I guess that means you autistic neckbeards who were crying about paid Disney reviews were wrong, huh?

I guess that means you autistic neckbeards who were crying about paid Disney reviews were wrong, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-movie-review-w454808
theverge.com/2016/12/13/13926062/star-wars-rogue-one-review
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/rogue-one-reviews-are-in-your-childhood-remains-intact
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUST

it means Disney couldn't pay them enough to cover up how fucking shit the movie is

bingo

What went wrong?

If it stays below 80 I'll freely admit I was wrong, but I'm still expecting the 80-90% score there.

no Lucas

marxism shoveled down our throat

How much are they paying you?

I'm going to try this weird thing I found on 4chanX yesterday here since this thread is shit. Seeing if I can attach a file by simply pasting it instead of having to save and then attach it.

>goalpost moving

Manchildren who bashed wb of fucking up movies in editing will stop now kek

not really

them giving bad reviews doesn't prove they weren't paid retard

Does anyone have the link to Flick Philosopher's review? I hold them in very high regard.

Hey newfag, there's always a bunch of RT screencaps on Sup Forums once an embargo lifts for a huge film.

Except 80% is still good. They can't pay off every critic.

Actually it does. Disney has more money than god yet you're trying to keep your conspiracy by saying people are willingly going to state their real thoughts and not get any more "review perks" like you said they would.

Go check the reviews, how many 10/10 or 9/10 ones are there? from nothing websites

Paid reviews are real but if your movie is a shitshow, nothing can save it. Paid reviews are mostly about pushing the average up, if you still get a lot of low scores from legit people you're fucked.

Gareth Edwards is a hack. Godzilla made that clear

>7.5/10 is considered bad now

But they could apparently for Marvel films right? Or the last Star Wars.

Go fuck yourself.

Except Marvel films usually get like 80% too. Only the biggest films get more, because Disney spends more money on those, like TFA or Civil war

RT scores have trended upwards over the years AFAIK, it's about average now. This is a simple snapshot of some of the movies currently showing.

>As such, the movie is caught between the artistic impulses of its director, Gareth Edwards, and its corporate masters. Sometimes, it’s a beautifully constructed antidote to years and years of fake, digitized movie destruction, with precisely crafted frames and genuinely groundbreaking cinematography. At other times, it’s a bumpily edited mess that was too-obviously assembled in post-production from a variety of possible outcomes.

>To be clear, I don’t think Edwards needs to have his characters take center stage and say, “Fascism is bad. Also, the tank represented occupying forces!” We can draw these parallels for ourselves. But for political nods to work, they must be driven by some larger idea, and Rogue One is too all over the place, without any larger idea to speak of.

>It also never does anything with an early story thread about the Rebels having an offshoot splinter group — led by a character played by the instantly compelling Forest Whitaker — which believes in taking brutal retaliatory measures, instead of attempting to pacify the Empire, as the Rebels apparently do. (Indeed, it’s not clear if the events of Rogue One kick off the war from Star Wars or just sort of take place during a lull in hostilities.) There’s something in here about whether capitulating to an enemy in the name of a greater good is still evil, but Rogue One doesn’t know what to do with it.

>The movie has severe story problems — in that the first and second acts are filled with stop-and-start momentum that keeps stumbling just when it’s getting going — as well as one of the better big action climaxes you’ll see in a theater this year. By the time Jyn and her crew are trying to steal the Death Star plans, everything Rogue One is trying to do comes together in a mostly satisfying way.

Damn I actually feel bad for Gareth who obviously wanted this movie to work really well but whatever happened during production affected it and its flow.

Hey spam faggot, I've been here since 1964 and most of us oldfags know to check the god damn catalog before posting a fucking thread.

Yep. This is what happens when critics are afraid to give bad ratings.

It's eerily reminiscent of the rating agencies in The Big Short, if you guys have seen/read that. Why would you hire someone who disagrees with movies that make big money?

I was hoping it would be really good. I love Donnie Yen. Oh well, I guess Star Wars is Marvel tier now. It's over. Press F to pay respects.

Gareth just needs likeable characters. The only character that I liked in Godzilla was Cranston.

I hope his Star Wars is decent

Well this movie got worse reviews than TFA, so that means it's probably better than TFA, at least.

Only about three of those movies made big money, retard. A fucking Mel Gibson film got good reviews.

racist

If all that Disney money only got a 79% then this movie must be total SHIT.

just wait

No, this only proves it.
We were on to them, so they are shitting on this movie as a way to difuse the fire.
Just watch how Wonder Woman is going to get 10/10 all over the place.
Thats going to ensure they seem like inpartial, and then they are going to be back to give all mediocre shitty Disney/Marvel movies the embarrasing amount of critical praise they always give them.

Sounds like it is suffering from Suicide Squad syndrome as this reviewer says
Movie doesnt flow too good and the reviewer critised the director's directing of characters.

>Edwards is not a terribly great filmmaker when it comes to telling stories about human beings. His first feature, the microbudgeted indie film Monsters, was essentially a small-scale road-trip romance that just happened to have a giant monster movie taking place in the background, and he’s tried to apply that approach to both of his big studio productions; here are some real human moments happening in front of the chaos.

But then we knew this due to his Godzilla suffering. Perhaps he needs more help when directing the actors

Sure, idiot.

>I'm going to try this weird thing I found on 4chanX yesterday here since this thread is shit. Seeing if I can attach a file by simply pasting it instead of having to save and then attach it.

Install ShareX and paste the link into the link box, fellow newfriend

The editor came on to ghost direct the movie too.

directors cut when?

i know disney marvel'd up this movie

It sounds like it isnt a well edited movie.

I bet the studio changed Edwards' original cut with the research just like what happened with Ayer's Suicide Squad.

Sure brah literally all Disney/Marvel movies before Rogue One totally deserve the scores they got...absolutely, theres nothing else going on here...

Its getting good reviews.

I know they did.

Gareth promised us that there would be no force users when he first announced this YET in the trailers we get the blind monk gifted with the force and everyone of them is talking about the force.

THAT is not how rebels in a warzone should be!

I'm agreeing with you. 'big money' is relative to a magazine. It's all big money to them.

No it is getting mixed reviews.

Those who are praising it after obviously doing an AngryJoe when he reviewed Suicide Squad

>Oh its so colorful and enjoyable but imma ignore all the problems

They're criticizing it because it doesn't clearly attack Donald Trump, only suggestively does so.

Vox is the worst "journalism" possible

So when you show your sons Star Wars will you skip over these spin-offs or what?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would I show my son SW? I would make him go outside and play

>that name
poo

You could tell from the trailers. You have this British chipmunk giving generic speeches while the soldiers listening look half asleep.

The movie obviously suffers from a lot of problems as the reviews are stating (trying to be as nice as possible because this is a Disney movie)

I think you misspelled Rolling Stone
rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/peter-travers-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-movie-review-w454808

was admiral ackbar the only rebel character to mention the force, besides leia?

This is them trying to undermine and devalue the OT. They can't touch Episode IV so they'll preempt that by making it look retarded by making the lead-up to it suck.

Because every father shows their son great films from the past. Mine showed us star wars, predator, evil dead, etc. Are you stupid? You don't have to kick a football around every day until your mother calls you in for bedtime.

No R2D2. 2/10

for a board hyper aware of undercover shills you guys give a lot of attention to professional shilling

>79%

J U S T

Is the movie actually worse than TFA or the reviewers weren't paid this time?

>artistic impulses of its director
more like autistic impulses

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA STAR WARS BTFO !!!!!HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

That explains why you browse Sup Forums, doesn't it?

Judging by what is said here
It sounds like Edward's cut had way more rebel and empire moments but disney cut a lot out so it doesnt flow well.

I could be wrong but Edwards is a guy who likes talk in his movies and I can bet that disney demanded a lot be cut out so we can get to the action quicker!

Btw someone who saw it on twitter said the first 80 minutes are slow (i.e. this will be similar to Godzilla).

To me I didnt like Edwards' Godzilla because the humans were so boring but this is FUCKING STAR WARS and I love politics in star wars.

Yes rewatching Attack of the clones I enjoyed all the chatter (skipping past the Anakin and Padme romance dripple).

>
It tries so hard to be an epic masterpiece - with self-important speeches and an insanely outsize orchestral score - that it ends up a laughable parody of itself.

yeah this. and to answer your question, I'll be showing my children 1-6. Everything beyond is forbidden (e.g. Jurassic World 3, Poltergeist 2, Crystal Skull, etc).

wow.

No. Movies aren't Why I'm autistic. I did sports all through middle and highschool anyways. Why are you acting like this?

>Yes rewatching Attack of the clones I enjoyed all the chatter
Me too.
This movie is starting to sound like something I want to see.

No way can any Star Wars movie be worse than TFA but Rogue One sure sounds like it isnt that great but meh may be an ok action movie

Same but judging by the reviews, Rogue One has horrible editing.

We can hope Disney will allow a director's cut but I doubt it

Looks Iranian to me

Acting like what? I just said I'd rather my son go outside then stay inside and watch nerd movies and you got all defensive

putting politics before craft

>daddy wasn't home

maybe they'll get a director's cut that fixes it. I didn't like Godzilla or Monsters that much, though.

Ok, Gavin McInnes

I doubt it too.
I wonder how furious Gareth is.

>by the end of the movie, many characters still feel thin and undefined, perhaps given a single attribute to highlight in a specific scene, but otherwise lacking enough personality to prevent them from fading into the background alongside the other meticulously designed and costumed characters.

>Rogue One, freed from the shackles of an episode number, doesn’t even try to evoke that same level of verisimilitude. And while it might be bumpy for some moviegoers, that actually seems to be the point. The film soars when it abandons all pretense of being a space opera, and fully embraces the bombastic modern action movie that’s at its core, giving it a unique identity that does indeed stand apart from other entries in the series. Given that, it’s hard to shake the feeling that Rogue One takes place in a Star Wars world, but isn’t necessarily a Star Wars movie.

>7.5
Not bad for average score TBHF . Most Disney marvel flicks get a 6/10 even though 90% fresh

No he was killed by the mafia

I don't know who that is

>Though it’s a shame the film doesn’t deliver the same crispness when it comes to computer-generated characters. Several prominent characters — ranging from humans to aliens — simply fail to deliver, falling deep into the uncanny valley and taking the audience’s ability to suspend disbelief with them.

Well shit this isnt good guys

theverge.com/2016/12/13/13926062/star-wars-rogue-one-review

lol confirmed for absolute shit and even the paid shills cant keep the rating up

Why can the meagre Planet of the Apes accomplish what Star Wars can not? I wonder.

>I wonder how furious Gareth is.
Oh he would be. Did you watch his interview where he said that we must try new things in star wars?

He literally was going up against JJ.

I know quips and Marvel tier is not Garerth at all and I know the studio demanded a lot of changes.

>Reminder: they fired the music composer who worked on Godzilla and instead Disney hired the guy who composed the music for Doctor Strange and is now doing Spiderman Homecoming
Figures

100% for Disney is 60% for anyone else, so I guess this movie must be a 40%

Maybe if the film is bad enough we can get a cult started around it like BvS got. Like everyone will say Rogue One a shit for a month then all the stuff in the "slow start" that got people bored will actually be pretty interesting on multiple viewings and then it'll be regarded as the best Star Wars movie ever by Sup Forums.

is your son cute? is he clean?

>Sure brah literally all Disney/Marvel movies before Rogue One totally deserve the scores they got...
Yes.
Alice 2, The BFG, The Finest Hours, and Pete's Dragon were mediocre.

Zootopia, Moana, Dory, TFA, Jungle Book, Civil War, and Doctor Strange are great.

How do the scores not reflect this, you retard? Anything to keep m-muh conspiracy

But BvS was great from the get go.

That's racist.

>TFA, Civil War, and Doctor Strange are great.

Shill harder bitch

>give directing to some clown who did remake of some japanese puppet thrash
>he makes shitty movie
WOW

I doubt it. TFA desperately needed a longer directors cut to flesh stuff out but JJ refuses to make one. Who knows how the movie would have been like if they didn't cut so many scenes.

>When Rogue One screenwriter Chris Weitz tweeted a veiled comparison between the Empire and Donald Trump last month, the controversy inspired some conservative Star Wars fans to say they would boycott the film. Yet when The Hollywood Reporter’s Mia Galuppo caught Disney C.E.O. Bob Iger on the red carpet at the premiere over the weekend, he tamped that story down. “It is not a film that is, in any way, a political film,” said Iger, who has taken a role on Trump’s new strategic and policy forum. “There are no political statements in it, at all.”

JUST
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/12/rogue-one-reviews-are-in-your-childhood-remains-intact

TFA was rotten from concept up.
As is the entire post-ROTJ Disney era.

>TFA desperately needed a longer directors cut to flesh stuff out
Are you me? That is what Ive been saying the entire time