Just got back from Universal Studios Japan

>just got back from Universal Studios Japan
>want to watch Harry Potter movies
>Japanese netflix doesn't have them

For fuck's sake. Why do they have to make watching movies legally so hard?

I'd torrent the ones I want to watch but apparently torrent is a really serious offence over here or some shit.

Get fucked

Netflix in Japan sucks. Hulu got to that market first. Although they probably don't have it either.

>what is a proxy

It's not working for me for some reason.

Something that has been detectable for at least a year

A banable offense.

They deserve to be watched in the highest possible quality OP. So fuck netflix anyways.

If you aren't living in nippon who cares if you torrent. Although I daresay you should torrent huge files and that would take longer than you want to wait, or you could torrent and in the meantime look for a rental store or some shit and rent the blurays, I have multiple copies of each but I can't help you.

I was in Japan last Christmas, and I went to the Universal Studios

It was really cool to be there, did you get on the ride in the Harry Potter? The Roller Coaster and whatever was in the castle?

I wanted to but the wait time for each ride was at least an hour and a half. Not worth hanging around, especially when those tickets to get in only had an hour duration on them.

Why would anyone want to watch the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

look guys hes on his 16+ hour fedora tipfest

>but apparently torrent is a really serious offence over here or some shit.
Not really, japan is just a little more proactive about prosecuting those cases than other countries. people still pirate constantly anyway, both with torrents and p2p programs like perfect dark

Every Netflix server that isn't in the US sucks anyways

Yep, it was really nice. And yeah, I had to wait an hour and a half too. At many points I thought about just giving up, but it was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks. I didn't even know they had rental stores here, I'll have to look for some.

And yeah, I don't live in the country but am staying here long enough that I'm worried that torrenting will get me tracked down and arrested or someshit.

That's good too know.

>Thanks. I didn't even know they had rental stores here, I'll have to look for some.
Oh I dont know if they do I figured if anyone still had old school styled rental stores or new age rental stores it would be the japanese.

if you don't actually live in japan just fucking torrent it. it's not like the police are going to bust down your door in a day or two for downloading harry potter.

>pretending to live in japan for the attention
>what a sad little shit

I just gave up and continued shopping.

I would have loved to have tried them but the day was coming to and end

I don't live in Japan, I'm just here for vacation. Why would I lie about that?

>poor little weeb gets triggered crying lies when someone mentions they're in Japan

every time

People actually travel to another country, you fucking basement dweller.

Why would he lie about that? No one except weebs care.

>vacationing in Japan
>wants to spend all day watching western movies
Why don't you do something interesting instead?

It's currently 22:03 and cold as fuck outside.

And as I said in the OP, I had just come back from Universal World. I'd say that's pretty interesting.

Tomorrow I'm going to fuck a prostitute. Is that interesting enough for you?

>vacation in japan
>doesn't spend his entire time pretending to be a rich white business man going out and fucking japanese bar sluts

try this instead

I'm not white.

what are you?

Lebanese. So a little brown.

Fun, I've been twice. but i lived there for 3 years. I missed AKB event during the summer/fall of this year.

What events do they have for Cool Japan right now? I'm going back for a month in a few days and was looking to go back if the rides were good.

As soon as the gates open you always dash to the harry potter land ticket place and line up at the 4d coaster, longest lines in the park.

Anime and doujinshis taught
me that brown people are gansta rape machines in the eyes of nips

I stood for 3 hours waiting for that damn Hogwarts ride and it was worth it. I almost threw up but I loved the entire fucking thing.

Too bad I got fasciitis the next day. But I really want to go back.

Still give it a shot. I bet there are tons of sex depraved Japanese women waiting for you.

When I went there I cut a huge majority of the line by sneaking in from the Harry Potter gift shop to where the locker rooms are right before you enter the castle. Shit saved me like 2 hours of waiting

>What events do they have for Cool Japan right now?

Well, there's a massive Christmas tree right in the middle of the park. And when it got dark people started gathering around the tree, and sitting on the roads. I didn't know if there was gonna be a parade or whatever, and I didn't wait as I went into the Terminator 2 "ride", but when I came out the tree was lit up by bright lights and there was really loud Christmas music.

Nice.

Hopefully. I heard that my best chance is in Roppongi, but that's where the African pimps are, and I don't feel like getting scammed a few hundred dollars.

I was thinking how easy it would have been to just go through that store and pretend I'm getting my belongings from the lockers. Too bad I didn't see it when I was walking through the main gate to get in line.

Is this the same guy who was getting Harry Potter threads deleted yesterday?

>African pimps
There are Africans in Japan?

you better be in japan long term and not just on vacation because if you are you are one sad motherfucker that you cant go one week without your kike propaganda

>implying comfy Christmas movies will be streaming when they would rather push you into buying them instead

>There are Africans in Japan?
in big cities like tokyo they are and on us army bases

And there's enough that they have a presence as pimps?

Did they still have the Evangelion stuff over there?

I'm here for 2 months.

Yeah, a decent amount actually. I can never tell whether they're tourists or residents though. The one's I've seen speak spoke Japanese.

Yep.

>Yep

Damn, I've really got to get over there while that part's still there. I want one of those Unit-01 popcorn tubs. I suppose I could order one on ebay, but it's just not the same. Not to mention, they're really goddamn expensive.

How do they handle the Terminator 2 show over there? It's not like they can have Japanese actors up there playing John, Sarah, the T-800 and T-1000.

Basically there's this video that plays which has the actual actors. And when the action moves to the stage, you follow the Japanese actors. The theater is pretty dark so you can't really see their faces. Sarah is wearing sun glasses, as is the T-800. John is wearing a bandana. But you can tell who's who from the body size/shape/T-800's leather jacket/T-1000s police uniform.

And of course the whole thing is in Japanese, even the video is dubbed over in Japanese.