youtube.com/watch?v=7o40za1wAlI
youtube.com/watch?v=TAX_QV00v_0
youtube.com/watch?v=8EdOdfCM1hM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lone standing tuuuuuft

youtube.com/watch?v=5-GPOr4DUaw

Agreed, this is the best scene btw

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
Ebert's a cunt, but he accidentally struck gold.

frank sucked

yikes

Barring documentaries and concert films, This Is Spinal Tap, Whiplash, and Ex Drummer are all fantastic
Also loosely-related stuff like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World are worth mentioning

I Love You All is so good.

Frank is a masterpiece. It's funny, quirky, witty, but also somber and dark at times. I fucking love Frank's character too.

*blocks your path*

>When your music can't sell itself so you need a feature-length commercial.

>need a feature-length commercial
???

Holy fucking pleb
Frank was 6/10 at best and about thirty minutes too long. And the music fucking stunk

>And the music fucking stunk

Unironically

Whiplash and Babydriver are the best recent normie-tier moovs.

If you go a bit deeper, Quiet Days in Clichy isn't directly related to music plot-wise, but a great deal of its greatness comes from its perfectly-timed, fantastic score.

inside llewin davis was cute.

brave move

Baby Driver was complete shit, what are you talking about

They might as well used an ">It Ain't Me starts playing" the soundtrack was so generic

the best
youtube.com/watch?v=t9IH-qVU5EM

The music is supposed to reference the different "Franks" through pastiche (including the real Frank himself in the Most Likeable Song Ever).

I loved Frank when I was a kid, he was often on local TV. Mark E. Smith always said the of Bard of Timperley did a better version of Hit The North and always introduces it as a cover of the Frank Sidebottom cover.
youtu.be/d0elCZT8yN0
youtu.be/PtRqEkwLap4

Across The Universe

>dude im like... Le wacky outsider that's allergic to normal people n stuff lol!

Stop. Yes the movie is quirky and the music is experimental but that's why I love it. It's pure beauty in a film. It's deeper than you may realize. It shows that it's better to be weird and yourself and others will love and accept you, not to be fake and try and just get attention and money because that will ultimately destroy you.

Frank is a genius. I love the character so much. I've seen the movie over 15 times and I never get sick of it. I've shown it to all my college friends and we love it. It's a classic. Some may not realize that yet but one day they will...

But that isn't what the film says. Frank's parents say he is really much more talented than his quirks ever allow him to express.

Repo Man obviously

Its fucking garbage. Everyone involved is far up their ass its incredible. Frank is fucking garbage and an example of le epic quirky indie culture that is finally long dead.

I don't know if I saw it so positive in message.
Frank has to do what he does, he's compelled and its just how he is. When he does try to do his version of pop music, everyone hates it. The main arc is our hero, who we see at the beginning rehashing a Madness song (something Frank could never do even if he wanted to), accepting that he is mediocre in a way that doesn't break him like it did the other guy (was he the producer? I can't quite remember, the other guy at the recording session anyway).

Its quite hard to accept you aren't going to be great at something that matters to you but its part of growing up I guess.

Backbeat isn't incredible but it's nice if you're a Beatles fan.

>It's deeper than you may realize. It shows that it's better to be weird and yourself and others will love and accept you, not to be fake and try and just get attention and money because that will ultimately destroy you.

Well said. It's excepting yourself I guess, even if you find yourself to be simply average or below in skill level. It's about not forcing yourself to be something you're not. It's self-acceptance.

Also the death of that guy Don really made me sad.

I think its hugely under-rated and unjustly forgotten.

Also the soundtrack is pretty nifty. At the time people complained it was "grunged up" but then you listen to the Star Club tapes and its not so different actually.

youtu.be/oFzL0X9pLNA

I've always wanted to put together a band that plays old rock and roll songs like this.

yep

>but then you listen to the Star Club tapes and its not so different actually.
Funny, that's part of the reason why I disliked the music. They claimed they made it sound harsher to better communicate the "feel" of that era to contemporary audiences, but the fact that those tapes show how the music they played was already proto-punkish as is makes the stylistic changes just feel weird and unnecessary. It just makes it sound really dated as a movie made in the 90's when the music would have been just as effective had it been played straight. The Star Club version of Long Tall Sally more than gets across the point that The Beatles played like lunatics at that time, further alterations just make it sound weirdly anachronistic.

I don't hate the movie or anything but it definitely has issues. I'm still waiting to get a good Beatles movie. Nowhere Boy was nice I guess.

Electroma

BUNTEH

>Frank
>No porkroll egg & cheese (on a kaiser bun)

>excepting yourself

In what way is Ebert a cunt

>college friends
Oh no someone is a young boy

lol

That was nice

iiiiiiii loveee youuu allll

>tame impala.mp4

Embarrassing

Also best music-related movie is probably Haneke's Piano Teacher

American Pop

this
seen it twice, hate it more every time I watch it.

agreed

high school musical

Basically a fictionalised version of the Carole King story.

It was interesting. it was good. but trying to do the multigenerational epic in a feature-length movie suffers from having to shove an entire century's story into 2 hrs. The way they did it was cool, though.

>no Song to Song
>no It Might Get Loud
>no Ken Burn’s Jazz
P L E B S

Frank was the most boring shit I've ever seen, what the fuck OP

this dude knows what's up

The Decline Of Western Civilization

part 2 was cool, too, but for me its the first one

>animation always matches the music being played
not that I would expect any less from pixar but still, nice

Does anyone have any recs for music like the Through the Portals song in Frank? It's vaguely swans but not really

really nobody posted this yet? what the fuck

That's why you shouldn't drink when you watch TV cuz you forget what you saw and drinking any kind of liquor will kill your liver even beer and wine will kill it it's all the same crap! Now what I drink is a fruit and vegetable drink has over 80 fruits and vegetables in it and it makes you healthy and gives you a natural high that's very good for you keeps you in good spirits keeps you from getting depressed it makes you feel good inside! Almost maybe even better than shot of dope!

this
i can see i being ok if you are like 12

nah, it's this

I didn't even like this movie as a whole that much, but that scene where they sing Falling Slowly in the music store made me bawl my eyes out and I don't even know why.

Inside Llewellyn Davis
and I haven't seen Song to Song yet, but I'm holding my breath.

I enjoyed hearing Neat Neat Neat

No 'That Thing you Do'?

youtube.com/watch?v=7o40za1wAlI

Was I the only one who liked Sing Street?

youtube.com/watch?v=TAX_QV00v_0

De Palma's masterpiece.

>was I the only one who liked one of the better acclaimed movie from 2016
In all seriousness, I really liked it and it's the type of coming of age story I dig, also didn't mind the romance. Watch pic related if you haven't, it's different but top tier nonetheless.

Scott pilgrim all godamn day

No offense but its literally the most passionate sounding song of all time, people put it to kittens playing with yarn and everyone cries.

I didn't cry, so fuck you and your song lol.

I've seen it and love it!

I actually had no idea Sing Street was critically acclaimed. Went and saw it at the local indie theatre on a whim and loved it. Glad to see it got recognition. I can't get a single person I know to watch it.

Whose hand is that on Tom's face?

Nice. As for Sing Street, people who don't follow movies outside the most mainstream ones couldn't have heard of it.

I DON'T CARE TOO
MUCH FOR MONEY
MONEY CAN'T BUY ME LOVE

>line break after TOO instead of before it

theres a longer gap after the too, not to mention the way i wrote it makes the syllables 4-4-6. quit being dumb.

HIT THE NORTH

Forgetting something kiddo?

Why has no one mentioned Whiplash yet????

or a pseudo-intellectual brainlet

>tfw Carla Azar drums in the most underrated band of the 2000's and the only thing people remember her for is having 2 lines in this movie

vastly underrated post

what is happening to you

>Whiplash
>fantastic

"I can't believe I used to like these guys"

cheating

For me, I really enjoyed 1991: the year punk broke

one direction's this is us

this

youtube.com/watch?v=8EdOdfCM1hM
best scene

*fakes coffs for attention*

I met Frank once. I know his sister.

Frank is a boring movie, but the music is great

Scott fucking Pilgrim did it for me! Just never really cared for the video game jokes.
Sing Street struck a heart string on me, really glad it got critical acclaim.

Surprised nobody has mentioned either Control or 24 hr Party People.
I take 24hrPP over any other of your recs, plebs