Can we all agree Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars?

Can we all agree Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5>4>2>3>1>6

note: the sjw new ones are not star wars

Yes besides Empire though

I think most of agree.

Epin reddit meme!

Best Trio of Films

This. SW is generally trash except for ROTS and ESB.

Fuck no

Epin reddit response

They had Gilroy completely rewrite this hacks work, SJW are on their way out.

kys

strictly from a cinematographic view yes cinematogrpahically it was

Objective order
5>4>3>6>1>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Disneyshit

ROTS had shit dialogue that I can't get over.

This is a good order

ALRIGHT LISTEN TO ME YOU POLE-POPORTIONED DENDROPHILES! IF YOU TRY TO SAY THAT REVENGE OF THE SITH IS GOOD OR EVEN REMOTELY DECENT I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU. I'M GOING TO STRING YOU UP BY YOUR FUCKING FORESKIN UNTIL GRAVITY GIVES YOU A BOTCHED CIRCUMCISION AND PLAY IT LIKE A FUCKING VIOLIN! I'M GOING TO HEADBUTT YOU UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING BUT A BUTT LEFT! YOU BETTER BELIVE YOU'RE GOING TO WISH THAT YOU WERE NEVER BORN, BECAUSE I'LL MAKE IT SEEM LIKE YOU NEVER WERE, YOU ATROCIOUS FUCKING BOIL ON THE FACE OF REALITY!

+18
Return Of The Jedi is the best Star Wars film

And TFA didn't?

>5>4>2>3>1>6
>AoTC above anything

This is an 18+ website faggot

Just because you saw ROTS in theaters doesn't mean it's the best

5>6>3>2>4>1>>>>>>>>>

Just because you saw ROTJ as a kid doesn't mean it's the best

2 and 1 should be switched but otherwise this

BUT MUH CHILDHOOD

Phantom Menace > Attack of the Clones

ITT: a bunch of faggots who grew up with the prequels

5>4>6>7>3>1>2 is the only correct order, with 5 and 4 being interchangeable for the sake of preference.

No

7>6>5>4>3>2>1

Lol. LOOK AT THESE EWOKS THEY'RE ACTUAL PEOPLE DRESSED IN BEAR COSTUMES. THEY'RE FANTASTIC. MY KIDS WILL LOVE THESE MOVIES BECAUSE I DID.

ITP: a silly embryo faggot that can't think for himself so has to copy Rotten Tomatoes

Nice Reddit meme btw

Are you me? This is exactly my order.

6>4>3>6>1>2>7
Search your feelings
You know it to be true

I agree, except I think 7 and 3 are interchangeable as well. They have different strengths and weaknesses that appeal to different people but are basically films of equal quality.

>6>4>3>6>

...you're an idiot

>2 in the top 3
nigga wut

5>4>6>3>powergap>1>2>shit>8>7>aborted nigger fetus>rogue one

>this shit made it into a movie
>mfw most modern video games look better than this

>B-But it was eleven years ago!!1! It's justified!!!
No, it's not. Lucas should have hired more extras and paid some extra money to make more clone trooper suits, instead of being a jew and literally copy-pasting everything. CGI was unnecessary.

4>5>3>6>2>1>7
My opinion :^)

>someone who has definitely actually seen rogue one

>7 above anything
how to spot a pleb

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you mad because 7 was too much like 4? That was literally the best thing they could have done. It was safe. They didn't want the transition to be jarring like The Phantom Menace was. It was the perfect segway into the new generation.

It's a garbage movie.
It just looks better when compared to Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace.

No I'm mad the main character cant act and they could have chosen someone who could. She makes the same face 90% of the time shes on screen and her voice being british is somehow not cute and headache inducing.

Safe means forgettable, it was a rehash of both 4 and 5

Not bad user

Man Episode 7 was such a disappointment upon a second viewing, there's just no real creativity with it at all and it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all.
At least Episode 1 (despite all its shitty flaws) still has some feeling of the old movies with it.

>at least episode 1
>at least
lol the grasping at straws

It was a waste of an episode. Some people waited 30 years to see what happens after Jedi and they got that garbage.

This is the only true patrician Star Wars movie.

I killed a bunch of yuenglings last night in tribute to this movie.

it must hurt to be this miserable

3>5>7>4>2>6>1

Fight me.

What?
I'm just saying that despite being a bad movie it still has some of that old Star Wars charm that's completely missing in TFA.

now you're grasping at toothpicks.

>episode 1
>charm
Okay

Fuck you

I dunno maybe it's from enjoying it as a kid, which is weird since I didn't like AotC much either.

What are you babbling about?

I will never understand how or why people will list Attack of the Clones beneath the Phantom Menace.

now you're strawing at hands. I didn't think that was possible.

I saw them as they came out (yeah, I know I'm old as fuck)

>Star Wars
Literally blew my mind back in 1977. As soon as the movie was over, I got back in line and saw it again. We didn't think we would get a sequel or anything. We just thought it was a kick ass space movie.

>Empire Strikes Back
This was easily the best in the franchise for me, and evidently a lot of other people. It was darker, the stakes were higher, the acting was better, and it was so cool to get another Star Wars movie after the first one. The plot twist was mind blowing. The theater went dead silent. I remember my mouth was open and my heart was literally racing. Nothing will ever top that for me. Also, it ended on a cliffhanger, so we knew we would get another movie.

>Return Of The Jedi
The movie was strong, until the Ewoks appeared. I remember thinking that it was clearly aimed at kids, and I was disappointed after Empire was so dark. Luke's final confrontation with Vader and the Emperor is one of my favorite parts of the original trilogy, so there's that. It was a good conclusion, and I felt that the ending wrapped everything up nicely.

(Cont.)

>Phantom Menace
>wait like 15 years
>see TPM
Yeah, I was disappointed. Nothing more needs to be said.

>Attack Of The Clones
>maybe TPM was just a misfire
>surely this one will be an improvement!
>I don't like sand

>Revenge Of The Sith
At this point, I had no hope for another sequel. I just wanted Star Wars to be over. I didn't think there would ever be an episode VII. The movie was an okay closer, and it looked fantastic at the time, but it was forgettable.

>The Force Awakens
I didn't care for it the first time, but I loved it the second time. The new characters were charming, and I enjoyed seeing the old ones. I've known Han Solo for 30 years as a character, and I've seen him age with me, and I actually cried. It looked amazing, the music was great, the lightsaber duel at the end is my favorite in the entire franchise, and I have high hopes for the next movie. I know it wasn't entirely original, but I still had fun. It felt like POETRY done correctly, unlike the prequels. I'll admit that I cringed a little when I saw ANOTHER death star, though. That's probably my only complaint.

The acting and special effects are worse in AOTC

>Enjoying as a kid
ah yeah could be too

>The new characters were charming
Haha. TFA's biggest sin were the characters. I'll forgive Kylo Ren's edge since he's actually somewhat interesting, but Rey is just a disgusting mistake. As the film's leading protagonist, she has literally ZERO flaws, whether it's physically, mentally or otherwise. She doesn't develop at all through the film and she's a bore to watch as she's already a perfect character.

>Im having bad dreams
>better murder some children because this spooky hooded guy told me to

>this is how prequel haters perceive the fall of Anakin

Objectively correct.

no, but with rogue 1 being possibly the worst start wars film it makes start wars episode 1 look all that much better

Are you shilling or just baiting? I can't tell.

Old.fucking.man.
Also 7>
Pleb.

He literally goes from "I just want to save my wife because I love her" to murdering children in like 5 minutes. Its not believable.

Now this is shilling!

Well, he wanted to save his wife, and Palpatine saw he was already in a vulnerable state because the Jedi council rejected him. He was able to convince Anakin the sith path offered more power, and the ability to save his wife. It's not like it was a sudden change, Anakin still reported to Windu that Palpatine was Sidious, but the political actions and hypocrisy of the Jedi really put the final nail in his coffin. He was convinced not only that adopting the dark side could give him the power he'd always craved, but that the Jedi were not the good he had been led to believe. His killing of the children came much later, simply as part of the plan to get rid of all the Jedi. Anakin was crazy and unstable, and he was played by Palpatine, it's not that ridiculous of a turn of events

>All these people now pretending the prequels were good

RLM was right.

Fuck off. RLM was never right. People just didn't hate the prequels until those hacks went full autism on them.

People shat on them even before the Plinkett reviews. Why are you lying to us?

V > III > IV > VI > I > VII > II

No, it was shit when I saw them in the theater, and its still shit today.
Jar jar was the worst idea in movie history, annoying and stupid.
kid Anakin comes a very close second.
I actually laughed out loud in the cinema when Darth Vader shouted NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The list of crap in these turds is endless.
RLM just crystallized the more in depth smegma.
Bad remains bad.

Except that's not true though. Sure, most people didn't think they were God's gift to mankind, but I remember even the most hardcore Star Wars fan enjoying both Kenobi and Jin in The Phantom Menace.

They were solid movies that tried new things, and a lot of people liked them.

Until reddit praised Plinkett and his 19 hour autism-rants as the new Messiah, and everyone turned against the prequels.

I agree fully. I dont hate 3 and 7, they are both just kind of disappointing on an equal level.

>... the most hardcore Star Wars fan enjoying both Kenobi and Jin in The Phantom Menace
Are you fuckin high?
No really?

Fuck off back to RLM you cunt. Unless you were 20 when you saw The Phantom Menace, you had no problems with it. Sure Jar Jar was annoying, but C3PO wasn't any better in OT.

I was there, I saw E1 on premier day, and my older brothers, who worshiped OT, literally loved it. Everyone I met did. It was only a few years later that people started hating it because suddenly that was the cool thing to do.

It's second to Empire but no doubt is great

>...but C3PO wasn't any better in OT
C3PO is genius of comedic timing and coherency compared to Binks.

Keep denial.

My nephew, myself and two buddies went to see TPM. After five minutes I though WTF is going on here? After half an hour it was over.

Man that's when it looks good too, when that one Clone helps Amidala up in episode 2 it just looks jarring, like the animator couldn't figure out what actual human posture looked like,

Ah hahaha.
Bad is bad, and you can polish these turds as much as you want, they're still turds.

There was literally nothing objectionable about either performance. McGregor as Kenobi was one of the best casting choices in modern cinema, especially considering he was taking over a role from a legendary deceased actor.

Same here. Phantom Menace was my favorite childhood film and I collected all the toys, loved the games and worshipped Obi Wan and Qui Gon.

I had no idea people hated it until I went on the internet. Hell I had no idea people hated Jar Jar so much until I went on youtube and began watching videos thinking "what the hell is all this criticism?"

It might not even be the best of the prequels. It gets a lot of praise for its dark tone, for a 20 minute lightsaber fight, and for Order 66 feels. Here are a couple of things about RotS that you can feel free to debate:

>Why does a space battle shot in 2005 look worse, and provide less thrills than one shot in 1983 where you can see fucking matte lines everywhere and ships constantly disappear and reappear due to the limitations of optical printing 35mm film

>Why is the opening sequence to rescue Sheeve a giant tonal mess that isn't funny when it's trying to be funny, isn't tense when its trying to build tension, and doesn't provide any weight to the character's actions?

>The fight in Sheev's office is the worst lightsaber fight in the entire saga, even worse than man in a mask that can't see vs. ancient alec guiness.

>Anakin's turn is abrupt, silly, and makes the audience think that he's just a goddamn idiot and not a tragic figure

>How does Padme die of a broken heart, and if she died of dark force powers why weren't we the audience provided the slightest hint of this in the actual film.

>Why are all of the OT characters shoved into their Episode IV start positions 20 years early. Why wouldn't Yoda or Obi Wan continue their quest to find more Jedi survivors, etc...

RotS has the unfortunate task of having to wrap up all of the story of these prequels and all of the insane stupid shit leading up to it and it tries it's hardest to do so but really struggles with it. Anakin is loathsome and not in a narrative sense where he's the badguy we're supposed to loathe, but in the sense that you either feel nothing for him because he isn't believable, or you just view him as a retarded mook. It ultimately soured darth vader as a character, and the forced bridge to Episode IV makes this movie cling to the OT like a tumor.

This is correct.

TPM has the best fight scene

Ewan Mcgregor is very wry regarding his own performance. I suspect it has something to do with the script.

George just can't write dialogue. People have known that since the 70s. He just got too big for people to tell him he writes like a robot.

Can we get something straight? If you grew up on the OT then obviously you didn't respect Phantom Menace because it didn't pander to your nostalgia but if you grew up on Phantom Menace (like I did) then you absolutely loved it and regarded it as one of your fav sci fi films (like I do still to this very day with the amazing memories I have had of it).

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw

I agree with And it's true that the prequels has flaws and stretches that are hard to sit through. But that doesn't mean they're irredeemable. And I'd argue that in fact, the greater overarching story, world building, and visual aspect, outweigh the flaws. Read Richard Brody's review of RotS. There are great big things going on in the prequels, but people can't get past the flaws that, while undeniably present, have been blown out of proportion and become cool to hate