"I would like to be a penguin." - Werner Herzog

"I would like to be a penguin." - Werner Herzog

He is right.

>not wanting to be a penguin

It's like you don't even want to be free

Gotta love him.

Why did he do it bros? ;__;

...keep hiring Klaus even know he knew

He had a right to "borrow" it as a filmmaker. I'm sure they've forgiven him, it's been 40 years and it was probably a cheap camera.

>And so, as I look at the life of Werner, I begin to wonder what legacy he will leave behind. Can a man's life be surmised in however many hours of film he leaves behind? What compels a man to create art? Can he? Or is art simply giving form to what was always there, some unspoken abstract that we can only do our best to report to others. I look at him now and I wonder, what was it all for? And why, ultimately, am I narrating about myself? What drives a man to do such a thing? And, in the end, why are you reading this in my voice?

I'm talking about the penguin, senpai

>You are still working today with major actors like Christian Bale, Michael Shannon and Nicolas Cage. Have they ever tried to reproduce one way or another, the relationship you had with Kinski?

No, it has nothing to do with it. Kinsi is unique, as each player is unique. It would be silly to try to see a link there. The only common feature is that they all know they will never be as good.

>BUT WHY

;__;

>I would waddle up to you, disdaining the fish you have thrown at my webbed feet. I would gaze up into your human eyes and allow the dark liquid pools of my own pour out all the unknowable mystery, empty triumph, and ultimate futility of this existence we scratch out upon the surface of the limitless void. In this moment, you will feel the vacuum that stretches out in an infinite canopy above us. And you will know despair. But the final mystery that shall ever elude you is why you are reading this in my voice.

Hey i watched grizzly man in class a week ago

He enjoys gangbang rape, necrophila and cropophilia as any regular german.

>Werner answered some of his favorite questions sent to him for his Masterclass.com thing
>he answered mine
:3

What was it?

it has my name on it and everything so I don't want to post it here. However, there's only a handful of questions so if you read the questions you'll definitely read mine

>ywn be roomies with Herzog and Kinski

>lying in docus is okay
Europeans everyone

>Klaus please let go of user he didn't mean to make fun of your short stature when he called you a Big Guy

>implying documentaries aren't by their very nature biased towards the views of the filmmakers behind them

1. By dint of declaration the so-called Cinema Verité is devoid of verité. It reaches a merely superficial truth, the truth of accountants.

3. Cinema Verité confounds fact and truth, and thus plows only stones. And yet, facts sometimes have a strange and bizarre power that makes their inherent truth seem unbelievable.

4. Fact creates norms, and truth illumination.

5. There are deeper strata of truth in cinema, and there is such a thing as poetic, ecstatic truth. It is mysterious and elusive, and can be reached only through fabrication and imagination and stylization.

6. Filmmakers of Cinema Verité resemble tourists who take pictures amid ancient ruins of facts.

>Klaus please put the gun down, look there's a butterfly!