Why don't funny people exist anymore?

Why don't funny people exist anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4HMwVMP_ZyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they do you just have to actually look for them as the media isn't shoving them in your face
also chris was never funny and just on the same level as kevin james except farley screamed more

they do if they are good actors. comedy specialty actors are shit

Nah Chris was far funnier, but nice trips anyways

They do. You're just a pretentious fuck.

Name some

They do. They didn't all die when Chris died. Is that what you think? They all died when Chris Farley died. Because that is false. Incorrect. WRONG.

Got it, cunt?

tl:dr answer: funny memes on the internet replaced comedians

longer answer: attention spans are diminished by the social media/ meme environment. sitting through a stand up performance, listening to the person simply talk, without video accompaniment or sound effects, having to use your imagination to understand the performer's story, exert actual mental energy via attention, puts stand up comedy or even sketch comedy at a disadvantage.

case example: SNL's ratio of traditional sketches to "video shorts" has inverted

>chris was never funny and just on the same level as kevin james except farley screamed more

this is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site and I'm an oldfag.

Because having a more tolerant progressive society means comedians and their material have to be prescreened by a committee

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Stand-up is getting huge right now, just look at the money netflix is giving comedians lately. New clubs are popping up and midweek shows are sold out. Memes have definitely influenced the comedy environment but in a positive way.

Being funny is offensive

What the fuck did you just say to me? You're fucking dead kiddo.

Comedy died with Rodney

youtube.com/watch?v=4HMwVMP_ZyM

>funny people don't exist anymore

both of you are probably unfunny faggots who can't tell a joke desu

Why do boomers think this fat faggot is funny?

YES. I'm glad this is gaining traction.

I agree with the second poster, I literally just got back from a comedy show in a bowling alley that had a pretty healthy crowd, People wanna laugh, memes are just a new vehicle that comedians can use.

Was this supposed to be funny?

Hes like any other black kid in a fried chicken shop in london

apologize

Chris Farley is legit but he would be regarded as cancerous reddit shit if he didn't die before most of you were born.

>mfw I was not only old enough to remember Chris' death but appreciate his work on SNL and movies beforehand

norm macdonald
louis ck
john mulaney

because people no longer have a sense of humor

>posts picture of james corden
>claims funny people don't exist anymore

umm.....

Comedy in movies has been owned and controlled by Jews for a long time at least the mainstream ones that's why they're all utter dog shit. If you want any hope of finding any that are good at all you'll have to look through the Indy ones.

>(((comedy)))

They do. They are decomposing in the van by the river.