 was in Totalitar too
pic related is as pissed off, loud and hateful you can get without going into thrashcore/powerviolence/grind territory

Give ALL a chance: they’re the weirdo version of the Dents. Try listening to some Epitaph compilations to check if youvlike any bands. And get into post-hardcore and emo, start with something like Rites of Spring and force feed yourself Cap’n Jazz till you get them.

>Rites of Spring
God tier
>Cap'n Jazz
Apart from Little League they're awful