Can't believe SOTY came out this early!!

Can't believe SOTY came out this early!!

DOES

I like how some people only heard That's What I Like on the radio and think this is an entirely new Bruno Mars song

Why you trippin' on Finesse(you know it, you know it)

Am I think only one who wants to break Farti's nose?

are they pretending to be Digable Planets members?

I pretty much hate top 40 and I gotta admit it's fucking awesome as hell

Why does Bruno Mars music seem so manufactured?

Don't know what you're talking about, compared to everything else on the radio he's a pinnacle of talent and artistic integrity, the bar is damn low.

His main shtick since 2012 is just impersonating older styles of music but it's resulted in more listenable, enjoyable songs that will stand the test of time than anyone else occupying his realm of popularity at the moment has released.
Also that fucking Super Bowl show is the literal GOAT

Can Cardi B fuck off already?

Also this

>His main shtick since 2012 is just impersonating older styles of music but it's resulted in more listenable, enjoyable songs that will stand the test of time than anyone else occupying his realm of popularity at the moment has released.

one of the few good things about corporate pop in the 2010s is that somewhere along the way bruno mars learned how to have fun

The music video was pretty cool. I liked it.

I guess this is a new low of laziness for music labels, but I dig the song itself.

Also is it just me or are Cardi B's vocals poorly mixed?

2 unbearable industry plants

>Can Cardi B fuck off already?
She's nothing special (probably doesn't deserve so much attention) but she's not dogshit either. She uses wordplay, hasn't gotten to the point of completely phoning it in like Nicki yet, and I can understand what she's saying.
That being said, her presence on this remix is pretty inconsequential. But it does give it a little more of a "party" feel and she's cute in the video desu

It's fine at the beginning (not being super up-front and doubled is more realistic to rap vocals of the time period) but at the end she's definitely too low in the mix, the mastering in general is a little less punchy and good than the album version. But the mastering engineer for 24k Magic literally died last April so they couldn't have had the same guy do it

Oh no, I get that she's not bad, it's just that everyone's parading her around as amazing. She's very overrated and it just feels like she's being shoved in everywhere now so labels can have a new big female rapper in the scene. It's getting pretty annoying.

It's been a long time since they had one capable of drawing an audience on her presence alone, of course the corporate folks are going to milk it for all its' worth and overexpose her, not wanting to miss the boat.
Nicki Minaj was just as overpromoted in 2009-2010, their main goal is to make them a household name (which I think they've already succeeded at doing with Cardi).
In that sphere female rapper is still seen as a novelty (even though there's plenty of them out there on down-low or making non-commercial material), and the thing about novelty acts is you have to exploit them before they flame out. Whether or not she does probably depends on how much she continues to put effort into her material instead of phoning it in because "bitch I don't gotta try I'm famous" like Nicki wound up doing

Why do you let stupid people annoy you? Let them bleat on, just get away from people like that as quick as you can.

state of Sup Forums in two posts:
good
bad

t. stupid person

What is it about Cardi that’s made her such a huge success? She currently has four songs in the Top 10 right now. Probably has to do with her filling the niche of “popular female rapper”

>Cardi B
>An industry plant
I can’t stand her music but she’s been on the rise for years now even outside of music. Pic related, it’s from when she was popular internet personality/meme

>Also that fucking Super Bowl show is the literal GOAT

you share a board with these "people"

She had a hot trendy track that would have been big regardless of who made it, the fact that it was a woman (the first female rapper in 19 years to top the charts) made people pay attention.
So the label put all their money into advertising her and capitalizing on that attention