Has there ever been a perfect film trilogy? Star Wars comes close, but Return Of The Jedi is kind of a weak entry...

Has there ever been a perfect film trilogy? Star Wars comes close, but Return Of The Jedi is kind of a weak entry. The Dark Knight trilogy is good, but Rises is pretty weak. Same with the third Godfather film.

Evil Dead.

I suppose it's not an official 'trilogy' but it works and is closest to perfect I can think of.

Also maybe the 'before' movies with Ethan Hawk

LOTR is the closest perfect trilogy.

>memes
Seriously fuck off. Chances are, you haven't even seen Rogue One yet, and ROTS is some of the worst acting and worst special effects I've ever seen in a movie. It looks like a playstation 2 game.

of only return didn't let it down

>asking back to the future lotrfag plebs
No there hasnt
No it isnt peter jackson made damn well sure of it

not as big of a let down as Return of the Jedi, Godfather 3, Terminator 3, Alien 3 or Back to the Future 3
Lord of the Rings is definitely the closest

>Back to the Future 3
>let down.
>implying it isn't the best one in all three.

The first half of each Lotr movie drags it down. Alien 3's directors cut is passable, but nowhere near the quality of the first two.

Terminator 3 though is a pile of ass.

I'd like to say indiana jones but of course temple of doom is the weakest of sequels.

And while i'm here.

>The dollars trilogy.

Mariachi trilogy gets a honourable mention.
So does die hard.

>Second film is literally a remake of the first
No.

you seem upset.

Army of Darkness goes to shit halfway through when it becomes about training villagers to fight skeletons.

LOTR
Back to the Future
Dollars
Toy Story

dollars trilogy is the best mainstream movie trilogy there is, not a single bad film in the bunch and nothing that brings them down at all

I think temple of doom would be great if not for the tonal juxtaposition between the really great dark stuff and the weird kiddie humor. Shame, they couldn't commit to the darker, more fucked up tone and tried to balance it out.

Similar thing happened with Thunderdome (though obviously having 2 directors due to Miller being so upset over that guy's death hurt it too). If Thunderdome had continued being great after the first half then Mad Max would be the best trilogy of all time. Sadly, much like Temple of Doom, the 2 films in these series which strive to be most different ended up being the blacksheep. Temple of Doom in particular has some of the most interesting and memorable moments in Indiana Jones but it just feels so hollow. All that being said thunderdome is still way better than Fury Road

>thunderdome is still way better than Fury Road
lol, no as you said 1/2 of it is better, the rest is not

But the sum totals of both halves of Thunderdome add up to much more than Fury Road, therefore overall Thunderdome is better. Plus I would honestly rather watch the second half of thunderdome any day before I'd watch fury Road again

>second and third toy story
>good

If I'm not judging based on the quality of the individual films and just judging it's cohesiveness as a trilogy, the only ones that I can call "perfect" are Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, and the Before Trilogy.

You weren't shitting. BTTF and LoTR are completely overrated

Take out the Ewoks on Endor and edit Return of the Jedi to just be from the perspective of Luke and it is right away a 8/10 film.

>not realizing 2 is the best

Also, Dollars/Once Upon A Time trilogy

BttF3 sucked, it was awesome but it sucked

>Star Wars comes close
nah. empire is an uninspired, by-the-numbers sequel and rotj is a total mess.
>The Dark Knight trilogy is good
wait, is this bait?