Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAoTHILzheo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf is shoegaze

Most of Jim Jarmusch's films.

What? How?

Anything Lynch
duh

I don't know, its just a feeling right? There's no objectively correct answer here.

The Big Shoe (2015)

They have jazz music.

I get some shoegaze vibes from 8cm per second and some other Shinkai films

Sure. Doesn't mean there's no shoegaze vibe in his movies. Only Lovers Left Alive for example, has a very shoegazy feeling to it in my opinion. Coffee And Cigarettes, very much a shoegaze feeling too.

>its just a feeling right?
Shoegaze is about dense atmospheric psychedelic noisy textural sounds. What films have the same dense atmospheric psychedelic noisy textural aesthetic?

lost in translation, obviously.

so wrong. jim jarmusch movies focus on writing too much to be likened to shoegaze.

lost in translation...

Beautiful Noise (2014)

sound doesn't equate to the feeling it conveys. i feel shoegaze conveys romantic melancholy, longing and depression more than anything.

Lost in Translation

Mike Leigh's Naked

Or maybe its no wave idk

>he doesn't listen to happygaze

Was listening to Ringo Deathstarr and thinking about how much I want to inpregnate this semen demon.

But to answer op's question, I've gotten shoegaze vibes from
Under the Skin
Punch Drunk Love
All the boys love Mandy Lane
Blue Ruin
Broken Flowers

PDL gave me shoegazey vibes too but mostly because of Jeremy Blake's intertitle paintings

>Only Lovers Left Alive

I saw this recently. Aside from not having a shoegaze feel at all, it's pretentious garbage following two insufferable NEETs and literally nothing happens for 2/3rds of the entire film. The atmosphere and visuals are hardly noteworthy as well. It tries to pull off a sense of isolation but it just feels like being trapped with two annoying emo kids during detention.

Also, the soundtrack is shit. A character who apparently has lived for centuries and was secretly responsible for the world's greatest musical achievements wouldn't be making dull and droning generic alt-rock.

If you want an actually good film about vampires that's also atmospheric, Let the Right One In is an infinitely better choice.

>Also, the soundtrack is shit.
No user you are shit.

Upstream Color is the only movie I've seen that comes close to being shoegaze.

shoegaze is some post modern shit where they write a song and add a lot of distortion and noise so you don't actually have to listen to how bad it is. also the lyrics are sung by a numale or a monotone girl and are always subtly about cutting yourself

You sound triggered.

t. rapfag

DELET THIS

Sup Forumsfags so focused on taste they will like literally anything anyone puts on a recommendation chart.

>Sup Forumsirgin thinks he knows mu after visiting once

At least they listen to music.
Can you say that Sup Forums watches films?

Anything by pic related. Virgin Suicides being the kino

Why watch "film" when you can make memes about kino?

5cm.

>Only lovers left alive

Me really liked it and me too thinks it was quite shoegaze-y

>Ringo Deathstarr

They were opening Smashing Pumpkins when I saw them live, I liked them more than Billy Corgan and friends

Nah, that's Angelo Badalamenticore

There is only one true shoegaze film and that is Lost in Translation
Which makes sense because there is only one true shoegaze album.

Kevin please fuck off back to bankrupting studios

>There is only one true shoegaze album

What else is there? Ride? slowdive? LSD?

All of the ones you named, for example

well said

I watched Lost in Translation for the first time on the 25th anniversary of Loveless (about a month ago) and it was fantastic.

Chungking Express feels shoegaze to me
Blackhat
Maybe it's just because of Lost in Translation, but I associate the sound with nighttime neon-lit Asian landscapes and feels-heavy romantic stories

post her lewds

>2015
fuck you

grandeur of hair

thread sure is blebs

here have some entry-level shoegaze kino
youtube.com/watch?v=NAoTHILzheo

gregg araki movies

>brakhage
get the fuck outta here

>Layered, lofi, distorted image
Damn this guy's on to something

>being this upset at how right I am

His soundtracks are fucking amazing, surprised it took this long for someone to mention him. His 90s films are kind of trashy in a really fun way but Mysterious Skin is genuinely a masterpiece

The Slowdive Souvlaki documentary on YouTube is great, way better than Beautiful Noise

That movie where JGL is a rentboy who got molested has an awesome shoegaze soundtrack