It's good, it's really good

Seriously never see Sup Forums talking about this. Only off handed comments shitting on it. This stands tall with OKC and KA for me. They got the fucking orchestra and everything and it sounds amazing. Imagine if they had been producing with all these wonderful string instruments from the get go.

Yeah, this album is great. Didn't realize people shit on it.

True Love Waits is devastating

Not a huge Radiohead fan but this and Amnesiac are my top 2 from them.

This except Radiohead is one of my favorite bands. HTTT is my third favorite.

I actually don't understand how people can prefer OKC or Kid A over AMSP.

Like, OKC sorta runs itself flat by the end because it's relatively flat tonally, with a few exceptions (i.e. Electioneering) and Kid A just feels, well, as you'd imagine, like the product of an artist who spent an entire year listening to Warp's collected back catalogue.

Comparatively, AMSP feels like the product of a band that's comfortable in their own skin, who have since come to know their abilities and carve out their own sort of "sound". Even if it doesn't necessarily hold the same socio-cultural significance as OKC or have the same effect on music culture, it still a fairly well crafted piece (that's biggest flaw might be that it's simply not ambitious/"progressive" enough, sonically - though in an era when guitar music feels played out, one might consider it a success that a band can still score high given the structural/musical walls imposed by the tired genre within they work)

Regardless, it certainly has a much stronger flow than OKC, while retaining an introspective/cynical purview, the album shifts from extreme to extreme like the most ambitious of works, between gentle mewlings of acoustic guitars and a solemn pianos, to syncopated, abrasive orchestra strikes, layered over a pounding rhythms of a relentless bass/drum duo and looping, needly guitars.

Just when you think you've got a handle on what you expect from the album, it throws something new at you or otherwise, hastily shifts gear to ensure the listener is constantly on edge, attentive to its darker intent, something that's conveyed most significantly through Yorke's intent.

It's undeniably the work of a man who has experienced much anxiety and psychodrama in the space of time between now and TKOL and consequentially, though oft opaque, feels, none the less like a personal journey from fear to failure.

personally it never felt as grand and okc or ka, I mean I still like it but, when I want to listen to a radiohead album this one is never at the top

Amsp is just ok

It's a beautiful album but also very sad. It's like In Rainbows but somber (not the actual sound but the feeling)

Best thing Radiohead put out since OKC. I honestly think it is better than Kid A, which is in itself a fantastic, fantastic record.

I hated it at first, too boring, but suddenly it clicked and now id say its definitely one of their best albums. Best songwriting they have atleast.

the original acoustic version of true love waits made over 20 years ago is 100x better than the shitty AMSP mix

Aaaand I'll have to listen to the album again.

right I know radiohead isnt exactly happy music but AMSP is just so depressing

when this came out the board was head over heels for it

>not knowing the original true love waits

2 or 3 really good songs on it DESU while the rest is boring.
Present Tense, Daydreaming and Decks Dark.

I remember that, 3000 replies in the original thread if I recall correctly. Montie was freaking out.

Same

Top 3 record of theirs IMO. It doesn't quite have my favorite mood of their albums but it's still up there on that front while definitely being their most maturely executed and compositionally intricate work to date, building upon their perfected synthesis of styles on IR, trading out the prim and perfect pop structures for songs that are a bit more languid and dreamlike in nature, and overlaying it all not only with orchestral instrumentation but a much more refined take on TKOL's experimental looping to further drive home the dreamy ambience. It's not an everyday record but it's pretty damn brilliant at what it sets out to achieve.

shut the fuck up. no one cares.

fuck.

The AMSP version of True Love Waits is the equivalent of digging through an attic only to find an old high school poem you wrote to your crush, except she's gone now and you reminisce on those with tears forming in your eyes. It's the age of the song that makes the AMSP version so soul crushing, and Thom's vocals on it sound like he's taking it pretty hard.

It is good, really good in fact, I just prefer some of their other stuff. This is how I rank em personally:

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. Hail To The Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. A Moon Shaped Pool
6. The King of Limbs
7. OK Computer
8. The Bends
9. Pablo Honey

the album has no dark 'intent'. Stop rambling

Amnesiac > OKC > HTTT > IR > KA > TKOL > AMSP > TB > PH

>Seriously never see Sup Forums talking about this.
>never
probably because this shit came out on MAY 2016

>Even The king of limbs is higher than OKC
You must be such a cool kiddo.

I wish Fanta didn't put out that Radiohead ranking vid, because now everyone again feels validated in saying TKOL is garbo tier, fuck off with that opinion.
In my personal rankings OKC will probably be pretty low too, but only because I've overplayed it before and it doesn't have as much replayability as In Rainbows, HTTT and TKOL

Not trying to be cool, I genuinely enjoy TKOL more than OKC. Fitter Happier and Electioneering are two of their weakest tracks post-Pablo Honey. TKOL has a couple of meh tracks but Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex and Seperator are all 10/10s and are better than pretty much everything on OKC save for maybe No Surprises and Let Down.

The most perfect album ever made

1. OK Computer
2. The Bends
3. In Rainbows
4. Hail to the Thief
5. Amnesiac
6. Kid A
7. A Moon Shaped Pool
8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

I like all of them though.

AMSP has been slowly growing on me over the past year and a half, I think it's a 10/10album

1. In Rainbows
2. A Moon Shaped Pool
3. Kid A
4. Hail To The Thief
5. OK Computer
6. Amnesiac
7. The King of Limbs
8. The Bends
9. Pablo Honey