So will these two fuckers drop a new album this year or not? I can't wait much longer

So will these two fuckers drop a new album this year or not? I can't wait much longer

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Ambient&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=PecO6O8qsSU
youtube.com/watch?v=pKZxR6PpZJo
youtu.be/b0sNLKMJAoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bkXxQL-nyQw
youtu.be/fb3WA6NrZkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aren't they cataloging everything they've made for their kids instead of for release?

I think they are doing both. We know of several releases they only gave to f&f. What I wouldn't do for those.

listen to more ambient

They're good but they're not that good
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Ambient&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

>Tripfag trying to showcase his superior taste
Fuck off

There really isn't a band that's like Boards of Canada. Sure you can list off all the IDM and ambient artists you know, but none of them have the same ideology and intentions with their music that Boards of Canada did.

>rym

Most idm is the equivalent of the worst aspects of prog. Like supposedly "arty" but actually oblivious to ANYTHING that art deals in and thinks great art is just about intricate complexity.

*English prog

lol

I've listened to plenty of ambient. In the end they are still my favourites.

that's what makes idm and abstract electronic music more interesting than your average edm track

I really disagree. I mean first of all 'edm vs idm' is a false dichotomy, but as far as most non-idm that's not that new 'edm' shit, I'll take nearly any of it over idm.

Jungle and gabber alone were 10,000 x more artistically relevant in their approaches than idm ever was.

wait another 8 years user. Then we'll see.

Aphex Twin's just as bad. He realizes how autistic his fanbase is so he'll release some shitty tinnitus-inducing demo that he spent a good 2 minutes on and they eat it up like its the next best thing

if you're going to bring up those shit genres, then I'll respond in kind and say that breakcore/glitch and speedcore/flashcore are far more artistically relevant and infinitely more interesting

To be honest i doubt they'll ever return to their early greatness
Everything from 2005 and after isn't nearly as good

desu it's been ages since I've listened to their own original tracks, their remixes are top tier tho

youtube.com/watch?v=PecO6O8qsSU

youtube.com/watch?v=pKZxR6PpZJo

youtu.be/b0sNLKMJAoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=bkXxQL-nyQw

youtu.be/fb3WA6NrZkk

they should do more of them

IDM is such a shit name
It should be ELM
"intelligent" just brings all the dumb "prog" baggage to perfectly good music that's just not for dancing

I dunno but as time goes on TH is my favorite BOC album

>new albums
hopefully not, judging by Tomorrow's Harvest the fucks have finally lost their touch

still have hopes they release their old catalogue nevertheless

This.

Also when is my boy Jon Hopkins going to drop his next album? Halo already sounds amazing, so I can't imagine what the full album is like

Yeah, stupid name. I guess it's referring to what is definitely a more brain-centric than body centric approach to electronic music, but I still contend that the techniques used in more dance-centric stuff had even more brain-stretching stuff actually happening, it's just that that isn't foregrounded at the expense of the beat/groove's role.

You are very, VERY incorrect. Sorry for ya!

t. nigger

I just want them to release their unreleased albums already

this is literally babby's intro to ambient

rude desu

What's wrong with RYM? Tell me.

Two Dogs Dead as well

If I ever hear Wouldn't You Like to be Free in full oh man

Yes user, what is wrong with a website that almost exclusively Sup Forums uses to look like it knows a bunch about obscure genres while a majority of users will just stick to the highest rated releases and never leave the entry level for each genre, leading to most users to only ever listen to essentials and not explore the genres on their own.

What IS wrong with that?