Sweet Trip

Can we talk about how a group of literally who spics created one of the greatest albums of all time?

can we talk about how this album only got popular in 2016

>one of the greatest albums of all time
Maybe if you've heard five albums and the other four are all Coldplay albums

There's a lot of hit and miss on here, but ffs they hit it perfectly so many times, especially on Design 2:3, I still can't think of a better closer to an album.

It's always been posted often on Sup Forums but never enough to be fully considered Sup Forumscore

Basically any "underrated 10/10s" thread would be guaranteed to have this album posted eventually

I don't care when it got popular, it's been discussed on Sup Forums for years.

you must have been here like 2 years

barely anyone talked about this album until 2015, the rym ratings show the exact same thing

I've seen this album posted on Sup Forums since 2011 newfag.
Sweet Trip was already considered honorary Sup Forumscore

I enjoyed it myself but I don't get why it's such a big deal.

According to last.fm I first listened to this album in 2013 and I discovered it from it being posted regularly on Sup Forums so you must be mistaken.

1. Design: 2:3
2. International
3. Sept
4. Dsco
5. TATDOTWAR
Objective track ranking

Me neither, it's basically just an autistic version of Stereolab with some OTC and Mouse on Mars thrown in

Chocolate Matter > Dsco > Design 2:3 = Fruitcake and Cookies > Tekka >>> rest

No it was not

of course it is now, but if you're implying that everyone already considered it to be Sup Forumscore before 2015/2016 you're fucking lying

doesn't make it Sup Forumscore

on rym the fucker barely had 1000 ratings before 2015

>honorary Sup Forumscore
>Sup Forumscore
pick one
Also I people discussed pic related and hyped it up back in 09' and 2010 when it came out. People constantly posted in shoegaze discussion threads

I specifically said it wasn't posted often enough to be Sup Forumscore retard, but every time the subject of "underrated masterpieces" came up this album was invariably posted

It's like Long Fin Killie or Disco Inferno, an album that's posted just rarely enough to be considered underrated, but posted so often under the subject of underrated albums that it can be called an overrated underrated album.

>Sept not even in top 5 tracks

I remember the first time I listened to sweet trip was when I was on a long road trip. My gf had just broken up with me at the time. As the sun was setting, the clouds all had a beautiful pink hue, and international started playing. One of my most beautiful experiences listening to music.

wtf I thought they were asian

If this album was more like 45~50 min it would be 10/10. It overstays its welcome.

>I have ADHD so this album isn't as good
..?

>i enjoy watching paint dry so anyone who doesn't must have ADHD

>no chocolate matter
>no velocity

>group of spics
really? damn...

Spics unironically are the most talented at music
See arca

Hehehe that's very funny but also very wrong.

Arca live was unnerving as hell.
The screams :/

Anyone think Halica is better? I used to, I'm unsure now though
Arca sucks

>Arca sucks
It's okay to be contrarian, that's what all the cool kids do buddy!

Come on man, don't give me that. I just don't like his sound, that's all.

I was listening to this back in 2011
You're all plebes

musta been a sweet trip amirite guys

Uh I've seen this album posted in 09, probably earlier as well.

Merriweather Post Pavilion came out in 09 and I definitely already had this album.

it was though...

Here's your reee

Unpopular opinion from a fan of both shugazi and IDM: this album isn't that great.

I think you must be new, been seeing VDC threads since at least 2012

:0

But thats not Deloused

you must be new this shit was posted on the board easily before 2013

i had a dm exchange with valerie on last.fm

you cant beat that lads

post it or untrue

>no Dedicated

The absolute state of Sup Forums. Just delete this shit board already ffs

do me a favor post that shit

its nothing too interesting, her username is valycoop but shes never rly used the account

nigger my favorite album is 2hrs long, I'm just saying the ideas here get tired after a while, and they could have accomplished what they did more concisely

but then it wouldn't have felt like a sweet trip, now would it?
more like a sweet average lengthed album

one of the most overrated "underrated" albums that exist. its fusion of rock + electronica may sound exciting (a bit more probably if you haven't paid attention to the post-rock scene before the 2000s, which unsurprisingly sweet trip fans haven't) but it rarely manages to trascend the "what it could have been" into something tangible

exhausts its ideas too quick, doesn't succeed in most of the ways both genres do, and all you get is some average shoegaze ambience with a few "idm" electronic flavors on top.

bah

i'm still waiting for the sweet trips in this thread.

Also the album is a 10/10

absolutely pointless comment, the album just wasnt for you, dont try to project your feelings on others or try to make like this is fact, i understand your opinion, but its just that.

Why does no one ever discuss you will never know why, its the GOAT

>muh subjectivity
He's completely right, go back to r/music.

>t. pleb

Here you go.

Fuck off numnuts

right here

fffffff