Ben Mendelsohn to Play Sheriff of Nottingham in ‘Robin Hood: Origins’

>The movie stars Taron Egerton as the titular, iconic character; Jamie Foxx as Little John; and Eve Hewson as Maid Marian.

variety.com/2016/film/news/robin-hood-origins-ben-mendelsohn-sheriff-nottingham-1201931637/

>Jamie Foxx as Little John

>Robin Hood: Origins
Please someone kill me

>The sobriquet "Little" is a form of irony, as he is usually depicted as a gigantic, seven-foot-tall warrior of the British forests

>Ben Mendelsohn to Play Sheriff of Nottingham

>Oh shit, that role is perfect for him, what movie is it?

>Taron Egerton as Robin Hood
>Bono's daughter as Maid Marian

>Little John starts as a forest bandit and bike thief

Story checks out.

>>Bono's daughter as Maid Marian

Nice

His most kino role is Mississippi grind i recommend it just for his acting

>movie: word

Stop this

Impotent Rage: The Post

Yup, because any depiction of 12th century England wouldn't be complete without a good number of blacks wandering about.

me:me

And can we get some girls in here?

England was always multicultural during the middle ages you revisionist bigot.

Almost a third of the english crusaders were originally black.

Islam has been a predominant part of British culture since its founding.

Robin Hood suuuuucckkssss

just stop this nonsense already (((hollywood)))

fuggggggggg HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Dark Knight: Rises

>Another Robin Hood movie

i actually thought OP was joking, but it's real anons; they blackwashed Little John.

from a marketing standpoint i can't blame them. Robin Hood is one of those stories that will get remade for at least another 50 years and if you throw stars into the movie, it's guaranteed to get some attention/money. in America the black audience would never give a single shit about seeing the white-as-snow new Robin Hood movie but with Jamie in it they'd be more inclined to give it a chance.

lol nice face

>Robin Hood is one of those stories that will get remade for at least another 50 years and if you throw stars into the movie, it's guaranteed to get some attention/money
Wasn't the Russell Crowe Robin Hood a huge flop?

yes. likely wasnt a good idea to give it a $200mil. budget, not including marketing

>robin hood: origins

He'll never be as good as Alan Rickman. Why even bother? Why put yourself through that?

>He claims it's bait but it's the exact same thing the BBC and UK elite are claiming

Really gets your noggin joggin, huh?

>Movie: Origins
S T O P

This is the problem with UK based productions they add in every ethnic group possible into Medieval and ancient British set films to make the non white Britons ''feel at home'' all it's doing is sugar coating history and giving children non white children false narrative.

Red Meat Causes : Cancer

Yeah, but it wasn't a traditional depiction of Robin Hood. It dealt with historical shit and how Robin de Loxley would have fit in it.

>"Ay yo the names Lil' John but uhhh maybe y'all whiteys betta call me Big Johnson"
>Maid Marion bites her lip and starts to get wet
>All the useless white men awkwardly cover their tiny white dicks

so he's the only black person in medieval England?

the fuck

not even the first time robin hood got a hood brotha

At least that one sort of made sense, he met him in the middle east and returned with him from a crusade.

Random black guy named John in medieval England is a bit of a stretch, particularly seeing as it's a pre-existing white character.

>robbin' in tha hood

For a second I thought that was a still of the RZA in peasant garb, and then I was disappointed when I clicked the picture

>when bongistan gets assblasted that they're becoming a i-slam shit hole.

Didn't they just fucking this? And it's a prequel? Again? Fuuuuuck.

They could at least hire an English black man that can actually act.

>fucking up this bad

Give me Danny John Jules in Maid Marian any day

Movie
Movie 2: Word
MOVI3

But why a spoon? Why not a knife?

I've been a fan of this nigga since Animal Kingdom, it's good to see that he's getting bigger and better roles nowadays.

By falling for the Ben Mendelsohn meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Slow West/Mississippi Grind are Hollywood shill jobs made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit/starshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in Hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

It is all fraud, a manipulation. Ben Mendelsohn is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new McDonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Mikkelsen, Fassbender, Hardy, Pratt, Isaac. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darlings you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the starshit machine.

Ben Mendelsohn is lying to you with his very existence.