This board used to be tolerable, but now it makes me want to eat a pistol. why is that?

this board used to be tolerable, but now it makes me want to eat a pistol. why is that?

In mid 2014 the entire internet forgot what the word 'fun' means

my life used to be tolerable, but now it makes me want to eat a pistol. why is that?

Sup Forums ruined it

Winterfags

you licked a pistol and the metal tasted good
i did the same thing with a few batteries

we stopped being elitist and little kids started coming here and getting butthurt that we called queen and the beatles trash
wrong

There was a sense of community and people had fun. It was unique to this board. I'm not sure it could ever come back. Also being a newfag on Sup Forums was magical because you actually thought people knew what they were talking about.

The board died with mediafire

the combination of gamergate and the fappening ruined Sup Forums's legacy and then we memed a man into the presidency

what else is there to expect?

pretty much these two

i want to kill myself but am too much of a coward to do it

We've been in a disturbingly fast decline since 2013 or 2014. The election was the nail in the coffin, there is too much cancer for any of the boards I used to frequent to ever be like they used to be.

We all do user
We all do

Waifufagging

it's because there hasn't been another Mouth release

you're depressed

He's pointing at us!

>you actually thought people knew what they were talking about.
lmao I remember this

Every time coming on this board
>grimes
>cringe kpop threads
>waifu thread
>shity memes

I don't hate these things but goddamn its tiring to see the same shit ruling this board everyday.

>most posts in Sup Forums are just shit waifu or worship threads

this desu

why is neil so handsome?

anime and Sup Forums posting.

imo Sup Forums is quite possibly the only board on any imageboard on earth that has actually improved in the past year.

Sup Forums core doesn't really seem like a thing anymore

you're getting older

and Sup Forums was never good, polshit/waifus/lack of "elitism" (lmao) are just lame excuses

they pretty much ruined Sup Forums for me. I wish we could just collect and gas them all

mucore was always cancer
kys newfag

I keep seeing this "mediafire is dead" meme, but I can still upload and post files just fine

explain yourself

Yeah this
And everyone is so quick to jump to the fucking bait too. Like I hate Sup Forums as much as everyone else but the people who immediately reply and derail the entire thread into stupid /r/politics wankery make me want to choke on a revolver

Also this lmao

No Sup Forumscore is more of a thing than it has ever been
At this point it's like a 50/50 split between Sup Forumscore and whatever boring bullshit Pitchfork + Furjango are hyping this week but that's literally it. Nobody actually knows anything about music, nobody actually has interesting taste, but they're all too afraid to go against established opinion and risk outing themselves as a pleb so instead they just circlejerk the same 15 or 20 generic albums over and over because they already know nobody will disagree with them. I love Sweet Trip and Duster and Unwound as much as anyone else but if I never saw those fucking album covers again it would still be too soon

The only reason I kept coming here was for chart threads but lately I've listened to so much music from my city that anyone who saw it would pretty much know who I was immediately so I don't really have a reason to browse Sup Forums at all anymore. Which is honestly a blessing in disguise

this,

Truth 10000%

limp-wristed american dweebs in search of identity and a community ruined Sup Forums with their exhibitionist bullshit, furnishing it into a safe space for perpetual regurgitation of their "feels" music and perceived elitism

they're the reason we have shite like "Sup Forumscore", chart cancer and wikipedia screenshot genre autism. only these people could be vapid enough to post "holy shit it clicked"

Sup Forums posting is nothing compared to the rotten status quo of Sup Forums

pic related is partly responsible for getting them here, as are death grips, but the damage was already done way before that

Newfags, shitty mods, politics, shitty nu-memes, death grips

man this is just wrong, what really happened was the explosion of rap in mainstream music and all the incessant "meme rap" posting. I had to leave for a while cause half the the threads were either trying to have a discussion about hip hop and being derailed be people spouting "meme rap" or they were people complaing about people wanting to discuss "meme rap". Fuck I hate whoever coined that retarded phrase. Anyways indie died, rap took over, and this board was unwilling to cope with it, as result, it's far less active and filled with a bunch of yes men who unironically enjoy music made by furries about being a furries cause it's at least not "meme rap"

Oh yeah, and template threads. Fuck you if you create template threads and I hope you lose a fingernail.

This tbqh, I miss the days when you could guarantee there being at least 6 threads at any given moment discussing itoats, and threads would usually hit bump limits with actual insightful discussion.

I miss the days when there was at least two active ITAOTS threads on the front page.

It's hilarious. Spammed every single day and still never got as cancerous as Death Grips.

yeah it always confuses me whenever threads turn political and some baby chimes in with their hot opinion that "politics ruin every discussion", as if there's any actual discussion going on anywhere and not just

>chart.jpg
>nice taste my guy, btw check out the residents
>thanks my dude

at least the odd political discussion can turn somewhat interesting, but no, we have to clear space for the "post album guess fetish" threads because they're apparently music-related

mods are gobshites

there is literally nothing wrong with rap

>at least the odd political discussion can turn somewhat interesting
Yeah it's really interesting watching literal high schoolers yell "drumpf" and "nigger" at each other for 300 posts in a row

>at least the odd political discussion can turn somewhat interesting

And yet they never do because it's always extremists posting memery or screaming about. There DO exist interesting threads on every board that on the daily get derailed by political nonsense. Can't talk about Crystal Castles anymore because "womenz lie about raep", can't talk about Ariel Pink anymore because "Grimes said he's a misogynist", can't talk about Grimes anymore because "she's sjw", can't talk about musician x because he posted something remotely liberal on twitter, et fucking cetera. Ironic or not, this garbage has heralded the end of this fucking website.

a breath of fresh air compared to watching literal children argue about whether stooges are "protopunk" or "garage rock" for 300 posts in a row

>Off topic discussion causing anger induced heart attacks is better than on topic discussion

The monotony pisses me off too, but you're an idiot if you'd take Sup Forumschan over that.

If you don't want to talk about the Stooges then go to another thread
If you don't want to talk about politics you have nowhere else to go because like said as soon as anyone brings up an artist with any sort of political affiliation or controversy it shuts down the entire thread. It renders any actual discussion impossible.

Also "Sup Forums was already bad" is a terrible excuse. You're justifying making the board terrible by arguing that it's already terrible. And it's not even like anybody's political opinions are remotely original or nuanced in the first place. If I wanted to circlejerk politics I would go literally anywhere else on the Internet shut the fuck up

t. numale

Maybe there would be better suited to your psychotic rantings.

Typical standard response to someone who sees right through your paranoia and internet addictive psychosis.

>as soon as anyone brings up an artist with any sort of political affiliation or controversy it shuts down the entire thread. It renders any actual discussion impossible.
u do realize this is merely a reflection of the times we're living in right i mean you can't seriously believe that Sup Forums is immune to any of that?
artists' statements and positions should be discussed and examined in relation to their art, it's a good thing that's being ruined by polposters and sensitive little boys taking their bait

>You're justifying making the board terrible by arguing that it's already terrible.
no i agree that the Sup Forums shit has gone way overboard and i want it gone or at least dialed down. it's extremely tiresome because it's being done the same way and by the same types of people who fucked up Sup Forums in the first place i.e. kids who think this is the correct way to behave
but it's honestly not that big of a deal in the long run, there's always an irritating posting trend on here in one way or another

>your psychotic rantings
my what now

>now it makes me want to eat a pistol
You mean a bullet, retard.

>

Rap is garbage. Rap killed Sup Forums.

>u do realize this is merely a reflection of the times we're living in right

Shut the fuck up, I don't give a shit about le trump. It's no fucking different than Obama or Bush or any of those retards. You wanna complain about raycism or sexism or Trump being a meaniepants on twitter or someone complaining about Trump being mean, go to Sup Forums or MSNBC or Fox comments and rant there. We. Don't. Give. A. Fuck. Faggot.

because you're a soyboy cuck beta nigger

cringe

*tips fedora*

Seriously mate, we don't care. Take it to fucking Sup Forums. Don't discuss this shit here, it's not the board for it. You didn't shit this board up with politics during Obama, don't do it under Trump/

dude we have a senile nazi sympathizer in the white house it's going to fucking bleed into everything it's a big fucking deal. music, art, tv are all gonna be affected by this reality we live in. cover your ears, pretend we're not one crisis away from enabling act and fascism, whatever. good 4u. guess what, artists are gonna have an opinion. people of color, women, lgbt are gonna have an opinion. these are the groups of people making the best art right now. they're gonna say shit, and we're gonna not ignore it when it's such a big part of the work. got that? stop with your centrist bullshit and see the forest for the trees.

The best thing to do is not come here every day.
I visit maybe 1 or 2 times a month. It’s easier on the soul.

I don't come here for hot takes about Trump. I don't give a fuck about it. If you want to play pundit, go to Sup Forums, a news site comments section, twitter, anything but the music board.

I want 300+ post threads about shoegaze, your local music scene, the last song you listened to, indie, jazz, noise, freak folk, krautrock, funk, soul, post-punk, reggae, industrial, whatever. Not 300+ posts about trump.

Also it went to shit with Montie actually influencing reddit teens who thought their “posuer” meme was clever, so it swarmed the board to death for anyone talking about anything but Sup Forumscore & pop. So there’s my contribution to the whole thing.

easy for you to say as a white man eh? bathing in that privilege...

dude, it's just a fact of life right now. quit putting yr head in the sand. it will do you no good, people are gonna talk about this shit. it's too crazy to ignore, people are in fear, and art world is being affected. dont pretend its normal, its not.

i want more in depth music threads too, but doesnt mean we cant have politically related music threads. we can have both. post in both. personally i think Sup Forums should have a lower post timer. 60s delay is too much, make it like Sup Forums and Sup Forums where it's like 10 seconds.

i wish I could, imma maybe get a site blocker

im not a big fan of the popular rap artists either but to dismiss the entire genre when it's one of the biggest in music...no man no.

this

>what really happened was the explosion of rap in mainstream music
so you mean they end of the nineties?

good bait, a little overwrought perhaps
6/10

Start posting mediafire links in sharethreads or anywhere and see how long the file stays up.

lmao

why is everything "bait" to you Sup Forums retards

most people hate your fashy daddy, saying something negative about the fuckface isn't a troll. look it's true, this shit is fucking everyone up in society right now, it's just chaos. music is one of many sectors feeling the effects.

imagine this site was a german site around in 1933, imagine that Sup Forums was a thing and helped elect adolf hitler through meme magic. now imagine being on the music board during that time, being a music fan, you dont think a guy banning "degenerate art" ruling your country wouldnt be talked about? its a bit extreme and ridiculous comparison, but the same kind of principle appplies here.

lmao shoegaze babby wants to return to the warm safe space of his mom's womb, what a surprise

also u do realize that like half the genres u listed are explicitly political?? if ur this ignorant u have no business talking about music

Who are the jews reporting mediafire links on here? Show yourselves RIAA bootlickers.

>things that anger me: easily filterable shit

>l-literally hitler
ok now i know you're a troll

Regardless if they're political or not your political opinion doesn't matter and if you want to discuss the politics and not how the music sounds go to the politics board. If you want to discuss how politics influenced the lyrics, maybe that's ok. If you just want to grandstand about what you think about world affairs, no one cares gtfo.

it's an example. trump isn't literally hitler, but the impact is similar. he's closer to george wallace imo, the segregationist governor. he isn't out rounding up mexicans and muslims and blacks and lgbt (yet), but he is very incendiary towards these groups. his rhetoric emboldens people that want to murder these people, and by all accounts if you've been paying attention to the recent tell all book revelations and sources, behind close doors he's just as much of an ignorant racist as his supporters. the only thing keeping this guy in check is checks and balances, and you bet if something big happens he will declare martial law and shit will get NUTS. the art community is full of people reacting to this crazy shit.

the art community is diverse and full of people of color and the queer community, 2 groups trump targets. they're fucking frightened and reacting to it, as are many others. 50% of the country isn't white ya know, so they're not taking to kindly to this white supremacist emboldment business.

>how the music sounds

Not the guy you replied to but please explain to me how this would work in practice. I mean wouldn't you need to have a board filled with people educated in music theory for it to function on any decent level?

Well I mean it worked decently before. Sup Forums used to have threads hit bump limit just discussing random albums, and it's not like they were super educated in music. There was just good ontopic discussion about music and the songs and maybe the history and lore of the band. Now music threads die really quickly. I dont know why current Sup Forums can't do it.

I think you're paranoid. It wasn't cool to talk politics on here during Obama, it isn't cool now.

>why is everything "bait" to you Sup Forums retards
prolly because of the retarded hyperboles. what the guy is doing isn't even related to fascism, read a book ffs

he flirts with it in his rhetoric and emboldens fascists. the only thing stopping him from implementing fascism (or if you prefer racist authoritarian capitalism) is checks and balances in the us government. i said one fucking terrorist attack that kills hundreds, a 9/11 2, some drug cartel ms13 gang kills a bunch of people, shit like that, think big, trump will declare martial law and round up mexicans and muslims. not to mention the threat of nuclear warfare, oh boy thats another can of worms.

it's a ticking time bomb this presidency, the firecracker will go off if something happened in america. trump would go full putin, full hitler, and fast.

why the fuck would america – paragon of all things good, equal and multicultural, the biggest and richest and shiniest and best – allow shit to "get nuts"? what does this even entail? rounding up minorities in camps? killing them? widespread destruction of minority property?

launching nukes? are you high? any ideologues festering in the trump camp have been dealt with. trump's not dumb enough to fuck up a massive part of the country's work force because he hates mexicans, he's the fucking poster boy of shitty boundless capitalism that knows no ties to nations or legacies

My fist will flirt with your face and embolden your black eye if you don't shut the fuck up about le drumpf

It's your brain on neoliberalism. Too much CNN. It's just the flipside of the FOX brainwashing, same shit just flipped.

Guys, nobody even discusses music on anything other than a ridiculously shallow level on this board. It's all memes, shitflinging and teens who think they're the coolest kid in class 'cause they listen to Death Grips.

this fella's right on the money

You're describing 2013 Sup Forums half of this board hates Death Grips. Even then Sup Forums was more fun than this.

Was it ever not that?
There was more discussion about random albums and music recs at least. You could post a thread about NMH or Spiderland or Talking Heads and get 100 replies. I made a Talking Heads thread the other day, 12 replies. Meanwhile, the only music threads that get big replies are like fucking Brockhampton, Kpop, Grimes, Kendrick Lamar. What is there to say about these? That's not even including the thousands of SOY posts.

you guys need to stop being so fucking autistic about blacks and women. every single related thread is derailed by some shitflinging and stupidity

stfu about muh blacks muh women

Tell that to Sup Forums. I hate tumblr SJWs who go yass queen and talk about how we need more representation for POC noncis strong women and all that but there's very few of those here. Sup Forums ranting about race IQ and how women are all whores is pretty fucking annoying too.

This is a fine board, if not the best one on this site! I'm yet to see a useless thread here! Nothing wrong with it, it's perfect!

Lol I like rap, I'm saying this website attracts outcast white males as the main demographic and they're usually too faggy to listen to anything but a homosexual man whimper cry over acoustic guitars.

No retard, rock was still more listened to of a genre up until the last few years. It just began getting popular in the 90s but was still far behind rock.

probably why

You srs? Rap was huge in the 2000s. It's not some recent thing. Just because some boomers in the 2000s still listened to rock doesnt mean the youth didnt.