THE HOLY FUCKING MOUNTAIN

Why does this get no Sup Forums love? Do you guys not like having your mind blown? Or is it because there's nothing to bitch about?

no cucking to keep millenials intetested

>implying you didn't hear about this movie from Sup Forums

Jodorworsky has been a board favorite for years now

Sup Forums gives it too much love if anything

it is a good one though, the love is deserved.

The rape scene is overrated

Damn dude I missed that, found it from googling shit to watch on drugs. Side note, I've only seen this one, how are J-dawgs other films?

trash for plebs like OP to stroke his ego over

>J-dawgs

Aimless trash from a confused degenerate.

Watch Jodorowsky's Dune if you want to see how much of a hack the creator is.

Again, literally trash for people to sort through and find something decent. Hate the holy mountain, hate Jodorowsky's 'artistry' and hate that people treat him like anything than a lucky cunt who did too many psyches.

>found it from googling shit to watch on drugs.

It's not really aimless if you've taken psychedelic drugs

exploration and adventure #1 in life

Visually it's one of my favorites. Not bad overall, not fantastic. It falls apart near the middle but picks back up at the end (much like El Topo). For any fans of the film I highly recommend watching DoggieWoggiez PoochieWoochiez! A remake of the film that uses footage of dogs from various media to loosely recreate the story.

I've seen that doc, his version looked fucking dope honestly.

>dude weed lmao
>dude just turn your brain off man
cmon user

You can assign a subtle narrative to anything if you're baked enough and it's engaging. That doesn't excuse it from being unwatchable trash otherwise.

Salo is more tolerable. At least you can feel something watching Salo. Shit for shit's sake is meaningless.

I like the movie for the weird imagery,and mostly cause its a very campy film. I also really liked the ending despite it being dumb.

Yeah I like the ship designs too user but that doesn't excuse
>10 hours long
>change the ending
>arguing with producers from the get go

If you want to argue that Jodorowsky is an interesting artistic figure I'll absolutely grant you that. He's interesting enough that I can't help but shitpost.

But a filmmaker? an Artist? Nah. Just some scumbag from the 70's who knew the right people.

I tought of it as false idols (and ideologies) and he kinda being cristian, showing that christ (the original) was the good one at the end.

The only real point of the movie is that you're not going to find enlightenment or a 'holy mointain' from drugs or people who are full of shit. You can only find it through the ones you love and the real world. Did you not watch the movie?

Jodorowsky was a jew who was into mysticism

your suppose to climb over your own metaphorical holy mountain to achieve enlighten yea but the movie only says that drugs are bad when you equate them to enlightenment. because earlier before they actually climb the mountain the group of the most powerful people on earth take some form of peyote and trip out.

I don't think the film laments drug use but if you abuse it and see it as the only way to be wise you are a fool like the guy selling drugs at the pantheon

it's partly because much of the board is vehemently anti drugs and jodor's movies are pretty boring to watch while straight

why is this board so anti drug, watching films high is one of the best things ever

I watched 2001 on acid one time and oh baby that was intense

So you have to be gay to enjoy Jodorowsky?

This is the best thread on Sup Forums right now. Think about that.

I can't imagine watching all of 2001 on good lsd. Just don't have the attention span for it. Towards the end of a trip a friend and I watched the end with him going through the wormhole (I'm sure it's referred to something else) and becoming the star child

Well you enjoy it you tell me

Your face is trash for me to stroke my egotastic dick over

it's not mentioned much because it's hard to talk about it other than "remember the part where this happens"

I will always remember the scene where the guy says he climbed the mountain horizontally.

>shit to watch on drugs
grow up

It was "meh"....like all Jodors bullshit.

I MEAN... HE'S NOT WRONG!

I am more grown than you, drugs are for adults.

Because his comics are ten times fucking btter than his movies, except El Topo.
El Topo is the shit.

Alexandro "The absolute madman" Jodorowsky

>In his book about the film,[18] Alexandro Jodorowsky says about the rape scene: "When I wanted to do the rape scene, I explained to [Mara Lorenzio] that I was going to hit her and rape her. There was no emotional relationship between us, because I had put a clause in all the women's contracts stating that they would not make love with the director. We had never talked to each other. I knew nothing about her. We went to the desert with two other people: the photographer and a technician. No one else. I said, 'I'm not going to rehearse. There will be only one take because it will be impossible to repeat. Roll the cameras only when I signal you to.' Then I told her, 'Pain does not hurt. Hit me.' And she hit me. I said, 'Harder.' And she started to hit me very hard, hard enough to break a rib...I ached for a week. After she had hit me long enough and hard enough to tire her, I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really...I really...I really raped her. And she screamed."