Is it true Europe doesn't have air conditioning?

Is it true Europe doesn't have air conditioning?

>google who invented the air conditioner
>did a black man invent the air conditioner? 4th result

Only women use conditioner, princess.

it's probably true that in large parts of europe, air conditioning is not standard in houses. i imagine they are in southern europe though. but they they still exist elsewhere.

in norway a lot of houses have heat pumps, used during the winter. in the summer, they can be set to cool air (if you have a proper pump) or simply just to circulate the air which also helps. personally i use regular fans.

Just live in an old house with high rooms and you're chilly comfy.

>look at me, I made this thread again

where do i buy long sleeve t shirts like this?

>long sleeve

Depends where.

AC is not standard at all in Paris. Newest buildings or publics spaces have it, but 90% of appartments don't.

In Madrid it's much more prevalent.
In the south of Italy too.

However I when I went in the USA I felt like the AC was disgustingly overused. I don't know how you guys can live with it

i have two air conditioners at home

At least around here, houses are usually built so massively that they stay warm in winter and cold in the summer. You just have to close the blinds and open the windows at 7 in the morning for a few minutes, and the temperatures will stay at a manageable level throughout the day. And if it still gets too hot, the basement is typically quite chilly.

In an event of a tornado, does your house fly away?

This, the US house have very poor thermal isolation for what I experienced.

I have cousins living in Texas in a nice house, but it's not built to keep the heat out the same way as the house are built in warm part of Europe like Greece, Spain, or Italy

it's 40 degrees celcius here in athens so most people would probably kill themselves here without AC (as much as the rest of europe would like that from us)

>the basement is typically quite chilly.
Austrians are caring fathers.

Another thing, I notivced most of the houses don't have exterior shutters to keep the heat out

yes, and

there is not enough flat terrain where I live to allow for the formation of a tornado. But even if one were to go over my house, I'd simply chill in the pantry, which is right in the middle of the basement and has no windows. A serious tornado might devastate the upper parts of the house, but the brick+mortar superstructure would probably survive without problems.

I rest my case.

we only have like 2-3 months here where temperatures over 30°C are realistic and those rarely happen for more than 3-4 days in a row, so no need for air conditioning for just 1/4 of the year

and only pussies need air conditioning for 20s temperatures

>pussies
Sweaty fat fucks more like

Nope, I don't need it. I have properly oriented house and blinds on the outside of the windows.

UK doesn't have A.C. as standard, we do have central heating in pretty every house.

>built so massively they stay warm in winter and cold in summer.

Kys i work in HVAC and you have no idea what you are talking about.

>being so poor you can't let your a.c. go all day to live in a comfy artic environment at home

Lmaoing at your life Europe. Don't you guys spend like 8 bucks a gallon on gas too? KEK

There are ways to orient and build houses to have a good isolation.

>air "conditioning"

my air is fine just the way it is thank you Mr.Goldstein

Seriously, where I'm at it's been like 95 degrees (F) or higher for like 3 days. I only own one fan so I have to have AC on a lot. How do Yuros do it?

>being so poor you don't pay 1,30 Eurons per litre of lead-free Benzin.

Subhomo nonsapiens americanensis, everyone.

You dont understand how physics work do you?

>another perfect example of
>american education

>leave windows open during the night
>close windows and roll down blinds midmorning

not hard at all

this

Build a house with stone instead of cardboard, that said every house here has ac.

What Frenchie said makes no sense. Heat disperses you ignorant ape. If a house is large it would not stay warm in winter without a large HVAC system dumbass

>If a house is large it would not stay warm in winter without a large HVAC system dumbass
Why are you trying to advertise something no one clearly needs in a sports board on a portuguese windowmaking bulletin board system?

Why would I buy an AC when it's fucking cold 11 months a year?
It's mid-July and I still need a jacket outside because it's cold and raining

It's called a moo moo.

Good goy.

>advertising physics

The average yuro house is the size of my shed they only need a fan

>artic environment

How is living in the cabin of an 18 wheeler comfy

I wonder how it's living in a place you literally need air conditioning to survive. Must be pretty bad.

Is it true that americans microwave their water?

>american education

is it true that americans are fat?

To make tea or instant coffee sure. Are you still so backwards you think microwaves are radioactive?

Unfortunately that's true. It's 14° (57 F) outside and I'm literally dying.

Explain how "massive" buildings magically stay warm in winter and cold in summer

>microwaving water

>americans

You can get those in any American clothing shop, ask for an L size

>harmless question about Europe
>Europeans go into full defense mode like you slapped their mother

Every time

Do you know most Europeans don't even have bathtubs? They literally just shower in the middle of the bathroom lmao

top kek
>microwaving water

>Americans haven't invented water boilers yet

I keep forgetting how 3rd world you guys are over there

>drinking tea

Cringe

Nope, Mr. 7-1. We are third world and have water boilers. They are something inferior to that.

Its faster than any kettle

Massiv as in thicc walls
not massiv in qm^2 my americano friendo

>mfw a yurosweat had no control over the closed environment of his domicile.

Jesus and yuros consider themselves to be first worlders but they don't have things as basic as air conditioning? Kek

Why are you guys so easily offended?
OP is right, I spent a long time in Europe and air conditioning is rare, the "flats" you live in are tiny, your quality of life is a meme since it just means there's people on gibs that give them enough to live a good life while being parasites and the successful are raped with taxes
Walk in closets are for the wealthy
There are no repercussions in being a young single mother due to the ridiculous gibs so you have many of them
Utilities are expensive as fuck, your women are easy whores with no sense of shame
Only thing I can think of is the quality of the food is better for the price
The entire continent isn't even close to being on par with the USA
And no one gives a fuck about your country's history, absolutely irrelevant when it doesn't stop your people now from being nannied whiny pieces of human trash
I bet many of you get NEET bucks due to since non illness like anxiety and whatever the fuck else they pander to over there
Tiny shithole living cancerous twats, die

Americans always forget how south we are. Chicago's as far south as italy or something right? It's like asking why Canadians don't buy air conditioners

I bet you're a pathetic lonely alcoholic

An Austrian and a basement.
Always a good match for your family.

>Why are you guys so easily offended?
You were so butthurt you have to make a thread, and then you got BTFO on your own thread.

Try Japan
Lived in Japan for 2 years.
They don't even have central heating in appartments (even though it's freezing in winter)
They basically only heat 1 room with an electrical heater, it's cold everywhere else

They all had AC though

I'm not op you stupid fuck and everything I've said it's a fact
Now why are you even in this thread when Brazil isn't even on par with yuropoor living standards? You live in hell and you're poor, filthy shitskin monkey

>putting ketchup in the fridge

>europeans don't have AC
lol try again sweetie

>no one is offended ITT
>explain to Americans why A/Cs aren't very needed in Europe
>banter around a bit
>Americans get offended and write half a site long responses on why Europeans are supposedly offended

hmm

>Why are you guys so easily offended?
You were so butthurt you have to make a thread, and then you got BTFO on your own thread.

How does warm ketchup cool down hot fries?

with a cool hawaiian song

But Chicago is still a lot colder than Italy and most of Europe, since it's in a colder climate zone.

It's not all about South/North

In America weathers are generally more extreme with hotter summers and colder winters and also more tornados, hurricans etc., while in Europe weathers generally stay in a range.

That's why Americans have a bigger need for both: A/Cs for summers, warm clothes, winter-suitable SUVs etc. for winters

>throw away ketchup
>buy mayonnaise
>profit

>microwaving water
>ketchup on the fridge
>making a house so shitty it needs air conditioning

>be american
>microwave your water
>put mayonnaise on pizza

I was thinking about this the other day when I was sweltering away in bed Seriously considering setting up an air conditioning business. Nobody has one. Shit is getting hot with global warming and we are a rich country so many can afford them. Business could be booming.

You're not as wealthy as Americans and your day to day life is third world in comparison to the US
That's why anyone with a good degree over there tries to come here
If I sound angry it's because I am, nothing to do with this thread

*steals idea*

>ywn be this mad after being BTFO in your own thread
Not even 7-1 took a toll so heavy on me.

Yes, goy, do it.

What the fuck you don't do that?
It's much faster

get on of those mitsubishi ones they're great

and ireland seems to be getting warmer and warmer it'll be a tropical resort soon

The modern floor standing models work as dehumidifiers and heaters too. They could be real popular over there

just get a lighter duvet tbqhf

Are you okay lmao

based delonghi

>this is what Americans actually believe

People value your private schools to GET a degree, but otherwise it's just actors, musicians etc. who move to the US

In the past, many European working-class plebs moved to the US to chase "the American dream", but those days are long over.
Now all you get is Mexicans.

I don't have it, and I live in the south of Europe, below 41ºN, most people have much colder summers than me.

Even after the scorching week we just had, the temperature didn't rise above 25ºC in my house, I find it a pleasant temperature, I think I would need 45ºC max temperatures during a month to feel the need for it

Mate if anything you should consider starting an insulation business, all your houses built before the 80s are cold as shit, which is bad when it's fierce mild and chilly from september to april.

Reminder that some Europeans still have outhouses lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

>being this butthurt

That's exactly what I have and I fucking love it

I've been sleeping naked, no duvet and window open.

They are probably really expensive to run. We are very frugal. I'm going to do serious research tonight.

>tfw it's 105F/40C outside and you come home to the A.C. at 65F/18C

>tfw its 18c outside and 18c inside