Dodgers are the best regular season team in the 2010s

baseball-reference.com/play-index/head2head.cgi

Since 2010, here are the top 5 teams by record

Dodgers: 683-545
Cardinals: 682-546
Yankees: 675-551
Rangers: 665-563
Nationals: 664-562

What makes the Dodgers so much better than all the other teams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PEi7CsB7j3g
youtube.com/watch?v=8XbMhQPNI0E
youtube.com/watch?v=0ohCcpjC0_4
youtube.com/watch?v=CuWF6Lc4_Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The copious amount of rings that you've won in the 2010's

>What makes the Dodgers so much better than all the other teams?

0 WS in that span

>literally only one of these teams has won a World Series
Who gives a shit?

I just realized I've wasted so many years watching Kershaw Island choke in the playoffs

This year the Dodgers will win

Notice it says "regular season"

Postseason is a crapshoot. No one is going to remember who won the 2014 WS but everyone will remember how great Kershaw was

This basically proves the regular season means nothing.

It proves how well run the Dodgers are

So well run that they have 0 WS in that time frame?

Ok? It shows consistency

Would rather make the postseason and have a chance to win it all than not have a chance at all

They are a team that's built for the regular season

>Rotation is Kershaw and a bunch of nobodies
>Lineup is meme hitters who feast on terrible NL west teams

>out of all those teams only the cardinals have won the world series in the 2010's, and only once

bunch of chokers

Wood and McCarthy don't have playoff experience and could do really well

And the 2014 Giants won with a rotation of Bumgarner and a bunch of nobodies, with a lineup of memes

The difference being the ace was good in the playoffs

Literally everyone was a nobody on the 15 royals.

Cueto was a known choke artist, Ventura was a 5 inning pitcher with 3 or more ER, >Edison

The team won because of bats and bullpen

The giants won in 14 with a pitching rotation of aging nobodies and bum.
They won with a fantastic choke job by the royals and sudden good post season starting pitching

The team has matured. No one is stopping them this year. No one.

0 R I N G S
R
I
N
G
S

And of the teams only 2 have been to world series in the 10's, and the Rangers lost it TWICE

Kershaw has been good in the playoffs except 2 starts against the Cardinals

The rest were QS or near QS

spending half a billion more $ in that time than those teams

and still NOOO RIINNNGGSSSSS

pretty sure the Cubs shelled him in his second start against them last year

Until this year

Tell me, who's the team of the 2010s? The Cubs? The Red Sox? The GIANTS? AHAHAHAHAHA

>they're so mad right now

>The Giants

Yeah, I'd go with the team that you know, actually won 3 championships rather than the team that has been trying to buy one for 20 years and still has none in that time

t. Giants false flagger

Most Dodger fans aren't this arrogant. Enjoy your 5th place team!

considering the Gnats won more titles in the 2010's than the Doyers have in the last 50 years yeah that's a pretty easy choice

>playing worse than the Padres

>What makes the Dodgers so much better than all the other teams?

Better at not winning rings maybe

Haven't been on Sup Forums in a while.. Can anyone give me a crash course on how mad everyone is at how good the Dodgers are?

Dodgers: 1st place, historic team
Giants: 5th place, worst team in MLB, historically bad

TOP KEK

>the 2010's is one season
pls Carlos

Posting previous championships mad.

yet the giants are so bad, they might as well have never existed at all

You're right, we should celebrate the team that's been shit in the same division except WITHOUT winning a title (or 3)

>being worse than the Padres

Oh shit, that's really mad... When and how did Sup Forums learn to hate great baseball?

The Dodgers literally shouldn't exist. Hard to be that irrelevant as they've been when you have a half a billion dollar payroll senpai

Sad how even the NATIONALS are more relevant than the Giants are.

Being worse than the Padres is an accomplishment though

>Unironically not having a ring since the Vietnam war

Who's going to stop the Dodgers from winning it all this year?

Did you know that no NL team has gone 31-4 in 60 years?

The Dodgers regular seasons have been WAY more memorable than any of the Giants postseason runs

What does anyone remember about 2010? Or 2012? or 2014?

>Being worse than the Padres is an accomplishment though

Maybe in Doyerland it is, since that was your history for most of the past few decades and I wouldn't know what franchises that can't win rings in half a century celebrate.

>literally the worst team in baseball

>playoff Kershit
>rotation that's a bunch of bums
>overrated hitters that disappear when it actually matters

Gee i don't know, probably the same things that have stopped them the last 60 years.

See, Giants fans are so obssessed they turned a Dodger thread into a thread about them.

Stay mad though; we've won more regular season games since 2010 than ANY OTHER TEAM. We're literally the team of the decade

>Hard to be that irrelevant
>cant stop posting about them

lol yea Carl Crawford's really doing a world of good for us right now, isn't he? Other teams should be thanking us for retaining so much dead money for them.

Everyone knows that it's the smart money that's winning games for us right now.

>being worse than the Padres

>30 is half of 100
imagine being this retarded

also

>I wouldn't know what franchises that can't win rings in half a century celebrate
confirmed not a giants fan until they won a world series

Why do Giants and Warrior fans act like fairweather fucks?

Leave the winning to franchises that know how like the Dodgers and Lakers

dude, what are you smoking. give me some

Giants won 643 games this decade
Dodgers have won 683 games decade

Wins in the regular season don't matter.

here's proof why.

Lets take the top 5 winners in baseball, best regular season records, the top 1/6th of the /mlb/ since the 10's began.

Since 2010, here are the top 5 teams by record

>Dodgers: 683-545
>Cardinals: 682-546
>Yankees: 675-551
>Rangers: 665-563
>Nationals: 664-562

Alright. So, you guys can already make sense of where this is going. The top team of regular season wins chokes in the NL playoff series yearly since 2010. Moving down the list, the only person on this list to make the world series and win it since 2010 began. An actual accomplishment I'll give the Cardinals props for. Moving down the list, we arrive at the New York Yankees, who have been irrelevant since 2009.

The next contender is interesting, because while they made the world series twice in this timeframe, they managed to choke both of them away, one of them being (1) strike away from winning the world series twice.

Finally, we move on down to the Nationals. Who like the number 1 on this list, have not made a world series since the 10's began, to even choke away.

So, where does that leave us? 4 total world series appearances from the top 5 winning Teams since the 10's began, 3 total WS losses, and 1 total world series win.

Now lets look at the total times they made post season since 2010.
>Cardinals: 5
>Dodgers: 4
>Yankees: 4
>Rangers: 5
>Nationals: 3

4 World series, 21 tries, 1 world series win.
Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Regular season wins really just mean nothing and don't matter.

"only the postseason matters" is a bandwagon mentality. what are you guys even doing here?

Also, for as much as the Dodgers shittalk Giants fans.

The Giants and Dodgers are tied for post season appearances since 2010 started, at 4. With the Giants having more success going the distance and winning the WS 3 out of the 4 times.

Now we can already count in 2017 as being Dodgers making post and the Giants not, so in reality it'll be dodgers 5 appearances and Giants 4.

But even if the Dodgers win the WS this year, 1-4 is a lot uglier than 3-1.

>consistency
consistently dodging pennants

So...not making the postseason is better than making the postseason, got it!

Tell me why regular season games matter to clubs, fans and TV broadcasters.

Having a winning regular season means a team has a chance at post season, so more fans care about the team during the year, proceeds to watch more games, as their team has a chance to end the season by going to the fall classic. Which statistically, is what most fans care about, the sport is about the fans that enjoy it, as thats what generates revenue for the players, the team, and the owners. More fans and people in general watch the post season, per game, follow the post season more closely, and when a team has a chance at the post season, its the reason why people end up following teams more closely during the regular season.

You can call these people bandwagoners, but they make up a majority of any healthy teams fans, and they're something you'd hope your team will have as it A. generates more revenue for your team. B. makes your team look more alive. C. makes your team more lucrative to television contracts, and other sources of income.

Now, making post season is the important part, which these teams can claim to have done a lot of, but winning the WS to most players, is the height of their career, most players their biggest goal is to win a championship, most fans their dreams are to watch their team finally hoist those flags and the trophy, and wear their rings.

So you can say "Only post season matters" is a bandwagon mentality, but post season is the most important part of the sport, and due to the reasons above, make the post season far more important than the regular season, and makes winning the championship the most important aspect of the sport.

I mean, speaking in general, 3 World Series wins, and 1 post season loss, compared to 4 post season losses and 1 world series win is better in the eyes of everyone that makes the sport important to the team. Fans, Players, and Owners combined.

imagine all these regular season wins and not having a single NL pennant since 1989

>Tell me why regular season games matter to clubs, fans and TV broadcasters.
Well, you see, clubs make money from ticket/concession sales during the regular season to fund their operations and payroll.

Fans who like baseball and their teams enjoy watching games between April and August as well as in October.

TV broadcasters rely on lucrative media contracts to make their salaries. Believe it or not, these contracts include broadcasting games that are played in the regular season. People ACTUALLY like watching these games, isn't that crazy?

Yeah and the M's are the GOAT... give me a break negro

But the only reason they matter so damn much is the draw of a successful team, and people care about their teams success entirely because of post season chances and a championship

Why do Giants fairweather fags act like Warrior fairweather fags?

And since 2010, the Dodgers have won more regular games than any other team.

>Doyers still gonna choke it up in october

>inb4 doyers fans arguing for a premiership like league table

>c-c-championships d-don't matter

As a Dodger fan, I've found that the post season brings nothing but disappointment, so I actually really enjoy the regular season.

Hell, even when the Dodgers sucked, I enjoyed watching their games.

In a general sense, you're right.. but you're also on a dedicated sports discussion board so making the "average fan" argument doesn't hold much water here. We like sports and our teams whether they're successful or not, so you're talking to a bunch of people who apparently place a lot of importance on regular season games.

This is why I will never root for the Dodgers. Their fans are so fucking gay. They brag about regular season wins. And they can't even bother to vote in the all star game. Even your players fall you out for being shit fans

and not one single NL pennant

Until this year

There's no evidence that the Dodgers won't win it all this year unless something fluky happens

>doyers

lol the all-star game is the gayest shit on earth.. you actually watch that shit? AND you waste your time trying to homer your team's players into it? what a fucking loser. i'm glad you'll never be a dodger fan.

desu my team won in 2015, I tend to make big posts because I just like looking up statistics, and bullshitting about sports.

Since my team is a little guy, I've got the small guy syndrome, and thats why I shit on the Dodgers occasionally. You guys still swept us, and in legitimate honestly I'll be shocked if the Dodgers don't make the world series this year, because if there was ever "This is the team" moment, which is what I felt in 2015, for the Dodgers, it has to be this 2017 team.

I'm also rooting for the Brewers to make post season and beat you, david vs goliath standpoint, highest payroll vs lowest payroll, but from a neutral standpoint taking out my shitposting (Royals fan gotta shitpost) and take out my love for meme statistics, and shit like that.

If the dodgers have a "This is the year" with their team, it's 2017. I said it all year in 2015 about the Royals, talked to every sports fan that entered the sub shop I worked at during 2015 about how I knew these guys were going to win and get revenge for 2014, they just had it in them. And it happened.

So enjoy the "This is the year" feeling, I know all of you have it, and I feel it too, I also feel if the Dodgers make it past the NL in playoffs to the WS they'll win it all.

As soon as I start getting the "this is our year" mentality, I set myself up for disappointment. Face it, the playoffs are a crap-shoot, so I'm content knowing our odds are ever so slightly better, but I'm not getting my hopes up

Congrats though... I really enjoyed watching that 2015 run. I hope we get that feeling this year, and if not, before I die.

Except the Dodgers have good pitching unlike the 2001 Mariners.

Our pitching and BP can't be beat. And the last team that won 100+ games won it all (last years Cubs)

This actually might be the start of a dynasty

lol I can't take fans of a 5th place team seriously

But don't tell Giants fans that

They'll only talk about "muh fluke rings!"

> Not noticing your players hard work and wanting to provide them with the recognition of getting them voted to all star games.

Can't wait for when some doyer players who are up for hof voting and don't get in because they don't have enough all star appearances

Kershaw: doesn't get BTFO by a mountainbike
Bumgarner: gets BTFO by a mountainbike

Some GOAT

BTFO like the Cubs BTFO the Giants in the 9th inning?

How are the Rangers that good?

Dodgers have 5 rings though

Even if you're the team of the century, you're going to have a 30% of winning the world series in the current playoff structure.

684-545*
Cardinals are now 682-547

BTFO

The Dodgers have not made a World Series since 1988. Since then the following teams have made it

>New York Yankees - 7
>Atlanta Braves - 5
>San Francisco Giants - 5
>St. Louis Cardinals - 4
>Boston Red Sox - 3
>Cleveland Indians - 3
>Philadelphia Phillies - 3
>Detroit Tigers - 2
>Kansas City Royals - 2
>Miami Marlins - 2
>New York Mets - 2
>Oakland A's - 2
>Texas Rangers - 2
>Toronto Blue Jays - 2
>Arizona Diamondbacks - 1
>Cincinnati Reds - 1
>Chicago Cubs - 1
>Chicago White Sox - 1
>Colorado Rockies - 1
>Houston Astros - 1
>Los Angeles Angels - 1
>Minnesota Twins - 1
>San Diego Padres - 1
>Tampa Bay Rays - 1

>doyers

And what does that have to do with the overwhelmingly best record in the 2010s the Dodgers have?

That a team spends a lot of money doesn't mean shit when 4/5 of the majors have made it further than the doyers over the past three decades.

everyone trying to bring the ring argument to baseball when it never has been

And that means the Dodgers aren't the best regular season team of the decade

>Our pitching and BP can't be beat.

youtube.com/watch?v=PEi7CsB7j3g

youtube.com/watch?v=8XbMhQPNI0E

youtube.com/watch?v=0ohCcpjC0_4

youtube.com/watch?v=CuWF6Lc4_Xo

>last year

Yeah nice job umpballing us

>Umpball
>Having anything to do with giving up HR's

>Dodgers
>Rangers
>Nationals

The regular season's clearly pretty important

People just want to hate on the best team of the decade

Really goes to show how pointless regular season accomplishments are

Why are they called the Dodgers?

They dodge any criticism that doesn't fit their delusions

I'd rather be a fan of a consistently top 5 team than a team that occasionally gets lucky.

>I would rather have a chance to win it all instead of actually winning it all

Got my noggin joggin