At this point it's officially cancelled right?

At this point it's officially cancelled right?

>Guillermo "leave 'em holding the bag" Del toro in charge of adaptations

HAW

Probably a good thing. After what they've done to L in death note I think I'd kill myself if they made Johan black.

Del Toro is more famous for his unfinished projects than his finished ones at this point. What a waste.

It's weird, everyone gets their hopes up when they hear he's adapting or designing monsters for some new franchise. Not only does he never ever come through, but he's not even that great of a director. Pan's Labyrinth was the only thing he made that came close to being kino.

Good, leave my chink cartoons alone.

JUST when? He's calling for it from long time with all those cancelations.

why can't this guy get a fucking movie off the ground? seriously, what even is holding him back?

I like hellboy more

He writes all his scripts in mexican.

Sony brought him off for vidya

>actually like del toro
>super bummed that he didn't do at the mountains of madness
>read the script
wew dodged a fucking bullet there, what a shitshow.

Everything he's attached to gets cancelled. I just hope Haunted Mansion with Gosling doesn't.

I'm still surprised Pacific Rim got made

does this fat fuck finish anything he starts?

>does this fat fuck finish anything he starts?

Only if it's food, and even if he doesn't he makes sure to have it wrapped up to take home.

>wew dodged a fucking bullet there, what a shitshow

can you cliff me on it?

I'm only on episode 39 but there no actual "Monsters" in "Monster", so why would Del Toro wanna might a movie adaptation? Did he assume there were actual Monsters in it?

no but i can call you Cliff

This is Del Fatso and also he tried to get it to HBzo, so it wouldnt be that bad.

>when you're not sure if someone is taking the piss or being deadly serious

He's had a movie come out every 2-3 years aince he started (except when he was working on The Hobbit which was out of his control), that's a pretty normal output for a director. He's just too open about projects that aren't finalised yet, a lot of directors just don't communicate as much as him.

Here's a brief summary of the trash I remember
>very modernized and contemporary
>lots of dumb fast paced action scenes
>shoggoths are described exactly like The Thig and they bite people and turn them into shoggoths (what the fuck)
>after a giant stupid shoggoth fight scene on the boat, the very last thing is a giant CGI cthulhu rising out of the water

>Posting fanfiction "i read the script" on Sup Forums

I bet you also work for Disney and can tell us all about Episode 12.

You can easily find it online retard

Not to mention the two video games he was making which got cancelled.

He has 11 movies announced right now. Get it together man.

mexican work ethic

No, it's legit.

The movie is framed like Frankenstein. They find a guy unconscious in the arctic, bring him in to heal. When he wakes up he tells them about the expedition. The end twist is that both him and Danford made it out alive, but Danford is actually a shoggoth pretending to be Danford.

Cthulhu was in an earlier draft, though. The shooting script had something more vague in its place.

this is what me made the most mad about the script. The Thing already fucking exists and it's one of the best horror films of all time, why would you turn At The Mountains of Madness, a unique story that has never been adapted into a chinese knockoff of a movie that already happened?