I'm torn because a Marvel soundtrack will always be shit...

I'm torn because a Marvel soundtrack will always be shit, but I don't see how Kendrick would let himself make some garbage art under the name "Black Panther"

idk it'll probably end up alright but this SZA track is not great

youtube.com/watch?v=GfCqMv--ncA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWaljXUiCaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hella diverse

Fuck off Sup Forums

WE

I bet you five dollars that Childish Gambino - Redbone is going to be in this

kendrick is just a capitalism compatible stooge with plenty of platitudes to dish out while at the same time not really doing anything to change the status quo
All that chastising against blacks and the current system, what does it matter?

If it makes you feel better user, the soundtrack for The Amazing Spiderman 2 was made and curated by Pharrell and Hans Zimmer, both two decent composers, and it's still fucking horrendous. Also, remember that Star Wars compilation they did for TFA featuring guys like Diplo, Flying Lotus, and others? fucking awful as well.

When you need to attach your brand name to a reputable artist, chances are the soundtrack is going to be shit no matter what. Just let the guy earn his disney tokens and don't bother.

>both two decent composers
fucking lmao

not that guy but please tell us how they are not decent composers

Holy fuck Sup Forums's gonna have an aneurysm.
>W-WE WUZ KANGZ guys amirite????

Kendrick peaked between GKMC - TPAB, prepare for a slow drop in quality here on out.

Geoff Barrow pls

They're already shitting their pants, taking their undies off to lick it off as we speak. This is their white "genocide" fears come to life.

This, DAMN was just an artistic downgrade from TPAB. He'll need to do something really different on his next project, which probably wont happen considering the success of DAMN.

>but I don't see how Kendrick would let himself make some garbage art under the name "Black Panther"
hip hop is literally the most commercial genre there is and he's one of the biggest names, this is a logical outcome

Hella woke

This is like Prince doing Batman except Prince was an actual musician so it will be even worse KEK

I just can't believe how hella diverse this is, it's beautiful I mean, Damn...

Good song Cuckdrick

Legend has it will be on there.
youtube.com/watch?v=vWaljXUiCaE

WAS

ANCIENT GREEKS

KWANZ

Didn’t care for the song too much

kendrick sellout as fuck

>ahaha nigger music. Amirite fellow KKKekistans?

Man what if kenny surprises us with some dank afrobeat, motown and psych funk? But yeah theres a 100 percent chance its just gonna be shit like rihanna and bryson tiller

I don't understand why the We Wuz meme took off. It wasn't even a popular song and nobody who says the meme probably never heard it.

Film will be shit and music will be even worse. Kendrick Lamar is a joke of an 'artist', same for all hip-hop 'musicians'

>implying they waznt kangz and qwaenz

Because the Sup Forumsocks are not a creative race so they just keep repeating the same lame jokes and pastas

Sup Forums - whiteboys who like rap but never talk about it in real life

Also not that guy but Pharelle is a mediocre hip hop producer that’s made some of the worst beats in the genre. Some good obviously but one outweighs the other.

Zimmer just makes bland tasteless orchestral pieces that’s not even worth paying attention to. I.E. at least with Pharelle you can listen to it on its own and it’ll sound fine meanwhile with Zimmer nobody listens to his scores outside the movie.

Can confirm

black friday was pretty good

>changed the landscape of hip-hop for years to come
>mediocre hip hop producer

Timbaland, No ID and Kanye did as well. It wasn't just one person. Not the guy you're replying to btw but I think Pharrell is insonsistent. Half the beats on Clipse's albums are awful while half are great.

>baseless assumptions of racism
found the insane libtard

mfw yacubians itt

>only black people
>diverse
>you have to be a Sup Forumstard to see how the word diverse is misused in this context

to the left diversitey means anti-white

Neptunes literally are one of the most important producers of last decade what are you on?

Also with Zimmer it just sounds like you either are too ADHD to listen to closer details in his music or you haven't listened to the soundtracks that gave him his reputation as high demand to begin with.

>actually believing in the black-centric bastardization of Islam
fucking kill yourself

Guys, Kendrick is CURATING the soundtrack album, NOT PRODUCING, NOT COMPOSING, etc.

Which I hope leads to actually cool afro futurist takes on actual African music instead of goddamn hip hop. African Americans and actual Africans are two very different things.

t. yacubian

im not white i just know that the nation of islam is retard and are black supremacists.

I hope the soundtrack wholly consists of Exuma b-sides

>baseless
Its not baseless if it's true faggot.

>the extent of libtard logic

>can't see racism in deliberately racist posts
typical Sup Forumslutants.

>all I can ever see is racism
typical libtards

reminder he did songs with ed sheeran and maroon5

this desu

kendrick lamar is a shoe salesman

..n shit

>Just cause I'm racist doesn't mean I'm racist you fucking libcucks
literally the state of Sup Forums

>just cause something is not racist doesn't mean it's not racist you fucking white male
literally the state of libtards

>Changing how music sounds means it doesn’t suck
Man all those guys who made ringtone rap in the mid 2000s must be geniuses.

>but I don't see how Kendrick would let himself make some garbage art under the name "Black Panther"
Because he's triggered.

>Yes I believe the white race is superior, but if you call me racist you're infringing on muh frozen peaches

>gonna have an aneurysm
I can already hear the giggling.

Opinions are like assholes, you wanna stuff your fist in all of them

>yes I can make baseless assumptions, and if you call me on it you're literally a racist because you don't see the world through my tunnel vision

>people getting riled up over a popcorn flick
I don't know who's worse, blacks acting like this is gonna be a political statemwent or tards on here acting like this movie is gonna be a political statement. It's a fucking marvel movie.

This whole thread is bait user. I mean Kendrick did this because people will spread it in either autistic anger or in hysterical laughter.

This is why Kendrick is a meme. All the nigga raps about is muh race muh struggle. Thats why I dont listen, it's so overplayed. I want bangers, I want ignorant trap shit you can drink and fuck to, not this malcolm x marcus garvey shit.

How do I already know that Trump is going to find some way to bitch about this on Twitter?

>implying trump has ever humored some literally who b list celeb
Oh right like eminem...HAHAHAHAH

marvel movies fucking suck, all of them are just mediocre. Literally any animated DC movie blows marvel out of the water.

With that being said, all movie soundtracks are usually bad unless the soundtracks are made specifically for the movie and they're purely instrumental and are for atmospheric purposes. Like the soundtrack to the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford or Werckmeister Harmonies or eyes wide shut or 2001

>DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY POLITICAL STANCE???

Do you write for Stephen Colbert bro?
This shit is ridiculous. He's going to phone it in and it's going to be like a discount TPAB. Woke Twitter will orgasm over it as usual.

le syrup sandwiches nigger hasnt made anything good since gkmc so who cares

Racism Is the biggest sign of unintelligence. Grow up

>starts career: makes song called "fuck yo ethnicity"
>2018: sees he can make money off blm twitter sect, becomes woke conscious race rapper, every song and album is about race

kendrick would easily water his shit down for money. take his "contributions" to pop artists like sia and maroon 5 for example

I'd say bad grammar is a bigger sign.

Let me guess, you think you're counter cultural because you either support Trump or take a le enlightened centrist stance on him?

Making baseless assumptions is a greater sign, heh heh heh.

>nigger
Wow you're so edgy. Racism is the biggest sign of unintelligence. It's literally insecurity and fear manifested because you feel inferior to a group of people. Funny thing is you would never say that word in public so why pretend online and act like you're some cool hip nazi. You should stop being brainwashed and try having your own thoughts for once

I'm actually part of something called the alt-right, and I have to say, it feels punk as fuck.

No but people who make low effort Trump jokes are annoying. It's so overplayed and uncreative. "He's orange and fat! He'll go on Twitter and rage about this one!". He's too easy to make fun of, so if you're gonna do it be creative and take the high road. Otherwise you're late night tv host tier.

It's a fact. Racism is a sign of lack of world experience and usually is found in children and older generations, typically racist ideologies are the result of sheltering and propaganda. You will grow out of it eventually and be ashamed how ignorant you were

kek this pasta never gets old

>You should stop being brainwashed and try having your own thoughts for once

Good advice, you should follow it

Why would he give a shit?

>lack of world experience
>older generations

???
Are you saying you have more world experience than some random 70 year old man? Lol sit tf down kid

>I think I'm worldly and enlightened because I'm "tolerant"
I bet the furthest you've ever traveled was to a paid protest in Missouri.

you act smug but you know that movie is going to be a KANGZfest. Wigger

I work at a record store, and this is wrong. Sup Forumstants can't shut the fuck up about it in real life. They're so easy to pick out of a crowd.

Because he knows a black-centric movie will cause a vague anger in his fanbase and he wants to stoke that fire. Dogwhistle shit like he did with the NFL stuff.

When you're 15, it's normal to say "I only listen to the REAL hip hop with meaning". When you turn 20, you only listen to the party shit because you realize that "conscious rap" has little value because nothing new or groundbreaking is being said. It's just "da white man be targeting us overcome fuck the police" type shit. But that club shit, that party shit, it works for lifting and getting fucked up, and that's the value of rap music. Kendrick can pull off both, which I like, but really very few "conscious" rappers worth a damn.

I don't think Trump even knows who kendrick lamar is my dude. He's not going to touch it. The NFL thing there was a legit reason, it just looks like a bunch of ungrateful football players shitting on the flag at a distance. I can understand conservatives not liking that. They're not going to give a fuck about some random rap album though.

>he wants to stoke that fire
Good point. I think he might.
I also forget about poking the ants nest.

I’m 20 and I listen to both.
>All conscious hip hop is
No. It isn’t. If you wanna think that you do you but it isn’t.

i actually agree
that "real hip hop" shit is 8 times out of 10 just whack. i like songs that you can play and have a good time. backpacker shit fucks this up because they use the same ol boring boom bap production and rap about "the struggle".

kendrick wrote some deep shit AND had fresh production on TPAB and that's why it really worked. idk if he can pull it off again though, i dont think he'll put too much effort into a movie OST

I haven't heard anything worthwhile besides like Kendrick, Busdriver, and a lot of the 90s shit. Most of the stuff I've heard under that umbrella is just the same topics same style. It gets old. Be creative with it. I unironically think trap has more creativity than the conscious scene.
Yee you get what I'm saying

I just feel like the “All X genre is Y” argument is a terrible one in any sense.

Not all party rap is “trap” either. I don’t hate it necessarily but it’s not my first choice with hip hop.

I was more referring to the movie in general. It's the kind of thing that makes conservatives angry for reasons they can't entirely explain. Inevitably leading to dumbass comments that they think are clever like:
>Why can't there be a WHITE panther too? That seems pretty racist to me!

It is a generalization but idk how else to word it. Not ALL, but a lot imo. Let me ballpark a percentage like 70% of what I've heard. I used to be real into it too. You do you, everyone has preferences, I'm just stating mine on the music board because that's what we're here for. I'm not trying to convince anybody I'm just doin that Sup Forums kinda thing.