Just finished Twin Peaks. It's a shame that it got cut right when it did because that was a huge cliffhanger...

Just finished Twin Peaks. It's a shame that it got cut right when it did because that was a huge cliffhanger. Is Fire Walk With Me any good? I feel like I've heard mixed reviews from people, but if it adds anything to the series I might be willing to give it a shot

it's not the best movie, even Lynch fans are a bit divided on it, but it does add a lot to the world of Twin Peaks, especially if you also watch the 90 minutes of deleted scenes released a couple years back

btw, and not to hijack your thread OP:

what does everybody think Evil Coop has been doing out in the real world for the last 25 years, and will the new series go in-depth about it (it'd have to, no?)

Np, any TP discussion is alright. Yeah I'd assume they would have to cover what has happened to Evil Coop and what original Coop has been up to for the past two decades. It can't be coincidental either that Laura Palmer says to Agent Cooper "see you in 25 years" at the Black Lodge, and it will have been 25 years since the last when the third season comes out, don't you think? Maybe this has already been discussed a lot but I was kinda late on the Twin Peaks train

b

Read The Secret History of Twin Peaks, it's written by Mark Frost and it really gives some background to the town of Twin Peaks and its characters
Also if you wanna watch FWMM, watch the Q2 fanedit since it adds in the deleted scenes

I second this. Its great but damn is it long. Almost 3 and a half hours long

Fire Walk With Me is divisive because it's a huge departure from the tone and style of the tv show, and tells a story we already know. It has none of the classic Twin Peaks humour after the first 15 minutes or so.

What's that image supposed to convey?

What do you mean by this?

I mean what the fuck does the image mean?

Was awhile ago I saw a TP thread. bump.

A while ago? There are Twin Peak threads every day, and they're either monotomous waifu threads or
>image of a robin
>.

It's amazing how terrible Twin Peaks threads are.

Look up Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary

What this guy said.

When the movie was first released it didn't do very well with critics or fans because it was just too different from the show. The overall atmosphere and mood of the movie was just dark and gritty. But I feel that alot of the fans today have started to appreciate the movie for what it was even though it is still polarized to this day. I personally thought that the movie was good but absolutely not as a stand alone.

My bad, I pretty much don't visit Sup Forums as much as other boards so that is probably why. But it feels like all the other times I have been here there has been a lack of TP threads.

I personally love FWWM, it's one of my favorite movies and my favorite from Lynch. The general consensus on it is much more positive than, say, a decade ago, but it's probably still disliked by a sizeable portion of the fan-base.
I implore you to not watch the fan-edit, contrary to what and suggest, as I personally hated it, mainly due to poor handling of a crucial scene that differs between the film and the Missing Pieces(deleted/extended scenes assembled into a feature film, should be watched after FWWM). I suggest you just watch Fire Walk With Me the way it's intended, then The Missing Pieces. You can give the fan-edit a try later if you feel like it, when you're familiar with the original.

>absolutely not as a stand alone.
I've actually heard of some people watching it as a stand-alone film, without any knowledge of TP, and loving it.

>Is Fire Walk With Me any good? I feel like I've heard mixed reviews from people,

Well, it deserves those kinda reviews because it's a mixed bag. It painfully lacks the subtleties of the best moments of the series, but it also has a lot or redeeming qualities. I used to almost hate it, but after many re-watches I call myself a fan of it these days.

>if it adds anything to the series I might be willing to give it a shot

It does. We also, because of spoilers from people in the know, know with 100% certainty that plot details and characters from FWWM are about to make an appearance in season 3, so it should be watched for that reason alone.

>I suggest you just watch Fire Walk With Me the way it's intended, then The Missing Pieces. You can give the fan-edit a try later if you feel like it, when you're familiar with the original.

/thread

>Read The Secret History of Twin Peaks
My copy arrived yesterday after a 3 month wait, and man, it looks fucking gorgeous.
Also, I'd never imagined it'd be so broad.

Jesus where do you live? Greenland?

Nah, Spain. The book went out of stock after I pre-ordered it in Amazon.

I've decided to only watch the original FWWM because I value the intended pacing. However the original only has a small scene with Bowie and doesn't explain him at all.

Also why was the reason for changing the actress for Donna? Was the initial one too aged to look believably teenaged or did she not want to do the movie?

is this photoshopped?

yes, the original background was green

that fucking face never ceases to make me laugh

I think Fire Walk With Me is brilliant, and i watched it directly after seeing Twin Peaks for the first time.

>Also why was the reason for changing the actress for Donna?
Boyle didn't want to reprise the role.

Ah ok. The new one is cuter tbf + her titties

He looks like he's holding in an impressively sized log.

>However the original only has a small scene with Bowie and doesn't explain him at all.
Have you seen the Missing Pieces yet? It has an extended version of the scene that explains quite a bit more.. and raises additional questions, which I also love. Some other great scenes in there as well.