How do you feel about this now that we've had some time with it? Honestly I think in a purely musical sense...

How do you feel about this now that we've had some time with it? Honestly I think in a purely musical sense, this is good enough to become a classic. The songwriting is so strong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNftrsCMiQs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaM6lTmhnak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maybe a pop punk classic

After listening to his other music, I find this by far the best. All the melodies and lyrics work well together.

Boring pop

I still think it's great
Also this. Can't get into BTMI!, some songs on We Cool we're good, and his latest was kinda me.

Meh*

Nothing tops BTMI! at their best, but by far his best solo work. Half of We Cool actually kind of sucked.

I'd agree with this. I think it's way better than a lot of the albums in the genre that are held in high regard.

IM AN EDGY TOYBOY PUNX WITH EXPERIMENTAL FLOURISHES . EVERYTHING THIS FAGGET DOES IS WHAT ARCHERS OF LOAF MASTERED IN 1995 WITH VEE VEE

Can you explain your shit taste? Hurr durr, this dood is the genius of poppunk.

So? Sublime was the genius of stoner ragga rock. Korn was the genius of numetal. Grateful Dead was the genius of hippie rock. BB King was the genius of the blues. And yet, ALL OF THOSE GENRES FUCKING BLOW. JUST LIKE HOW POPPUNK BLOWS. YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE OP. KILL YOURSELF.

archers of loaf fucking suck compared to their contemporaries

This thread is avere of his new album Post - right?

I don't think Jeff sounds a lot like Archers of Loaf at all.

Man just try to think of the album outside of your pre-conceived notions of the genre. It's really quite good. The songwriting is super smart, catchy and interesting. The instrumentals are actually quite layered and detailed. It's just a really high quality album from almost any angle imo.

Also BB King and the Grateful Dead were excellent. Blues is awesome and I guarantee any of your favourite bands take heavy influence from it in terms of how they play, if you listen to rock music at all.

ooooh, looks like we have a soyboy here.

>Also BB King and the Grateful Dead were excellent. Blues is awesome and I guarantee any of your favourite bands take heavy influence from it in terms of how they play, if you listen to rock music at all.

SO. FUCKING. GROSS.

every song of both genres are exactly the same of both genres. poor, lame lyrics, mimicking a specific human feeling with nothing but shitty guitar wank/scales. any dude annoyingly playing scales at your local musicshoppe has as much heart and soul ans bb or gd.

blues, poppunk, numetal, emo, stoner rock, are the IMITATION OF SINCERITY. its all FALSE EMOTION. ITS EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOUNG COUNTRY. When Marvin Gaye, young Morrissey, Elliott Smith, Ian Curtis, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Brian Wilson sing about things that bring forth emotional responses, I BELIEVE THEM. I BELIEVE THEY'VE EXPERIENCED THAT PAIN. All of these other singers are posers, who've experienced the pain of not getting the latte they want at Starbucks.

>you will never be this much of a fucking faggot

probably my AOTY 2016

why would you bring archers of loaf into this. I love them and now you're making the pretentious dickheads make fun of them because you just talked like a pretentious dickhead.

keep listening to the indie version of young country/top 40, fagget.

Durr hurr, i grew up with sum41 and emo, i now now listen to patrician versions of that shit genre. so. fucking. lame.

He's right though. There are certain genres that are just not good. Doesn't mean it's not ok to like, just admit it though.

>He's right though.
Don't refer to yourself in third person, that's fuckin weird

>There are certain genres that are just not good.

Huh, it almost sounds like you're saying music is not subjective. Imagine how retarded that would be, haha.

I'm 99% sure your trolling at this point but I guarantee that someone like Skip James or Robert Johnson lived a life exponentially more difficult than most of the people you listed. Also, all those musicians literally built most of their catalogues off of blues technique and theory. No blues, no rock music. Period. You're retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNftrsCMiQs

im not trolling. you are talking about classic old school blues not fucking 1950s+ bb king, eric clapton wank scales blues, you were fucking posers who liked to show off how well they could play their guitars in the easiest to play scale.

Here. this scene was made just for you to explain my viewpoint.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaM6lTmhnak

Easy there. Sublime is great and you fucking know it. Take it back

> All of these singers are posers

Idk Jeff has experienced most of the things he’s sung about, disregarding it as false emotion just because there’s guitar wankery seems a bit unfair imo

it's pretty incredible how the last half of the album is basically one huge song

I kinda want his next album to be entirely that, just one huge song

I liked it.

Then again, I like everything except Vacation!

boi

vacation is one of the best btmi albums

this isn't your everyday autism

this is advanced autism

>this isn't your everyday autism
>this is advanced autism

not having shit taste = autism
having taste which aligns with music critics = autism

FUCK I LOVE BEING AUTISTIC!!!

ENJOI YOUR TRANSFORMERS AND SUBLIME, FUCKBOI!!!! BIG PROPS TO YOUR NORMIE TASTE!!!!

go to bed

Listen, all of us at Sup Forums have come to an agreement and we need to sit you down and tell you that you are actually mentally retarded

I love how you claim he has "normie taste" while earlier in the thread you were unironically shilling Brian Wilson, the Smiths, Elliott Smith, and Joy Division. You have the musical knowledge of a teenager who spent a bit of time on tumblr. For you to be critiquing any sort of music is laughable. You have derailed this entire thread with your stupidity. Your all caps posts are immature and inane, and for you to be calling anyone else a child is hilariously ironic. You need to leave this board or stop posting until you reach a level of maturity and musical knowledge where you can post without bringing down the average intelligence of this board by a significant margin.

WORRY is a monster of a pop punk album and rarely derails into cheesy bullshit for longer than one or two songs, the HELLLLHOOOOLE to Perfect Sound Whatever section is so fucking good

But personally I think USA tops almost half the track list of this album

DAMN BTFO BY A (((ROSENSTOCK))) FAN. I SHOULD ERASE THE 5000+ ALBUMS I'VE LISTENED TO, BECAUSE A FAGGOT ON Sup Forums WHO WAS INTO SUM41 AND GREENDAY, AND DISCOVERED TRULY PATRICIAN MALL PUNK/PATRICIAN HYUNDAI COMMERICAL PUNK THINKS HE KNOWS MORE ABOUT MUSIC THAN ME. TRULY TRULY BTFO!!!! I BOW TO YOU!!!

who hurt you?

DRUMPF AND JEFF ROSENSTOCK BTFO!!!!!!

If Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary is a fucking classic then WORRY better be a fucking classic as well because it's WAY fucking better

diary isn't a classic. how it feels to be something on is. this shit is just soy boy meme wank.

I'll never stop loving this album because it came when I needed to hear music like that.
I film a bit better now so i like Post- but it doesn't feel the same (which is good)

I'm not usually into post-punk but this album was pretty great. Super catchy and nice on the ears

How's that new album he just put out?

Really good. On par with Worry and We Cool? for sure.

Just like Car Seat Headrest, I don't understand how their least interesting work (Worry in Jeff's case, Teens of Denial in CSH's) is super well received when they pale in comparison to their older, better stuff.. I feel like it's worse when it comes to Rosenstock 'cause some people don't even know about BTMI!, when Vacation alone is better than We Cool?, Worry. and Post- (his weakest release i m o) combined
oh well

Don't forget ASOB

Never! "1-800-Alarm-Me" is one of my favorite songs ever.

Never really got into the album, but the cover is one of my favourites.

>not liking Vacation

pls kill urself

Because Worry is on a major label. simple as that
BTMI was pretty much only big in the Northeast scene because he played so many shows there. but he never put much up on youtube or had any money for advertising.

I think Worry is just a mature version of a BTMI album. We Cool? was a lot more melodicly simple than BTMI. Post- is great but its like a totally differnt sound for me, its not nearly as punchy as early release

Fuck yeah.

Kill the President, Rocket Rocket Rocketship, Lets Go Nowhere. I love that album so, so much.

>Spinning in reverse
>Kaleidoscope
>Austistic blood
Post a better black metal demo, I dare you.

This is an excellent post. I do think that Worry fits in as a follow up to Vacation, and Jeff growing up has really been a running narrative through his career. We Cool? really lacked a lot of the experimentation and instrumentation that made everything else he did excellent.

seconded

This
I can't enjoy Worry at all, it's all over the place for me and sort of plain all in all. ASOB, Kudrow, BTMI, and even his earlier Jeff Rosenstock stuff like Summer Singles and I Look Like Shit are way better.

1st half of the album>>>>>>POWER GAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nd half of the album.
God damn this thing loses steam midway through.

What? The nonstop second half is the best part.

How powerful is Rosenstock? I can't think of a single site ever giving any of his projects a negative review
Is he just some warlord roleplaying as pop-punk?

why are you yelling