I liked it

I liked it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4
youtube.com/watch?v=QDqgyxw0igs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would be good without the heavy meme songs.

I liked everything except the heavy metal parts

doesn't top dwanaland

This.

Beginner's Luck is one of their best songs.

FMB > POLY > Sketches > Murder > GBS

POLY>FMB>Murder>GBS>Sketches

Sketches > GBS >>> POLY > FMB > Murder

this actually
sketches was one of the most refreshing things i've heard all year
>inb4 it's derivative psych blah blah blah
i haven't heard anything like it and it was a great fusion of two excellent bands

FMB>GBS>sketches>>POLY>>Murder

Superposition makes me think that King Gizzard should score Space Mountain in Disneyland.

Sketches is amazing, I can't pick a favourite but Bootgum feels less consistent than the other four albums

>sketches was one of the most refreshing things i've heard all year
lol no
just listen to Mild High Club releases and STFU, Sketches was sub-par by their (and KG&tLW) standards.

Correct ranking:

poly>fmb>gumboot>motu>>>>>>sketches

In my opinion it's one of the best tracks they've ever released

Should i start here?

They have so much shit out that you can start anywhere. I'd recommend anywhere between their material between 2015-17, it's some of their best imo.

Holy shit dude just kill yourself already.

This album sucks lmao, Alex brettin has the most unlikeable voice of all time

>poly not #1
what the fuck

I think that maybe tihs band would be good if they stopped trying to do gimmicky shit (HURRRR 5 ALBUMS IN YEAR HURRR; our whole album loops lol its shit that loops a shitty lopp) and focused on making a honest to god good album

just my 5 cents

But the album that loops is one of their best

Gumboot Soup showed why the gimmicks were good for them. Whether you liked the albums or not (I did) the project gave the band experience in different genres, time signatures, instruments, etc

this desu, although they should definitely continue to experiment, the gimmicks aren't really good enough to keep the album going all the way through.

FMB > sketches > murder > poly > gbs

>shitting on nonogon infinity

wew lad

Their worst album

Soyboys

Terrible production and it has an annoying tone that the band hasn't been able to let go of ever since.

Poly>gbs>fmb>sketches>murder

I love King Giz but I can't stand how shitty they sound in studio
how do they record their drums to make them sound that bad? especially in Nonagon Infinity, the songs are dope but the mix is horrendous, why??

Yeah, it was good.

I find it interesting that their best album is also the one that they released for free.
Pretty sweet.

>not enjoying random WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo's

what's wrong with u

first listen
it's like a more interesting Polygondwanaland.
Has interesting bits and cool effects but otherwise pretty tame and simplistic.

I like Nonagon a lot but I agree it's production doesn't do it justice

A damn shame too.

see them live then you'll understand

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man I thought I was the only one who thought that.

The vocals killed that album for me

GS was a lot of fun
>dat Purdie shuffle on Beginners Luck
>I PREFER THE MUDDY WATER

GAMMA

Have you ever seen them live? IT'S A THOUSAND TIMES WORSE.
Also, it's full of catchy melodies, the producton is interesting and it's the less generic of the bunch. Still, Gumboot Soup has a similar sound and it's a bit more serious, so I like it a bit more. It's a shame it has those harder songs, 'cause they suck.

I liked all is known and greenhouse, I agree chain of being is meme shit though.

FMB > Poly = GBS > Sketches > Murder

This

you people could not be more backwards.

As the REAL biggest GIZZ fan on this board the official ranking is:
Murder
Banana
Gumboot
Poly
Sketches

Pathetic taste, honestly

nonagon would have worked better as a live album, every song from that album live absolutely slays. i've seen them close to like 10 times, i just live in their local area.

murder > banana > poly > whatever

But have you seen them 8 times like me?

Why on earth would you do that to yourself?

Because I love myself

Well that’s because you’re a GizzFag

their show is fucking amazing dude.

they have one of the best live acts I've ever seen. tons of energy and very clean sound

POLY > MOTU > GBS >>> FMB > Sketches

It's kinda crazy how divided the fanbase is. I suppose it goes to show how many different kinds of people they draw in.
The top albums people seem to enjoy are
>Polygondwanaland (my personal favorite)
>Flying Microtonal Banana
>Nonagon Infinity
>Murder of the Universe
Does this sound correct?

Beginner's Luck is so damn good

It's really interesting to speculate on which album these songs might have almost gone on. Some of them seem totally disconnected from the rest of their work this year.

Overall I get much more of a
>we saved all the 'hit singles' for this one
impression than
>we just threw together our b-sides so that we could fulfill the 5-album promise

love beginner's luck
the heavy songs are superb, broaden your horizons

Polygon = Gumboot > Han Tyumi > Flying > Sketches > Altered = Lightning

Realistically this was the artist of 2017 hands down.

Loyalty > Loyalty

yeah sketches was legit elevator music. thats why no one cares

FMB=Gumboot>Murder>Polygon=Sketches

What about Quarters? Paper Mache? Float Along? They're some of my favourites!

Well of course the older stuff is good he's just talking about this year

Oh, I thought he was talking abut their discography (cause Nonagon is there)

DUDE

SICK WEED

>breaking down MotU into chapters but not Poly
Horology > Crumbling Castle > Lord of Lightning = Han Tyumi = Polygondwanaland > Tetrachromacy > Altered Beast

Melon confirmed in his livestream that the Gumboot Soup review is coming the week after Classics Week. Predictions?

I personally think it's a strong 7 to light 8 but would be surprised if he gave it that.

I bet he'll give it a 6

LMAO WEED DUDE!

Why does the kick drum on I'm Sleeping In sound so shit?

I don't think they're all offcuts from the other four albums. All is Known was being played at the FMB launch shows so that one's for sure. I think the rest are just songs that they wrote for albums that never came together.

Beginner's Luck is now the king of poker songs kicking off Kenny Roger's The Gambler.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

Sketches took the best aspects of Mild High Club and made them better and axed all of the things that made their albums sub-par.

is this king gizz's most undeniably patrish moment?

youtube.com/watch?v=QDqgyxw0igs

you wouldn't think so from all the pickle riffs, but they know how to unlock their hearts when they want to, and speak some real truths

GBS > POLY > Sketches > FMB > Murder

objective rating

I really fucking love Gizz, but sometimes I wish they would write more songs like Work This Time as opposed to MOTU.

Step aside, boys.
Sketches > FMB > GBS > Murder > POLY

Poly>Gumboot>Banana>Sketches>Murder

This was a good year.

He likes their heavy stuff and he also like Paper Mache so I feel like he will probably give it a solid score.

Gumboot surprised me in how good it was desu, I didn't expect to like it more than the other albums but your ranking is mine (with sketches and Murder tied at a light 7)

this unironically

Patently untrue

This but the opposite ranking
I was able to enjoy the fantastical atmosphere they were going for with Polygondwanaland, and it had pretty strong second half. Gumboot Shoe is pleasant enough but it lacks direction, it feels redundant in the face of all of their discography up to now

I could honestly see a light 6, he's been pretty lukewarm on most of their output this year and GS doesn't even stack up to Poly or Murder imo

>POLY as lowest of the 5

Spoken like a true contrarian. Step up Nigga.