“Bodak Yellow” is not just the banger of the year; it’s an unignorable antithesis to a political landscape built...

>“Bodak Yellow” is not just the banger of the year; it’s an unignorable antithesis to a political landscape built around xenophobia, racism, and sexism.

Well Sup Forums? Is "Bodak Yellow" by Cardi B your song of the year, or are you all xenophobic racist sexists?

Other urls found in this thread:

sheleadsafrica.com/kumba-musa/
techwomen.org/girls-education/stem-women-unites-women-scientists-in-sierra-leone-provides-role-models-for-next-generation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougla
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Miles
grist.org/climate-energy/meet-lewis-latimer-the-african-american-who-enlightened-thomas-edison/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Bath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_Boykin
youtu.be/XOLOLrUBRBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's also impossible to justify hating this as there pick for SOTY

I can't stand that bitch.

>Stop
>reading
>Pitchfork

holy shit who even talks like that.
Dude sounds like a corporate shill

>its cultural importance is certainly one of the factors that made it number one
>It's just a great anthem

wew lad

Ok pitchfork is obviously dumb but can this thread please not become a shitty race argument

Name literally one (1) good thing black people have ever done for mankind

bodak yellow by cardi b

The more they say those words for trivial reasons the more they become buzzwords and lose their impact

she's a cardi B list celebrity at best

Pitchfork is basically a corporation now.

cardi b is basically record companies realizing nicki minaj is becoming irrelevant so they needed another loud annoying Negress who makes shitty music

>nicki minaj
>Negress

This

The more they call you racist for not liking rap or making a joke after a while people are just not gonna care. They'll just say "Yeah, I'm racist." and then they'll be more likely to fly into the arms of actual racists like the kkk and neonazis.

sheleadsafrica.com/kumba-musa/
techwomen.org/girls-education/stem-women-unites-women-scientists-in-sierra-leone-provides-role-models-for-next-generation

cardi b the god

bx putting in work

she's a black c hick

In 2070 we'll be teaching african refugees javascript and they'll save the world from

Pitchfork officially has no integrity left.

Where can a guy even go for good music reviews anymore? Certainly not that Tony Tano fellow

sure is Sup Forums itt

She literally isn't
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougla

imagine my surprise at beta cucks hating cardi b

>You b racist if you dont like this shitty pop song

african is the dominant gene mayne

It's a sad state of affairs when what is basically a cover song, blows up this much

>a political antithesis

>I might just feel on your babe, my pussy feel like a lake
>He wanna swim with his face, I'm like, "Okay"
>I'll let him get what he want, he buy me Yves Saint Laurent
>And the new whip, when I go fast as a horse, I got the trunk in the front

What sort of hallucinogenics do you have to take to understand this track as having any sort of political relevance whatsoever? An "antithesis" to a "political landscape"? How? Like really, how? There is nothing in these lyrics that have anything to do either implicitly or explicitly with anything the reviewer mentions. It's like people's interpretive functions have gone absolutely fucking haywire.

>le wrong generation

hasely looks whiter than her and she has a black dad.

cardi b looks like a nigger, she got the nigger facial features

lol

It's a statement against the patriarchy and sexism and donald j drumpf's white male fascism by being an unapologetic, loud, soulful black woman with a healthy sex positive outlook. She is also dominating over her man and showing that She is the boss, not him, and she can handle her own shit. It's empowering and what we need right now in these troublesome times.

Booker T made peanut butter

dude those lyrics are fucking awful no way around it
i like 2010s music but this is just piss poor crude garbage

Define good
Define mankind
Explain why "good" is good
Explain why technological advancements or high culture or whatever you think white people are all about are good
Explain why all sorts of people with different historical lines should mix or be compared

It's a black woman being vocally black and a woman. I don't think it was her purpose, and I'm not justifying pitchfork picking it, but it does stand against the "white male" culture that people are moving away from more generally

ain't no sunshine when she's gone by bill withers

I agree with it being song of the year but disagree with Pitchfork being hip enough to put it as that without any motivation to rile people up/make a point. And i dont care about their bizarre analysis. Keep posting articles about how great camron was like it's 2007 LOL

Cardi B might smell like semen and shit.

>black people have never done any good for mankin-

>Her braggy lines also belie a thoughtful core. Cardi may be on top, shuffling through praise, diamonds, and dudes at her whim, but in her glee she’s opening the door to her listeners, her sisters: This lifestyle, or any triumph they so choose, feels like it may just be in their reach, too.

??? Haha what am i reading wake me up

how often do you wash your fedora

how is she more vocally black (wtf does that mean) than any other rapper

I was just about to ask something similar, but I guess when you're a woman writing (or at least performing) from the perspective of someone in power it's rare for it to be as commercially successful as it is.

Certain groups of people (overeducated wh*tes) are unable to experience basic human emotions properly and thus come up with bizarre theories to explain things

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Miles
grist.org/climate-energy/meet-lewis-latimer-the-african-american-who-enlightened-thomas-edison/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patricia_Bath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otis_Boykin

Jazz, blues, rock music. Etc. etc.

WE

Its more the combination of black and woman. That review goes on to say shes the first black woman in 20 years or something to score a number one single. And you have to comapre her to other popular black female artists like rihanna or beyonce who certainly arent arent as racially expressive

YOUS

How is cardi b racially expressive (wtf does that mean)

This is unironically what pitchfork is saying
That's fucking stupid. It's not good music, who the fuck cares if it's a black woman saying something. There's plenty of black women making music why is this one special
We should defund all humanities departments in universities

Wtf are you saying didnt beyonce make a black power girl power album last year? Isn't that the whole reason why she's now considered "respectable" by the p4k crowd when she was just a typical katyperry-tier pop star before?

cardi b wasnt even the best rap album of the year.
She wasnt the best black female rap of the year.
This is out and out p4k showing they got bribed or have an agenda to push.
This shit is embarrassing.

This is like them putting macklemore or iggy azela at the top

Normal person: yeah I love that Cardi B song! Oh, Trump? Fuck that guy!

Cracker brain gone insane: “Bodak Yellow” is not just the banger of the year; it’s an unignorable antithesis to a political landscape built around xenophobia, racism, and sexism

Her braggy lines also belie a thoughtful core. Cardi may be on top, shuffling through praise, diamonds, and dudes at her whim, but in her glee she’s opening the door to her listeners, her sisters: This lifestyle, or any triumph they so choose, feels like it may just be in their reach, too.

>There's plenty of black women making music why is this one special
Because this was one of the biggest hits of the year. And i agree with the rest of what you said it's not a great song and pitchfork only picked it to pander, but that is the justification for it

Lemonade was woke, but it wasn't nearly as woke as this. Carli B is asserting her dominance as a woman over the white male, she gets what SHE wants, not the other way around. Beyonce is still submissive to Jay Z in the housewife role, hence there being a song about Becky with the good hair and him cheating on her. Carli B doesnt give a fuck if a man cheats on her, because she can just cheat on him, and the man needs her more than she needs him because she's counting the money and making the power plays. She's flipping the switch and changing the game and showing black women can run this world.

Maybe you should take a class on race and identity studies?

I guess your right about beyonce I was thinking of her older type stuff, but lemonade was also widely praised by pitchfork for the exact same reason

Funny how all negros of note have noticeable white mixture (mlk, malcolm x, frederick douglas, stokely darmichael, angela davis, etc) literally the only sub saharan true african I can think of that isn't an athlete is marcus garvey

OK, but I mean there were other big songs made by black women. SZA was pretty big this year no? Anything off her album was better than this. Pitchfork clearly doesn't give a fuck about the music anymore.

Where did you even get that? I have no problem with the song, nor any of the current pop-decadence that's gotten trendy. My issue is with the review. It offers an outrageous reading of the song, and hysterically misrepresents it.

Really, assigning overt political significance to music like this only makes it self-defeating. Sort of undercuts the radical individualism of the whole exercise of bragging about having your man buy you Yves Saint Laurent in a pop song, doesnt it?

Oh and this definitely wasn't an example of somebody who's not white mixed, but the contrary.

this nigga is white

This song was a number one charting single though which is just about their entire justification. And ever since they got bought out by a major media company their goal has been clicks not integrity so you are right about them not caring about the music anymore

black women are literally the bottom of the totem pole of type of woman a white guy would date.

Anyone pontificating respond to my posts

We wuz generalz n shiet!

now even black men like black women

kek

>Inviting racism into the thread
You're really stupid, or a raciss yourself.

hey OP, calm down, if u don't like it it's ok. p4 just did an observation if u will, or more of an attempt to make a leccture of a song within it's context

sometime I read shit like 'left/liberals are too sensitive an so, but you all read this start of get threatened and whining, and cry. Like stop being a bitch. I do not understand you

See this is why Carli B was number one. This kind of fascist shit right here. We need a reaction to this shit, this stereotyping and Eurocentric beauty standards shaming black women. Carli B spoke the FUCK out against yall, and put yall in your place showing she dont give a fuck about your perception or what you say. She can have any guy she wants and use them like a plaything, and you'd gladly get on your knees and obey if she let you have even a taste of her wealth and power. The political establishment and white male world order are fucking scared of losing their place at the top, and rightfully so, because it's almost up for them and Carli B is showing that. Bodak Yellow went #1 for a reason, because women and poc feel empowered by her message and what she's doing. She's inspiring us to revolt against your bullshit.

youtu.be/XOLOLrUBRBY

A white guy could littrly could bang over 100000000 black women but that would mean he had to lower his standards.

I mean even if a white guy is into non white women is usually asian chicks 70% of the time

Black women should feel fucking blessed a white man even looked at them

literally made me laugh out loud. Thank you

11 year old wiz kid builds computer

>Carli B

you speak for all there omniscient guy

my boy is agry with me, tell me why pls user

>she was a stripper

#1 cardi b bodak yellow
#2 gummo

Take that Drumpf. Fucking slay bitch, slay these racist white males.

Yassss queen

>I share a board with absolute mongoloids

You all need to disintegrate into garbage.

There's no way that one guy was serious

What one guy?

btw p4k sucks but u all are a littles bitches afriad of this kind of post, step it up "Alpha males". fcking facist take urselfs less serius FGS

>i share

ok sorry dad

wew

>Conspicuous lack of post Malone or lil peep on top 100 list yet somehow some unknown new slowdive song and a paramore song in 2017 are better than 21 savage

Ok

fuck yessssss

21 Savage fucking sucks and so does postmalone

Negroe of color + wamen = progress
Get that through your white skull you colonizer

But she is heteronormative cis so it's still problematic to give her the #1 spot

Industry plant. Ugly braindead thot.

So THAT'S why Revival got a better score than Relapse
Jesus fucking christ

First this now the coachella line up. How will wh*tes recover?

Her music is meh but I'd let her sit on my dick

Nigger

>post deleted
lamo