ITT: Turntable Recs

I need a recommendation for a good, reasonably-priced turntable.

Post your own and your experience with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/
atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/pioneer-pl-55dx-turntable/6434917370.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a built in speaker model rn but im going to a used equipmrnt store later today. If they got nothing i migjt get thr u turn op posted

Not sure what a reasonable price is to you, lp120 is always there for cheap, I think if you're serious about it is absolutely worth it for a rega rp1, think it goes for around 500

Ayyyy, just got that for Christmas (Orbit Plus) . Ended up just buying the Pluto Phono Preamp as well, was considering the Schiit Mani but figured I'd save a couple of dollars.

Sound has been superb so far.

I bought mine new for $200. You're probably thinking Rega Project 1(?), and that's about $350

Post your budget & local craigslist

I don't really want to exceed $250 if possible.

In ATL: atlanta.craigslist.org/

get a vintage one, buying a new turntable is dumb

>atlanta.craigslist.org/
atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/pioneer-pl-55dx-turntable/6434917370.html

Thanks for sorting that out.

technics SL-7

Get a Crossley.

Hip Tumblr grils buy them from Urban Outfitters all the time so they must be good.

bump

Something cheap and reliable?
Audio Technica AT-LP60. Great for beginners. I've never had an issue with mine, the only problem is that the speed may need to be slightly calibrated at first.

What's the rationale for all the memes shitting on Audio Technica turntables?

there's not one - they're actually pretty fucking good. I'd go for the LP120

a good turntable is a td -124 or td 125 or 301. can also find different era broadcast decks. all great. i used to sell them off to japan for 10 times the price. now don't care about

anyone with experience want to convince me to buy at-lp3

This. I have one and it's been fantastic. I'm looking to upgrade eventually, but it has been great for the price.

Hipsters don't like it when good things become popular I suppose.

I think it's mostly to do with the LP60. I had one for a while and it was pretty OK, had some speed issues and you can't really upgrade it. The new LP3 is a much better budget table.

Raleigh

they're fine just don't get the LP60
kill yourself

LP60 speed is inconsistent and doesn't have a counterweight. LP120 is a lame Technics ripoff with a shitty built in pre-amp.