I love Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and West World

I feel like all of these shows are very great shows. I'm slightly confused as to why people shit on them so often on Sup Forums?

They are, without a doubt, above current cookie cutter medical dramas, current police procedurals, and other "normal soap operas"; by mere concept alone. However more often than not they seem to squander this advantage.

only a moron would put the walking dead on the same level as those other two shows

>The Walking Dead
>Great Show

Sup Forums can be overly contrarian but TWD is shit

Serials have taken over episodics and procedurals as the new status quo. Of the three, Game of Thrones is the least poor, but even that has abandoned its previous high-minded ideas and intricate plotting in favour of sensationalism, spectacle, and fan-service. What originally made GoT transgressive has become its greatest failing - now that they've established that "we're willing to kill off everyone! (except Sansa, Arya, Jon, Dany and Tyrion), every unresolved character arc or plot thread can be blithely disregarded with a senseless death, only for the showrunners to go "just like in your real lifes!!!! That's what makes it good tho!!!" West World doesn't have nearly enough ideas, stories or characters for its interminable duration, and The Walking Dead exhausted their entire ethos - "you have to be a fascist to survive" - in season 2. It's the least offensive, because it's the worst - a truly dreadful show that is only possible to enjoy ironically, as the characters are little more than ciphers engaged in tawdry melodrama.

All three of those shows suffer the most from the same thing: poor, formulaic, often pandering, and ultimately mediocre writing. The fact that plebs eat it up and put it above and at the same level as actual great shows pisses us off and as a result we shit on it.
Exactly the same reason I shit on Breaking Bad, I'm so tired of seeing thta piece of shit listed as the best show of the past 100 years.

TWD is not even remotely on the same level as the other two

>why people shit on them so often on Sup Forums
>shitting on shows
>Sup Forums
are you new?
Sup Forums always shits on everything. The only shit they like is obscure crap. And even then they'll shit on them if that crap becomes popular.

>actual great shows
Name one

>unsupported claims
wew

What would you consider a top tier show? No comedies.

I dunno about the other ones (I only watched the first season of TWD and thought it was okay but not worth following)

GoT is trash though. It's not so much "the books are better" as it is "the books hand them everything they need to make it good and they throw it out for no reason".

the walking dead is objectively shit and West World i havent watched for more than 10 min, it seemed boring and forced.

The Wire
The Sopranos
Friday Night Lights

I like Walking Dead but Game of Thrones is shit.
Does West World have nudity?
I may give West World a try if I can see some tits.

Popularity and mainstream are frowned upon here. Everybody is a non-conformist elitist contrarian

Yeah, just from watching snippets of it at my dad's, it seems tryhard as fuck.

game of thrones and west world aren't bad but the walking dead is legit awful. very low quality show.

not guy you're responding to but
>FNL
KOK

The Walking Dead is pedestrian and downright plebian. In comparison to the other two, it has a low budget and worse production values. Not to mention the writing is awful and non of the characters are all that compelling. Dropped after 1 season.

should've been a samurai-jack-style animated series tbqhwy pham-a-lam

Now if you had said True Detective instead, I might have respected you.

I don't know about Westworld, but TWD is actual trash. It's character's flip-flop all the time and never seems to have a consistent personality. Aside from badly written characters, there's nothing attractive about the show other than schlocky CG and generic zombies(Even that is mediocre at best). It's also full of silly contrivances to increase artificial feeling tension.

As for GoTs, most of the actors overact and there are plenty of unnecessary plot contrivances and plot holes that could easily be avoided with writing more in-line with the books. Also the fight choreography is so atrocious it takes all tension out of the combat. GoTs just seems too cheesy to be treated with an seriousness IMO.

kys

Walking dead is just terrible, started off okay but went downhill fast. Other two are pretty good.

Agreed. TWD is actually good and can be profound.

big bang theory

HBO shows are horrible imo, they have a formula that "works" but its sooo bad, all series have sex or nudity just to sell or get viewers, every episode is fucking boring, filled with filler time, till the last 2-5 min they hit you with a cliffhanger

and the walking dead, jesus christ its the worst zombie show ever existed, character sucks, the story sucks, its not even about zombies

>every episode is fucking boring filled with filler time
>formula
that sounds like a generalization and not a formula
if you're going to make claims like that, you could at least have the courtesy of making specific points, even if those points are shitty, instead of copping out of committing to any actual argument in preparation of being able to drop your own arguments from the wall of criticisms and shitposting like the flaky nigger that you are.

I wouldn't put TWD on the same level as those

For you, what are the reasons it's sucks?

It's because the people who rave about them and say they are some of the best tv shows available are people who have never seen actual great tv dramas. These shows are decently entertaining, but way overrated by plebs, this, Sup Forums hates them

*thus

Many titties my friend. Some aren't the most pleasant tho

TWD > GOT >WW

I think in terms of acting, Westworld is clearly better than got and twd

imagine of these shows were exactly the same but not on HBO and not popular
Sup Forums would be sucking their cocks and begging for cum
dont' even pretend tv doesn't make reasonable shit up to justify why they hate shit

They're honestly all three somewhat entertaining, but they get compared to say Mad Men, Sopranos, and the Wire, and they just don't hold up.

Please inform me of great tv dramas.

If GoT had been unpopular it would've been cancelled before it went to shit. I don't think anyone here bashes the first two seasons.

People shit on them because they want to be edgy hipster faggots with a superiority complex.

I'm not saying they are perfect, hell I don't even particularly like TWD but my subjective aesthetics have no bearing on whether or not a show is good.

See

There are tits fairly often, but there are also several dicks, just so ya know. They're also rarely shown in a sexual setting, btw.

replace TWD with the Strain and you might be on to something

>The Strain
kek, I dropped that show. Even before I dropped it i had to kinda force myself to watch it
The only likeable thing on that show is Setrakian(sp?) and the old ass striGOY from the roman empire days

Used to be a good horror drama zombie show.
Since season 2 its a one room zombie show
and since 6 its a comedy slasher.

>the black guy calls himself king and has a TIGER as pet, a fucking TIGER
>the white guy completly lost his mind and talks with his bat

the only reason twd is still alive, are the REALLY well made zombie masks.
I wish they would wring glen back and kill carl :(

Game of Thrones and Westworld are legitimately great shows
Walking dead is pretty meh

The last two seasons of GoT have been shit besides the battles