TEX:TEX activates closer candidate Keone Kela
TB:MRI shows no damage in Steven Souza's hip
DET:Brewers have interest in SP Justin Verlander
NYM:Reed attracting most trade interest on Mets
BAL:Dodgers 'remain in mix' on O's Zach Britton
SEA:Mariners get David Phelps for four prospects
OAK:Astros' pursuit of Sonny Gray is 'heating up'
MIA:A.J. Ramos drawing interest from three clubs
ARZ:JD Martinez (hand) out for D'Backs on Thurs.
ARZ:Taijuan Walker placed on paternity leave list

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-JH0oQwVMM
youtube.com/watch?v=4tHa63o9ujA
youtube.com/watch?v=9s1tnjrzIK4
youtube.com/watch?v=lIs1CbnO1S8
youtube.com/watch?v=PEi7CsB7j3g
youtube.com/watch?v=8XbMhQPNI0E
youtube.com/watch?v=mwnp6wNBlgg
youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5xfO1nYMU
youtube.com/watch?v=gtDdExR-YwM
youtube.com/watch?v=5XO3RQiAYgM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello friends. I know you like to make lots of dank may mays about Bryce Harper, but I think we all know that he's the GOAT. Don't you think the Nationals should just trade him to the Yankees alreadt? It's much better than letting him toil away in a city I don't care about. Plus it would be best for his career and Bryce Harper's career is clearly more important than anything else. Besides, he'd look good in a Yankee uniform. Please start a letter-writing campaign to the Nationals asking for this trade.

I'm not Bryce Harper btw.

>Walter Johnson threw 91
>This means Babe Ruth could hang despite the league AVERAGE being higher than the absolute peak velocity of his time

ONE POINT FIVE
BROORS FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

/asp/

My dude's. We got bonuses at work, so I'm going to fly out for Red Sox @ Yankees next month! I'm excited!

The only people who think Ruth could handle modern competition are delusional Yankeesfags.

Bonds is objectively the GOAT hitter

Think about it. Guys like Rich Hill, Kyle Hendricks, and Aaron Nola were likely on the above average side of velocity in Ruth's time. three of the notably slow, non meme ballers of our time were what Ruth was teeing off. Imagine Ruth having to hit Chris Sale or Noah Syndergaard

Is that Bobby Valentine cosplaying as Bryce Harper?

5 hours till Atlanta gets memed on

Sh-shut up
We're just getting the losing streak out of the way and now will play .700 baseball rest of the season

>off day feels

No matter how bad it is, bad baseball is still better than no baseball.

I'm sure everyone can agree on this.

F

>not watching your AAA and AA team on MILB.tv

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize they were playing today
ONE POINT ZERO
BROORS FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Ruth probably couldn't hang, he was before the advent of the power slider.

Fun fact: You can find when the power slider bloomed in the majors by looking at the last batting champ to hit over .400.

Fun fact 2: Tony Gwynn had a chance to hit over .400 one season, but the season ended early due to strike.

Fun Fact 3: Tony Gwynn is the best hitter in the last 50 years who didn't roid.

>I heard you needed some insurance, sir?

I'm sure if Ruth were raised in a time of million dollar training facilities, modern sports medicine, modern training techniques, less travel time, more realistic working schedule, and was groomed to play baseball his entire life like literally every single modern baseball player, he'd be fine among modern players.

ignoring Ruth's talent doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Theres actually a good amount of Knights games on CSN. Shame I dont have csn though

His daughter is cute.

gib prospects pls

Reminder that the Dodgers were so bad in the 1960s they moved home plate up so their hitters can hit homeruns

Verlander is 38 years old and still has 5 years/$23 million left on his contract. Fuck that bullshit.

no U gibe prospects

if we are talking about just average, then yes, Gwynn is the king.

But Ichiro and Rose were both more productive hitters over their careers. Gwynn only had 5 seasons where he played more than 150 games and he only had five 200+ hit seasons. Pete and Ichiro both had ten 200 hit seasons each.

Petes stats are invalided by his gambling he paid pitchers to throw him meatballs

It's cold in the D

>give prospects for a mid 30's pitcher who is owed 70 million until 2020

>Gwynn is the king
>not even top 20 in batting average
>not top 30 in BABIP

Bro Verlander is back to Cy Young idk what you guys are complaining

His contract is getting eaten too so don't worry

Nigga everyone above Gwynn played in a time before color photography. That should tell you all you need to know.

Who was the first bad black player?

>Color Photography
Eighteen Seventy-Seven

Like this is what you're getting for the rest of the year

> being that guy
> about fucking baseball stats

Widespread color photography, then. It's impressive how badly you can miss the point when you're trying to be the "achkyshully" guy.

>conditions I deem fair

Now do OPS, ISO, and wOBA

kek why the fuck did you blot out the dates?

>players played before color photography, so their stats don't count

Alex Wood is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-JH0oQwVMM

I don't think you understand what that means, but ok. Gwynn is top 20 all time, which means that guy was wrong to begin with, and the original claim was that he's the best hitter of the last 50 years. Most of those guys were dead 50 years ago.

Who /offday/ here?

Because that isn't from this year

Cubs need it they fucking suck ha ha

>players played before segregation, so their stats should be taken with a massive grain of salt
Fixed that for you

Look at his last postseason starts. He is BACK!

don't bother with /mlb/ and stats, it's almost never worth the reply

Clayton Kershaw is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tHa63o9ujA

>in 2012
k e k

Johnny Cueto is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=9s1tnjrzIK4

Rich Hill is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIs1CbnO1S8

Hey that cam on the ground right before home plate was pretty neat. They should do that sas-skdjhfkjh kasikhd jmk,fhjksgyhjkl hklasdhhfkl jk;sdhfnm,.h klasdhf; jhasd;jklf k,.h jklbasdf kjbnasdf l;mnqw kljhqekljhjrfjkohuiopsda ;ljkasdhf ;.asjdhf jghdk;j lfkjhj wuioqqy80348 dsukol;yf poqawi

Ok,

how about two skinny guys

youtube.com/watch?v=PEi7CsB7j3g

youtube.com/watch?v=8XbMhQPNI0E

Andrew Miller is a really really clutch pitcher.

how post his career numbers, instead of conditions you deem fair

The only conditions that matter are playoffs

Hey Vegeta, what's the scouter say about his postseason ERA?

Justin Verlander is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ5xfO1nYMU

>Conditions I deem fair
Travis Ishikawa confirmed for top 5 player in history

Not really looking at average or any stats in particular, just overall quality for a lineup.

But to be fair, Tony played 20 years and only hit under .300 once, his rookie year (he hit .289). I could see arguments statistically for ichiro or pete, but Gwynn is the best batter I've ever seen play, especially in terms of technique and approach.

Ichiro and Rose are great, both should be hofers. Would Gwynn be the goat if he hit .400 in a complete 1994 season?

Almost finished a bottle of wine and really feel like watching baseball right now. What's a goat video I should watch.

Madison Bumgarner is a really really clutch pitcher.

youtube.com/watch?v=gtDdExR-YwM

I have zero confidence in Avila actually trading Verlander for decent prospects.

>mfw doyer fans think alex wood is a good playoff #2 near me

His two rings seem to agree

And Cody "The Literal GOAT" Ross?

This is what was talking about. Everybody ahead of him lived in a world without 85 mph sliders and 90 mph cutters, and before sophisticated bullpen management

Carlos Beltran is a really really clutch hitter.

youtube.com/watch?v=5XO3RQiAYgM

You have 3 milliseconds to convince me why the NLCS won't be Rockies-Cubs

He's only got one.

Also,

>Doyers fans obsessed with the Giants

this has to be one of the best moments from this past postseason

neither of those teams will win their divisions, so

But the numbers! Cody Ross was unstoppable in October! I'd take him over Tony Gwynn or Ken Griffey Jr any day!

Andrew Miller is a really really clutch pitcher

Can someone spell the word "exposed" in 10 different languages? Thanks.

You realize players in the MLB played integrated games all the time back in those days during the offseason, right? And there's no record of the stars ever performing consistently worse in those games, right?

/mlb/ loves to talk shit about star players from baseball's history, without actually having much knowledge on baseball's history.

>oh they did fine in exhibition games, that clears everything up!

Do you know how retarded you sound

history channel-tier shitposting, my clearly intoxicated friend

Kershaw
Wood
Hill
Urias
Jansen
Baez
Turner
Bellinger
Seager
Grandal

Google translate is a thing

>all the time
Yea a couple meaningless barnstorming games in the offseason is totally disputes his point

I feel like Gwynn is similar to Griffey in one respect, that if both stayed healthy, they could have done so much more. The .400 average season would be a great footnote in history, but that alone would not change his production. You can have all the right tools mechanically, but if you can't produce, it only hurts you in the end. from his 30 year old season to his 41 year old season, he averaged only 115 games a season. if you take out his last two outlier seasons, the average is still only 127 games a season. Gwynn missed too much time. He was still an amazing talent and a generational hitter, but Rose and Ichiro have him beat based on pure stats alone. Rose had 8 seasons where he played 162 games, including a season where he was 41 years old.

I agree with you that Gwynn had, perhaps, the best approach of all time. but he just doesn't have enough production to be called the best.

>it's a dodger general

name a better reporter than alanna rizzo

best fans in baseball also have the best posters on sp

QUICK CHOOSE

A. THE WHOS WERE RIGHT TO TRADE AWAY SALE AND QUINTANA FOR BUSTS AND TANK

B. THE WHOS SHOULD HAVE KEPT SALE AND QUINTANA AND COMPETE

>atlanta

keep those brooms out

>it's a white sock general

post yfw Doyers get swept by Barves