What are the most satisfying action scenes?

What are the most satisfying action scenes?

I'd say Neo vs. Smith in the first Matrix movie. Just that moment of Neo turning around and standing his ground against the Agent after being told that the only option against agents is to run just gives me chills everytime.

>I'm going to enjoy watching you die...MR. ANDERSON!

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/176714189
youtube.com/watch?v=yO-3WOtNIYg
youtube.com/watch?v=mjmBGgEkFpg
youtube.com/watch?v=CG4S6582MbQ
youtube.com/shared?ci=Jle28BSRkCk
youtube.com/watch?v=0S0ANvt6kEg
youtube.com/watch?v=PcZtg2TRnjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The scene in Brotherhood of the Wolf where Fronsac is revealed to be a badass and trashes the Gyspy Camp.

This is a great one my dawg.

My favorite "action scene" is basically the entire second half of T2. From the takedown of the Teledyne until the end of the movie, the action doesn't stop at all. And it's done so, so well.

Car chase in the beginning of the original Transporter
Also the scene in the same movie where Jason Statham beats the shit out of everyone with bicycle peddles, car grease, and a fire hose

Last 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. Less gore more pure military action.

I tried to think of something better but I honestly can't top that scene in terms of satisfaction/catharsis/whatever. It had the heroic setup and importantly the heroic score to match.

Most action movies are frankly too autistic to hit the same notes; it's either some corny 80s American style shit that you can't take seriously or some overchoreographed, technically impressive but completely unmoving Asian joint.

Winter Soldier Highway Fight. Has a perfect amount of buildup for a fucking amazing fight scene.
>that score
>that knife handling
>that flying knee

can you believe they wanted will smith as neo? a FUCKING NIGGER AS NEO? OH MY FUCKING GOD

Sicario bridge scene.

>ctrl-f
>john wick club scene
>0 results

This scene from X-Men First Class was really satisfying

vimeo.com/176714189

It actually felt out of place, like something from a much more interesting movie entirely about a young Magneto.

The entire Shoot em up film. Shallow or not, you can't deny just how fun it is front to back, no matter your persuasion.

Same thing with the crank films. There aren't fight action sequences as gratifying as those in the matrix or martial arts films like the raid or the raid 2 but still fucking dope.

Operator as fuck.

recent ones that come to mind
>BvS batman warehouse scene
>Winter Soldier Highway scene
>John Wick Club scene

kukot

youtube.com/watch?v=yO-3WOtNIYg

:P

THE RAID, ALL OF IT!!!FACT!!!

This. FUCKING THIS.

Church massacre from kingsman

yeah this
the raid is most satisfying martial arts/ action movie in like the past 10 years

Does end of snatch count?

This scene in an incredibly under rated movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=mjmBGgEkFpg

>Hallway fight in Oldboy
>Robbery in Heat
>Helms Deep
>Actionscene in 13 Assassins
>Hospital Shootout in Hard Boiled
>Hotel shootout in No Country for Old Men
>Lobby scene in The Matrix
>First 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan
>Tokyo fight in Pacific Rim

these are the best action scenes of all time

The rematch between Rocky and Mr T in Rocky III

god, The Matrix really is the greatest movie of all time. It's literally perfect from start to finish.

>Posts with no links all over the thread
How can you expect me to live through the cinematic experience without the video?!

The score in that scene is fucking 10/10

Reminder that the neo-smith fight scene is just part of a 40 minute action sequence which starts with the lobby shootout, progresses to the rooftop bullet time scene, the morpheus heli rescue, the heli crash, the subway fight, the chase through buildings, and ends in the fight in the building.

Name another movie that combines so many memorable action scenes into a single sequence, you can't

>Robbery in Heat
This was the most intense shootout I've seen in a movie

W H A T · I S · T H E · M A T R I X ? · F O L L O W · T H E · W H I T E · R A B B I T · Y O U · A R E · M Y · P E R S O N A L · J E S U S · C H R I S T · Y O U · N E E D · T O · U N P L U G · W H A T · I S · R E A L ? · O U R · W A Y · O R · T H E · H I G H W A Y · I · T H O U G H T · Y O U · W E R E · A · M A N · W H A T · G O O D · I S · A · P H O N E C A L L · I F · Y O U · A R E · U N A B L E · T O · S P E A K ? · W H E N · Y O U · A R E · R E A D Y · Y O U · W I L L · N O T · N E E D · T O · D O D G E · B U L L E T S · T H E R E · I S · A · D I F F E R E N C E · B E T W E E N · K N O W I N G · T H E · P A T H · A N D · W A L K I N G · T H E · P A T H · T H E R E · I S · N O · S P O O N · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W E L C O M E · B A C K · C O O K I E S · N E E D · L O V E · D O D G E · T H I S · F O R · Z I O N ! · R E D · P I L L · B L U E · P I L L · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · N O T · L I K E · T H I S · I · K N O W · K U N G · F U · I F · Y O U · A R E · K I L L E D · I N · T H E · M A T R I X · Y O U · D I E · H E R E ? · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · T H A T · T H A T · I S · A I R · T H A T · Y O U · A R E · B R E A T H I N G ? · T R I N I T Y · H E L P ! · W H O A · N E O · I · B E L I E V E · S I R · W E · A L R E A D Y · L O S T · T H E · D O C K · W E · H A V E · B E C O M E · E X C E E D I N G L Y · E F F I C I E N T · A T · I T · T O N I G H T · L E T · U S · S H A K E · T H I S · C A V E · E R G O · Y O U · H A V E · A L R E A D Y · M A D E · T H E · C H O I C E · I · H A V E · D R E A M E D · A · D R E A M · B U T · N O W · T H A T · D R E A M · I S · G O N E · F R O M · M E · V I S · À · V I S · W H Y · M I S T E R · A N D E R S O N · W H Y ? · W H A T · D O · Y O U · T H I N K · I · A M · H U M A N ? · N E O · W H E R E V E R · Y O U · A R E · T H A N K · Y O U

Please, Born to fight got a 40 minutes climax with thai athletes fighting against army men, bonebreaking stunts, motos on fire, kick to the trachea, and explosions. Best climax ever.

The raid:redemption and raid 2 off the top of my head, Pretty much the entirety of THE Raid:redemption was one long collection of fight scenes and The last 40 minutes to hour of raid 2 is balls to the walls action.

Just because US directors can't figure out how to shoot/make a decent action film dosent mean the rest of the world has the same problem.

The battle at Amon Hen (The battle at the end of FOTR where Boromir dies)
Honorable Mention: The whole Raptors chasing the kids scene in Jurassic Park

youtube.com/watch?v=CG4S6582MbQ

youtube.com/shared?ci=Jle28BSRkCk

final lap of speed racer is great too. tranny brothers always knew how to get those final scenes built up.

The Raid films are overrated. The camera work and the fights are sloppy.

The music from the best jason statham fight scene

damn first transporter is great

youtube.com/watch?v=0S0ANvt6kEg

I don't know why I'm drawing a blank. I guess I haven't seen any memorable action films for awhile now. Rewatched Children of Me and basically that end scene in it is the first time I've been mesmerized this year. That movies so fucking good.

- Basically every fight in The Duellists. Every scene is filled with so much tension.

how so?

Sup Forums here
Is this scene whats it like to achieve CHIM?

You have to watch the movies to feel actually satisfied by the scenes.

Imagine this scene with somebody who isn't Fassbender.

How is he so god damn good at bar scenes?

When Preston demolishes the police squad to save the puppy.

This scene is way too over choreographed and has too many special effects

That uninterrupted scene in the Guardian where he makes his way up the spiral stairs.

not even close

Despite everything wrong with this movie, this was a pretty okay scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=PcZtg2TRnjM

Kind of overblown but Achilles vs. Hector in Troy(2004) is pretty great.

overrated as fuck. I checked that part on youtube since everyone had a crazy wankfest over it, 'omg the church scene, hella fuckin epic'. meh, nothing special, the fight are too coreographic like 80s asian kung fu films, and the bloody parts were cartooney at best.

Never seen the movie that scene was gut tho
>How is he so god damn good at bar scenes?
Mad Men remake with Fassbender when

This
Also iron man vs cap and bucky at the end of civil war
Why are the russos so based?

Okay you queer

The camera is obviously trying to be an action movie, which leads to some shaky cams and quick jumps. This isn't so bad but when the goal is show off Silat as a martial arts, it makes it look like they're just flailing about. Also, the choreography has some weak parts. I think westerners really loved it because it has a great shock factor to it due to the gore. But as someone who grew up on the genre, it is kind of overrated.