Star Wars under right wingers

Would Star Wars have more potential if it was in the hands of more conservative leaning types as opposed to the extreme lefties who own it now?

If so, why? What do you think could be better about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It would be called Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

No because conservatism would lead to more OT Fanboy worship. If you like world building, you need to try different things.

If anything, besides the SJW/Multicult stuff they're forcing in it, they're already worshipping hard at the OT altar.

All 7 movies are heavily influenced by the OT. 4 are in some vein, a remake/spiritual recreation of the original 3. Including but especially Rogue One.

Good stuff.

I want moderates. Star Wars should be apolitical.

I don't know if there'd be more fanboy worship from conservatives than liberals

I feel like conservatives would get tone a lot better. Liberals live in a fantasy land where nothing is scary and they don't understand the actual brutality of the world. They're scared of it

Thus, scenes that should be scary, or intense, they add comic relief. Kidnapped and being interogated? Make jokes! yeah! All the fucking tension gone!

Conservatives wouldn't do that, they'd understand that during times of crisis or battle, you shut the fuck up and do your job.

Then after it's over, you make comic relief to bond with your buddies and relieve the excess adrenaline.

It's 2016, there are no moderates. The only people who are moderate are nonvoters or people who don't understand what's going in at large.

You'd get something set from the Empire's perspective.

Questions would be raised about law and order, the use of force, post-imperialism, individuality, duty, et cetera.

A more cerebral movie than RAGTAGS BAND TOGETHER TO BEAT THE BIG MEANIES

>movies about republics turning into empires and being overthrown by rebellions should be apolitical

Good luck.

It's ironic that despite all the "progressives" working on the series, they haven't actually taken any real risks with it so far

>Conservatives wouldn't do that, they'd understand that during times of crisis or battle, you shut the fuck up and do your job.

If that were true, they wouldn't have voted for someone actively in favor of dismantling our alliances and trading pacts while carving a path for our enemies to secure their rise in regional influence at the cost of our hegemony.

Basically by putting the demands of an obsolete working class before the fate of our nation, they've done exactly the opposite of what you said conservatives do.

As opposed to Obama allowing Putin to do whatever he wants in middle east?

Or taking back crimea..

or 100 other things the Chinese/Russians have pulled where we haven't effectively countered any of it?

His no fuck up doctrine has created the same vacuum you're afraid Trump will create.

The OT was created by a left wing radical, the PT by a man disillusioned by the democratic process (same guy plus a few decades experience).

The new films don't suffer because they have a progressive left agenda, but because they don't tie it in to the narrative at all. It's all on the surface. The First Order are jst Nazis, the Stormtrooper is Black but becomes a non-character within 20 minutes, Rey is a girl but more importantly is Special by Divine Right so that's a throwback if anything.

It's a mess, op.

How about you fuck off back to Sup Forums?

Not saying TFA isn't safe as fuck but what would a real risk look like? No OT characters? Original plot? Dialogue on par with the OT?

I would like to see the american revolutionary war adapted into a space fantasy.

The Empire are the good guys, or at least portrayed sympathetically

Alternatively, a story that follows the rise of a Sith as opposed to always the good goys. kind of like Anakin but more of a traditional sith from the EU, there's tons they could do, someone who wants power for actually intelligent thought out reasons. Portray them actually being evil.

>Dialogue on par with the OT?
The dialogue was LITERALLY the worst thing about the OT. It was pure trash.

>Star Wars without ceaseless virtue signaling

yes, of course it would have been better.

Lucas worshipped Joseph Cambell, how is that radical anything? The Hero's Journey is the basis behind Western Myths, the spine of the monomyth has driven majority of western ideas since we starting building nation-states.

We're talking Treaties of Westphalia tier cultural preservation.

And after spending a lot of time in academia, I can tell you without a doubt liberals hate the idea of a Hero as much as they undermine faith or any other culturally subjective tenet or lens that advances Western ideas.

It takes ideas that is somewhere between shakspearan/greek tragedy family shenanigans, drops them into a vat with eastern philosophy ideas, and then sprays it across a space-fantasy backdrop, and you think that is left wing radical? What?

Explain yourself.

>The Empire are the good guys
Opinion discarded. Fuck off, kid.

But the Empire literally are the good guys.

They did nothing wrong

TWA would actually had a better villain for once.

You're blaming Obama for things that literally no US president could've prevented and Obama still managed to put the brakes on that shit.

Syria is a Russian ally, America couldn't have gone to war with it without directly clashing with Moscow, which really wasn't worth it considering American interests there were purely humanitarian (Assad is killing his people, boohoo).

Meanwhile Russia has been thoroughly punished for Crimea. Their economy is suffering under sanctions and the rest of Eastern Europe is rallying towards NATO.

I'm not "accusing" Trump of anything, Trump himself has flat-out said he wants better ties with Russia and is willing to overlook Crimea and even turn his back on NATO allies.

And don't expect him to give Putin shit for Syria either. Obama may have played it safest when it came to Russian aggression while not really raising as firm of a hand as he should have, but Trump is ready to lay out the welcome mat.

You know, other than destroy a planet filled with millions of innocent people.

It just needs people who can write decent stories involving decent characters.
The political opinions of the writers is not important

Star Wars would be better if it didn't have a massively bloated budget so appealing to the chink market wasn't necessary

Just doing anything that wasn't derivative of the OT would have been enough

Even just having Rey come from an ice , industrial, or jungle planet instead of Tattooine 2.0 complete with scavenger motif would have been a good start

Or spending 5 minutes building a world that isn't a tattoine rip off would have made the movie a lot better but lets be honest.

JJ's idea for world building is.. "irish world" with shitty helicopter shots.

>American interests there were purely humanitarian
yes, the Quatar pipeline is a purely humanitarian pursuit

>Their economy is suffering under sanctions
sanctions have jack shit to do with it. They don't help for sure, but oil price was bound to drop either way.

>rest of Eastern Europe is rallying towards NATO
They've been doing it anyway for the last 3 decades.

Late-70s Political Radical, not literary radical. Have you seen Lucas' other films?

At least that was a setting we haven't seen before

It's not its strongest suite but it's still miles ahead of TFA and the millenial tier babbling Rey and Finn display. Even in the OT you have characters like Tarkin who nail their part to a T.

That wouldn't fly well with the plebs though

The US nuked Japan. Twice.

Sometimes you need to use the big guns for the greater good.

Modern liberals love the idea of a Hero as long as they're female and/or black.

I've seen majority of his films but being against the vietnam war was held by majority of the country so unless you mean he is a secret commie or something, I'm not getting you.

>They've been doing it anyway for the last 3 decades.

They won't be doing it now that Trump is telling them to fend for themselves. And since he's flippant as fuck he might change on that just like the rest of his state policies but it's obvious he wants to be in bed with Putin.

*rebel sympathisers

Well he was asking what a real risk would look like

Personally i think you could do an Empire based movie and pull it off. Instead of focusing on a group trying to stop the empire, focus on a sith trying to raise an empire. I guess they kind of did that with anakin and sheev, but yeah.

There's different ways it can be done.

Or they could have the republic fall and be evil and the Empire. Kind of a twist on how it rose in the prequels.

I'm not a writer, I don't fucking know. I just know there's tons of untapped potential but it won't be touched because they'll be safe and lame.

Not professors I've had to learn under, they eviscerate the idea, they think it is puerile juvenile shit that have spent parts of courses destroying in one form or another.

Since I've spent time defending the idea of a hero against said professors, and while my experiences are anecdotal, I can say some do for sure. How much of that is a majority is unknown but they spend a lot of time undermining a lot of things that basis of western culture was built out of.

>It's 2016, there are no moderates. The only people who are moderate are nonvoters or people who don't understand what's going in at large.

I'm a reactionary kneejerker therefor everyone that isn't is stupid

fuck off moron

>Negotiate with Japan to surrender
>They don't surrender
>Warn their people to flee the city
>Nuke the city

>Blow up a planet at random because the queen used to live there

????

>Negotiate with Japan to surrender
>They don't surrender

This is a myth. They wanted a conditional surrender, the condition being that they get to keep their emperor. America said no and insisted the surrender be unconditional. Then they drop the bombs and let Japan keep their emperor anyway.

Completely needless loss of life just to test a nuke on live targets and scare off Stalin.

I didnt know that about the emperor desu.

Most of my countries history on it come from Japan, and japans not gonna admit their new masters fucked them over

Conservative films are almost always better than liberal films. It would be better just because it would not be "mainstream".

>americans discussing politics
>liberalism is authoritarian leftism and conservatism is about freedom of speech

It would be much better out of the hands of the preachy liberal bitches. It wouldn't have gone down the road of "Mary Sue of the Week vs the Big Bad White People" and would be more of an evolving story of galactic scale war and struggle like it should have been. If anybody can do cardboard thin characters and stereotypes (not to mention motivations: 'I rebel!") it's liberal fags, Try to think of Star Wars if Tolkien had written it, and not this JJ Abrams level crap we see now.

No, since they're already doing the most conservative thing possible with it: redoing the original trilogy.

Hahahahahahhahaa politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire point of Star Wars is that the Force doesn't care if you're a man or a woman, black or white

Doesn't sound very conservative-friendly to me

I said conservative, not alt-reich

except the story is about bloodlines.

>Star Wars made by conservatives
>No cuck shit, pandering, or feminist groveling bullshit
>Every film would be like Revenge of the Sith, i.e. actual galactic-spanning space drama
>No meme shit
>No EBIN BB8 FLAME THUMBS UP xDDD

Reminder that the only people who prefer nu-wars never even liked the films, has probably never played a Star Wars game outside of Force Unleashed, and considers Dark Forces to be "omg so stupid! How can a white man be the hero?".

I remember going into dusty board game shops in the 90's to buy Star Wars novels and playing shitty no-graphics turn based strategy games on the PC. Nu-wars fans remember watching Episode 1 when they were 6 years old after a match of cowadooty with their black friends while their mothers were tag-teamed by said black kids fathers while their white lib tard fathers watched and jerked off.

youtu.be/PN_CP4SuoTU

That's because your idea of what a conservative is is completely distorted, based on MSM brainwashing.

I have fond memories of watching the original trilogy on VHS with my brother, we must have marathoned that trilogy about 5 or 6 times.

(I fucking love the new trilogy, I member)

Suck a dick.

Not true

>Contrary to what had been intended at its conception, the Declaration made no mention of the Emperor at all. Allied intentions on issues of utmost importance to the Japanese, including whether Hirohito was to be regarded as one of those who had "misled the people of Japan" or even a war criminal, or alternatively, whether the Emperor might become part of a "peacefully inclined and responsible government" were thus left unstated.

You could do it you'd just have to tone down some of the nazi imagery in order to avoid the ((media)) throwing a shitfit.

People here in europe have been turning away from american tv
They feel it is weird and unnatural
Like everything is made up by the pussy emo hipsters you used beat up in highschool.
Now they and their autism are churning out hollywood movies filled with nonsense that seems to resemble the ideas of a san franciso junkie

Think about it.
These libsperg tranny lovers ruined movies
No more fun action humor or romance between man and woman.
Watch any major blockbuster and everyone is a cynical snarky depressive asshole.
American autism is too big a part of the movies now and europe doesnt want it.
We dont need to be beaten ovr the head with feminism and diversity at every turn. Stop trying to push these ideas into everything

Nothing will keep them from rehashing old shit and making a bad movie, but it would certainly be better. I would like a Sup Forums-tier movie where they realize the galaxy went to shit under the new government and Sheev did nothing wrong.

It was a delousing laser.

>Would Star Wars have more potential if it was in the hands of more conservative leaning types

No, I don't like religious movies.

>It's 2016, there are no moderates
Maybe not in your echo chamber, but here in the real world there are lots of people who think the middle road is best

>>jews

ameritards are so cucked they spend their time on this shit while their country is stolen by russians cucks

lolz

>I've seen majority of his films but being against the vietnam war was held by majority of the country so unless you mean he is a secret commie or something, I'm not getting you.
and thinking that blacks and women can appear in a movie is also an opinion held by the majority of the country and not leftist propaganda

>claims to be a true Star Wars fan
>wants every film to be like Revenge of the Sith, the most disjointed emo shit out of them all
Jesus that's pathetic

cons could write a better empire instead of the EVIL BAD GUYS that currently exist

Here's the thing you're going to find out about americans, we will do anything to win and quite a few people include cheating in that so..the circumstances that got him the win don't matter to about half the electorate. All the rest will be political theater.

>including politics to escapism

Sup Forums is already twisting itself into knots from the mental gymnastics to believe that Trump appointing the CEO's of Exxon Mobil and Goldman Sachs to his cabinet are evidence of him draining the swamp, not to mention his massive pro-Israel anti-free market stance
the only thing that they care about is that the one who won is /ourguy/

Did people actually believe he was going to do half the shit he said?

I mean in a lot of ways, some of his picks, including the guys he brought in to combat china's trade war they've been waging are good signs but I think that will be better for business and not so much for american worker..

he needed establishment people to get anything done but what he didn't realize is these people eat their own, which is how they've stayed in power so long, just look at Mcconell/Ryan/Mccain attacking him.

>countries jump on NATO to stop spending their own money and spend america's
>Trump calls a stop and makes everyone pay their way
>"but it's not faaaaaaaair!"

kys libcuck

>Obama may have played it safest when it came to Russian aggression
Russian aggression is a meme, the US are the aggressors here while Russia is scrambling to defend what's left of their allies

>conservatives are smart

Nice meme

And then we helped rebuild their country into one of the strongest in the world, you fucking idiot. How would the empire manage that with the scattered remains of alderan?

>all these shitposts and only one (you)

Poor thing. Here, I've got a few to spare.

> muh pole boogeyman

How about you fuck off from the site entirely?

Milius should have done it.

>politicized movie series are okay when its my politics
stop

Face it, everything out of hollywood is leftist shilling

>left wing
>right wing
When did Sup Forums get political? We always said fuck you to everyone.

Yeah its called the prequels

Hello Russian propagandist

don't you have fake news to spread?

>we will do anything to win

evidently not.

sure thing Ivan

I seriously hope you are a Russian shill and not some retard reading Russia Today 24/7

>fake news

>They've been doing it anyway for the last 3 decades.

Gee I wonder why

First post best post

>Implying that the US under Obama have not built military bases all over eastern europe
>Implying that Killary didn't say that she was going to start a war with Russia
If you knew jack shit about geo-politics you could have an opinion about who the aggressor is. Now you just have to stfu

Trump is not anti-rich people. That's Bernie you're thinking of.