I wish I lived in London in the 90s

I wish I lived in London in the 90s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YA47TzEeA_4
youtube.com/watch?v=F8ELLUM48ok
google.co.uk/maps/@51.5066615,-0.1024358,3a,75y,52.69h,60.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWHg51bLvvNFV2Mo-Gc_jMw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
youtube.com/watch?v=wQDiaAmRA-o
youtube.com/watch?v=eCdRFMp8Xwo
youtu.be/Y5-yD6TNK94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what film?

Undressed (1993)

nake 1993

same desu
it just looks aesthetically homey and nice

i don't

Imagine living in the dystopic alternate world version of London from Trainspotting.

I just wish it was the 90s again. Hell, any time pre-2008 would be nice.

Never seen the film but I just got a blast of nostalgia just from seeing that style of architecture. Does anyone know where this is?

>pre-2001
fixt

nah, anytime pre-social media explosion would be fine. i hate what the internet, culture, media has become

I liked the internet back when it was something for weirdos so nobody actually talked about it. You had your little secret clubs and knew it would never be brought up in the real world, true separation. Now they have just melded together and it's fucking horrible.

Great film, some of the greatest dialogue.
youtube.com/watch?v=YA47TzEeA_4

Thewlis performance is real fucking good

>Trainspotting
>London

I grew up in Birmingham but I can still tell you that England in the 90's was absolute fucking kino.

looks like that around highbury & islington, also lots of places on the piccadilly line, muswell hill, start at zone 2 north london and go out.

If I didn't know better, looking just at that pic, I would swear that was from the 80s, particularly from the car.

Sauce: Grow up in Sarf Lahndahn.

Like A Clockwork Orange, Trainspotting is set in a dystopian, speculative version of London with it's own strange accent and slang.

>Grow up in Sarf Lahndahn.
t. grew up in surrey

That looks like any part of London, north or south, from Zone 2 outwards.

Didn't pay attention to the film ey?

It's probably a late 80s car desu.

ok that's actually pretty funny

No you don't.

Source: grew up in London in the 90s

Weirdly enough it reminds me of parts of Southwark although a lot of those houses were built around the same time I guess. It's a shame all the new buildings look like fucking shit these days.

I THINK YOU ARE A DUMBO. I've been to your mother's zone 2. GET WRECKED HOLMES BOY.

I don't know why but to me everything in the UK looks depressing as fuck.

Better go look ASAP, they'll all have minarets by January

Sorry, meant all of them (particularly that dope Cosworth).

I miss that style of architecture you used to see in 20th century england

youtube.com/watch?v=F8ELLUM48ok

It is depressing.

That's why we forged an empire.

ye i think i know where you mean:

google.co.uk/maps/@51.5066615,-0.1024358,3a,75y,52.69h,60.98t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWHg51bLvvNFV2Mo-Gc_jMw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

>dont look even a little bit upwards

Definitely has that Southwark or Lambeth feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQDiaAmRA-o

but the le epin 90s

t. born in 2001

>House prices actually reasonable, actually reasonable for a human being to live in zone
>Actually possible to get drugs into clubs and you don't have to go through fucking airport security to get in
>Skyline not ruined by a bunch of arab funded dildo eyesores
>City in general less full of rich Russians, Arabs and Chinks but actually a place for normal people
>Very little threat of terrorism

What's not to like?

youtube.com/watch?v=eCdRFMp8Xwo

youtu.be/Y5-yD6TNK94

Delete the internet.

Was the UK already an islamic police state in the 90s?

just how expensive was that to film

>work in the steel mill from 6 in the morning until 8 at night
>go inside your tiny house with no electricity or plumbing because it's heritage and you can't fuck up heritage houses
>your munter of a wife cooked you dinner
>its boiled eel and spam
>your favorite
>eat it with a lager because even the Thames has an alcohol content from all the pubs around
>fuck your wife for 20 seconds, new record
>she's pregnant again with your 11th kid
>wake up tomorrow and do it all again
Being a Brit must be suffering

Apparently they just filmed it on early Sunday mornings in the summer

>House prices actually reasonable, actually reasonable for a human being to live in zone
Still doable if you have a decent job. My friend earns half my salary and he just bought a house.

>Actually possible to get drugs into clubs and you don't have to go through fucking airport security to get in
Stop going to shit clubs then. Go to fuckin, canavan's or something, where they couldn't give less of a shit. Actually, went to a shitey commercial club in shoreditch quite recently, my cousin had drugs, the bouncer just said, look, you're gonna have to go and "put them somewhere". So we just went and did them outside the club. No problem. Where are you going?

>Skyline not ruined by a bunch of arab funded dildo eyesore
can't argue w/ this

>City in general less full of rich Russians, Arabs and Chinks but actually a place for normal people
can't argue with this

>Very little threat of terrorism
get over it

It is depressing as fuck. And Brits know nothing about loyalty either.

Still better than the US.

It's such a shame that London has lost all of it's British character. Gone are the bowler hats, cheeky cockneys and brown pubs.

Now it's just generic city #53, Starbucks and McDonaldsville.

>Gone are the bowler hats, cheeky cockneys and brown pubs
Bowler hats are out of fashion but the other two are fucking RIFE. Are you talking about London, Ontario?

>Being a Brit must be suffering

It isn't particularly relevant to OP's post anymore anyway. At least not regarding London.

True cockneys are all but extinct.

Now it's just mouthbreathing slobs and chavs.

cockneys died with the boleyn ground.

I don't know anyone who has a decent job, any more.

>chavs
way more chavs outside london than in it.

>mouthbreathing slobs
that somehow afford prime east london real estate? i fucking doubt it.

you should have said "muslims" because they moved into the traditional cockney haunts when the cockneys sold their houses for millions, but the cockneys just moved towards city. They have jobs. The reason you don't see the cockneys is because they have jobs. Go to any after-worky pub along the Thames at 5:30 and tell me it's not wall-to-wall with cockneys. Go to that pub immediately outside the north side of Blackfriar's station and tell me you don't see about 25 flat caps.

True cockneys all moved to Essex, there are still a few on the fringes in the far east like Havering and Dagenham

and yet you can somehow afford to go to the most secure, expensive clubs in london

???

>muh golden age
>kids these days
>it was better when I was 8-14, not because I was 8-14 but because it just happened to be objectively better, despite the fact that everyone says this about whatever period they happened to be 8-14 in
Get a fucking grip you nonces

My parents lived fairly central in the 90s and owned their flat. They sold it for £50k in 97 and these days flats in that area now go for like £600k. I don't think my dad has ever gotten over it.

IT'S SHITE BEING LONDONER

Edinburgh has more Londoners living in it than Scottish people tbqh

facebook, twitter, instagram and tumblr ruined the internet

It's one of the roads around Dalston, that's where it was mainly filmed.