What musicians, groups, albums, songs, etc do you consider over-hated...

What musicians, groups, albums, songs, etc do you consider over-hated? Whether they have their flaws blown out proportion or get way too much flak than they deserve?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vALG4B1Erc
youtube.com/watch?v=lVEAk5Lpwf0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blur gets a lot of shit despite being GOAT-tier

TOOL gets a lot of hate despite being GOAT

Nickelback, 13 years ago maybe, but now they just have a few bangers with some mediocre filler, better than a lot of other shit out there

I wish I could say Coldplay, because rush of blood to the head is GOAT, but they’ve completely earned all their hate in the last two years

U2 hands-down. They’re output up to Achtung Baby is fantastic, anyone shitting on them can’t think of any reason than “BONO STUPID HAHA”

these
plus AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Genesis, Creed, Dave Matthews, Motley Crue

seconding

They aren't the 2deep hyper-complex group a lot of stupid individuals try to sell, Tool are at their best as a pretty straight-up rock/metal outfit with very very minimal prog elements. imo Lateralus is one of their lesser releases.

Yo Vitalogy is fucking GOAT

probably female artists because it becomes a sort of a retarded beauty pageant
like most of the time it's just a bunch of lame dudes arguing over whether or not they are attractive

Normies respect Pearl Jam though. The only correct answer is Limp Bizkit. They are talented and both normies and music nerds/metalheads alike hate them

Mike Patton. Sup Forums seems to hate the guy for pretty childish reasons when he's one of the most versatile vocalists rock music has seen.

People hate Fred Durst. If Limp Bizkit had another dude instead of him they wouldn't get as much hate as they do

U2 is boring pop-rock. Listen to Cheap Trick instead.

Oasis
They aren't great (even though their first two albums and B-sides compilation are 10/10's), but people just listen to Wonderwall and call them shit.
And Wonderwall itself it's a well written pop song too, just overplayed to death

My main problem with Oasis is not their music (they're pretty decent songwriters actually) but the fact that they're a bunch of arrogant dipshits who seem to unironically think they're the best music the world has ever seen.

>”they’re popular so they’re pop”
>”pop is bad”

Where do I start? I think you should with actually listening to Boy or Unforgettable Fire

I pirated and listened to U2's whole forgettable discography. Fuck you you normie fucking faggot.

Queen on Sup Forums, shit is ridiculous. We get it, you don't want to be reddiut..

>normie
>faggot
“why am I so much better than everyone else???”

new to Sup Forums eh?

Cool meme arrows you retarded gypsy. You still like bad music.

I feel like metal and rap are both really hated by a lot of mu it feels like. I'm not really into either, but I have definitely heard good albums in both genres. its just really immature to discount an entire genre of music

Don’t talk to me or my son ever again

Nickelback is halfway decent. There, I said it.

"Weird Al" Yankovic

Audioslave takes the cake, I think. So many people when they were new said that they were worse than Soundgarden because they didn't detune their guitars or have crazy layers, or that they were worse than RATM because Chris rarely tried to compete with Tom.
Truth is they're amazing, maybe not as great as Soundgarden but the lyrics on their first record are better than anything Soundgarden put out, and Tom's guitarwork on all three albums is way better than anything he did with RATM.

this board is the only reason i fucking abhor grime ngl

MCR, they were great art punk/post-hardcore pop and just because they got caught up with the emo/scene bullshit that was happening in the mid-2000s and their fans are pure cancer, they end up getting the short end of the stick endlessly

A lot of black people dominated music in general outside of hip hop and some jazz. Stuff in genres like:

Blues (actual folk blues not blues rock)
RnB/Soul
Funk
Dub
Detroit Techno

Don't really get enough love on vast spaces of the music internet community. It's not about race either. That early blues stuff for example is far more raw and genuine sounding than what's commonly associated with blues. RnB and Soul singers are easily far more talented than any other vocalists among the general Sup Forumscore style music canon not cuz of vocal range but vocal control which allows them to be far more expressive. People that like stuff like city pop or groove based pop with large arrangements should definitely be checking out more funk. Dub is a genre of electronic music that tends to be very colorful and brought enough variety of rhythms to have each rhythm approach be the basis for a new electronic music genre. Detroit Techno unlike its European counterpart is far more colorful and rhythmically diverse while not forgetting that the music's meant for dancing.

>RnB and Soul singers are easily far more talented than any other vocalists among the general Sup Forumscore style music canon not cuz of vocal range but vocal control which allows them to be far more expressive
still not as talented as chris cornell

>he acts as if rnb/soul, dub, and Detroit techno aren’t massively popular genres that get talked about in normal conversation, just not by name
Oi

I would say that their music has not aged well at all.

Nirvana

True.

Jamiroquai.

Early albums were great, band was tight and JK was one an incredible vocalist.

This guy

Jean-Michel Jarre
He has some really mediocre stuff but he also has done this :
youtube.com/watch?v=_vALG4B1Erc

Chris is mad talented. But he falls short because he has the range and versatility in delivery but his ability to control his vocals to be able to smoothly transition is limited compared to the best soul singers.
Dub threads don't usually get more than 20 posts. RnB threads are rarely ever made unless it's some newly hyped dude like Frank Ocean. Detroit Techno will be maybe talked about for five posts on /bleep/, even sometimes giving it recognition as best techno, before they start mass posting Eurotechno again.

Metallica and Weezer. Both have at least 4 great albums each, and people constantly shit on them for trying new things, or shit on them for sticking to their guns.

Oh and Lulu was good.

seconded

None of my friends are Sup Forumstants or even close to my level of music snobbery and they all love Detroit techno
Could just be a hawaii thing tho idk

Creed

I don't see how they're any different from Audioslave, STP, or Pearl Jam. I think people just hate christ.

>post-grunge
>from the EAST coast
That's why nobody likes them.

RHCP

so in the UK literally no-one has heard of Dave Matthews, pointed out a tour poster in Poland and the lads I was with were all like "literally who"

is he a more common name in the US?

what the fuck are you talking about

Kenickie. They were jolly and fun.

Blur was mean to nardwuar for no good fucking reasonbother than to bully him. Their music not bad but they're faggot pieces of shit.

swans. maybe bc i can't seem to get into them :/

I listen to both. Suck my nuts boyos

Ghost BC, they get a lot of shit but are a pretty good pop hard rock/metal band

Dream Theater

Yeah their singer is cheesy and all the guitar and keyboard solos are wank, but they have some enjoyable songs

nah chilis are generic trash

Weezer and My Chemical Romance.

Weezer is the Eminem of rock.

Eminem actually made some good music though

DAMN.
Fantano was right.

Jarre is probably my favourite musician ever, I was shocked at Sup Forums's disdain for him. That said, you're right that there's a lot of mediocre stuff in his discography, only 66% of his songs are rated 4 or 5 stars in my library.

[spoiler]I gave Wooloomooloo 2 stars so I think we like something very different about him though[/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=lVEAk5Lpwf0

limp bizkit is one of the most talented alt metal groups in existence and wes borland is the GOAT but god forbid anyone enjoy them because fred had some dumb verses 15 years ago

this desu

creed

I think Incubus is better at being rhcp than rhcp

Half of the guitar solos on Revelations sound like a cat being thrown into a wood chipper.

korn

Not hated enough.

>Green Day

Sure they're shit now, but they used to be great, pretty much everything pre nimrod is perfect. Although Warning and Nimrod are great too.

nah his music isn't even that bad. 17 was overhated by critics coz of his domestic abuse allegations. that bald guy gave it a 2 but the music really wasn't a 2/10, he was just hopping on the bandwagon.

Coldplay.

Parachutes, Rush of Blood and Viva La Vida are all solid albums

No one hates Al

>whitest band on earth
>over-hated
nah bruh

I agree with this. It gets to a point where Sup Forums and everyone else thinks hip-hop is 'the black genre' and rock is 'the white genre' regardless of whether they love or hate it. And honestly even black rock musicians are barely if ever discussed on this board too

Definitely one of the more talented male pop stars. I would add Terence Trent d'Arby - his crime being 'made an alt-soul album with some pretentious titles'

Agreed

Silverstein. They're consistent, solid, and they get shaton for being too emo.