Takes the GOAT song about youthful self-loathing and depression

>takes the GOAT song about youthful self-loathing and depression
>makes it about Le I'm Old
is Cash's "Hurt" the worst cover of all time??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9AWUCpRr0
youtu.be/ltS9CfIgnjU
youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9ZDaIrkU
youtube.com/watch?v=PjKw6xJ9WIg
youtube.com/watch?v=2HhSS1hUUjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pleb filter

No, there are far, FAR worse covers that are far more disrespectful to the song it's covering (e.g. Disturbed's cover of Sounds of Silence). I personally don't mind it. It's not better than the original by any stretch, but I still like it. What I actually hate is how overrated it is.

yeah I was sort of exaggerating

The worst cover is the entire ocms blonde on blonde album

/thread

>youthful
>Reznor was 29 when TDS was released

>Caring about NIN at all
He took a shitty song by a shitty artist and made it slightly less shitty.

29 is still young, dummy

>Take song
>Make it overtly melodramatic

Not as bad as that Disturbed cover, but it's up there.

Johnny Cash covered Disturbed?

About the same level as the Gary Jules cover of that Tears for Fears song

What are you 12?

If only

i wuz jokiiin

I know but it would be funny

thats the point of a joke

God, I hate that cover almost as much as I hate people who think it's the original.

Any time Oasis covered a Beatles song.
Foff with that shit.

hmm ive never considered that...

claim to be better and then cover them. the nerve of them

get a better sense of
humorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

And the covers aren't even as good as the originals.
> can't do half the guitar solos
> can't hit the high notes

Sound of Silence will always be the worst cover

>My Chemical Romance covering 'Desolation Row' for the shitty Watchmen movie

>It's another "Slow, moody, female vocals, atmospheric version of a song for a movie trailer" song

youtube.com/watch?v=4d9AWUCpRr0

Well, even T-Rez considers this cover to be better than his original work.

You're just being contrarian.

>panic at the disco covering bohemian rhapsody for suicide squad

The absolute state of Sup Forums

He never said it in that context

>is Cash's "Hurt" the worst cover of all time??
>literally have millions & millions of views and gorillions and gorillions of likes
LMAO CASH HATERS BTFO CRASH FOR EVER

>when celebrities suck each others dicks they're being serious

How can a good cover make you so mad?

>It's another "Slow, moody, female vocals, atmospheric version of a song for a movie trailer" song
This. Most obnoxious trend.

what we do know is Yung Lean made the best cover

>take fun and bouncy funk song
>turn into dark electro music

youtu.be/ltS9CfIgnjU

Da fuck? Those comments are funny though.

"We can observe the differences in meaning between the songs by analyzing the most emblematic line they share, 'You can have it all / My empire of dirt.'

In Reznor's original, we can understand the "empire of dirt" to be a large cast of land upon which nothing is planted- indeed, symbolic for the vast wasted potential of the protagonists life. All he has to offer is his limitless potential and the promise that he won't live up to any of it (I will let you down / I will make you hurt).

In contrast, Cash's cover forces us to look at this lyric in a different light. With Cash, we can view the "empire of dirt" as the ruins of Cash's life, which as he was nearing the end was worthless to him. He has nothing left to offer because his empire has run its course, and his time has passed- he's just unlucky enough to be stuck in his mortal coil while he waits to catch up. He has nothing left to give but a shattered, soon-to-be-over life and the disappointment that anyone would receive from investing in him emotionally so soon before his death.

Reznor is complaining about being such a wuss that he is failing to launch, while Cash is reflecting on his own mortality and the life he sees crumbling around him."

TL;DR: Reznor made a song for teens, Cash made a song for adults."

>"We can observe the differences in meaning between the songs by analyzing the most emblematic line they share, 'You can have it all / My empire of dirt.'
>In Reznor's original, we can understand the "empire of dirt" to be a large cast of land upon which nothing is planted- indeed, symbolic for the vast wasted potential of the protagonists life. All he has to offer is his limitless potential and the promise that he won't live up to any of it (I will let you down / I will make you hurt).
>In contrast, Cash's cover forces us to look at this lyric in a different light. With Cash, we can view the "empire of dirt" as the ruins of Cash's life, which as he was nearing the end was worthless to him. He has nothing left to offer because his empire has run its course, and his time has passed- he's just unlucky enough to be stuck in his mortal coil while he waits to catch up. He has nothing left to give but a shattered, soon-to-be-over life and the disappointment that anyone would receive from investing in him emotionally so soon before his death.
>Reznor is complaining about being such a wuss that he is failing to launch, while Cash is reflecting on his own mortality and the life he sees crumbling around him."
>TL;DR: Reznor made a song for teens, Cash made a song for adults."
Who are you quoting?

*whom

Whom'st'd've

Idk who hes quoting but ive had the same thought. The fact that cash was about to die changes the meaning significantly

>youthfull self loathing and depression
>trent was in his 30's when he made the song
It was about self loathing exclusively you young stupid cunts

>the song is SO UTTERLY JUVENILE that people think it's about being a literal teenager
Really makes you think.

>It was about self loathing exclusively you young stupid cunts
Trent's literally the most cringe songwriter alive, most of his immature shit sounds like something out of a teenage girl's diary

*whom
He just told you this

Oh look, it's another "Trent writes about his feels at the time, so he doesn't end up giving a shotgun a blow job, but all it does is make soy boys madder and madder" episode.

song covers in general are pleb (except when played live)

The man said it himself "Nothing can stop me now"

Honestly this was worst cover of all time.

i liked it

>slow moody cover for a trailer
>it's "sweet dreams" by the Eurythmics

Fucking hell

if anything this just highlights how shit 99% of popular female artists are, and even worse are the literal whos who feature on every fucking pop song.

>Skylar fucking Grey.

>let's make a slower, moodier Depeche Mode song
youtube.com/watch?v=E_1-oylPHjs

Really?!? There's a chance still!

Damn can you just imagine Cash doing Down with the sickness?

Seeing as how cash is a better artist than reznor could ever dream of being, no.

>Rez was 34 when he completed the fragile.

There's always time.

Most people don't really start aging till mid 30s, 29 is still considered youthful, but it really depends on how hard the person aged.

Stupefied

Lay off the drinking when you're in the mid 30's and you'll age gracefully.

The majority of Johnny's best songs were all covers which he made better.
gods gonna cut you down
aint no grave
out among the stars
she used to love me alot
it's hard to compete with that voice..

He didn't make them better. He reinterpreted them, then died, preventing any of the artists he covered from saying anything else but they liked them.

SOY
O O
YOB

Johnny's work with american recordings is phenomenal, including the covers, and the man comes around is one of the best songs ever written.

Johnny Cash fans are the true soy boys. They think some old man whaling about his dead wife is charming. It explains your love of Mount Eerie

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIIIIIIKE
TO BE THE BAD MAN

How can i be as badass as you are
Its good music, did you really fall for the soy meme

Is that why it looks like Mark E. Smith already has one foot in the grave?

This is a 10/10 cover desu
m.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9ZDaIrkU

It's ALWAYS "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics.

youtube.com/watch?v=PjKw6xJ9WIg

>311
>K is the eleventh letter in the alphabet
>3K
>KKK
Also, that cover sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=2HhSS1hUUjQ

unironically better than the original and I feel bad saying that

>C is the 3rd letter of the alphabet
>K is the 11th letter of the alphabet
>3-11=CK

Are these guys Louis CK fanboys?