Is there anything in the films to suggest the empire is human supremacist?

Is there anything in the films to suggest the empire is human supremacist?

The Senate is obviously fucking overflowing with aliens, Palpatine's master was a Mun, his first apprentice was a Zabrak, and as part of his plot to gain power, he worked with a bunch of different species, like Grevious, Genosians, and the Trade Federation Chinese guys. Thrawn and Asari Ventress are now Disney canon as well.

I just don't see the human supremacist thing at all.

no. it was a stupid and after-the-fact thing some EU writers did in effort to make shallow, sophomoric allusions to the third reich (dude the empire is nazis lmao)

there being no non-human imperials in the OT was most likely due to creature effects being expensive and difficult to make realistic/convincing at that time

Despite the non-humans literally everywhere else?

so if it was a deliberate choice, why have the imperials make no reference to it? why not clearly identify them as racists?

Yes. It would have necessitated fitting an imperial uniform around goofy prosthetics. Now, for the counter question. How many non-humans were members of the Rebel Alliance?

It's just a coincidence. Easier to have a lot of regular guys in uniform than to dress everyone up as an alien with full makeup and prosthesis

Do you need everything spelled out for you?

They're NEAR-humans. That pretty much means if you look like a human and share similar DNA with humans but have blue skin or shit hanging from your head, you're in.

Maul and Ventress would be allowed. The Trade Fed guys, Genosians and Grevious wouldn't.

Think of it more like how the Imperium of Man allows Ogryns in their ranks.

>Palpatine's master was a Mun
NON CANON
O
N

C
A
N
O
N

Isn't it Disney canon that the blue alien guy who was always by Sheev in the prequels took over the Empire after Sheev died.

Yes, their army is comprised of entirely humanoid males. The explanation being that Palpatine was too cheap to expend funds on mass producing storm trooper armors after constructing the Death Star. As such, only humanoid served aboard all major imperial cruisers and the actual star itself, since it was built for humanoids, and all the other non-humanoids serving elsewhere had modified armors to fit them on a "as need" basis.

At least two I can think of (Ackbar and that guy with gills who hangs out with Lando)
Both wore uniforms despite the prosthetics.
Now, do you recall seeing a single alien with the Empire?

he is emperor Palpatine but he really just wanted to be your pal Friendpatine

The bounty hunters and spy they hired.

Don't forget all those bothans

The Rebels have no uniform so it was just pancake face and the Mon Calamari wearing whatever looked good with their prosthetics. Really, they were an after thought added in the Star Wars Muppet special: Return of the Jedi.

The emperor gave off alien vibes before they made him hooman

>emperor
>human

this

basically some people are reading too much into a choice necessitated by a limited budget

No, of course, xenophobia has nothing to do with sith ideology

I mean we know exactly how Anakin and Sheev think and what they were trying to do, we saw it in the prequels.

>shallow, sophomoric allusions to the third reich
Yeah, there are no shallow allusions to the Empire being Nazis in the original trilogy at all.

name one

It seems pretty obvious that the modern writers couldn't understand WHY the Empire was considered evil/bad in the past because they don't see anything inherently wrong with a fascist government. Literally the only thing they could think of was to make them racist.

I mean, same thing is happening in real life with libs praising Castro. That's postmodernism at work for you I guess

"Where are you taking this... thing?"

>The fact that fascism inspired the look and feel of the Empire is no secret. In fact, Star Wars creator George Lucas even refers to the Imperial officers in The Empire Strikes Back as “Nazis” while giving his commentary of the film. He specifically mentions their militaristic dress, noting, “The Nazis are basically the same costume as we used in the first film and they are designed to be very authoritarian, very empire-like.”

>The outfits of the Imperial officers include several direct references to uniforms worn by the German military including their tunics, tall boots, and hats — modeled after the elite Alpine troops of Nazi Germany.

Elitist assholes=/=racists.

They dehumanised a non-human character. I don't know how heavy-handed an allusion you'd need to accept what the filmmakers were going for - maybe replacing the imperial uniforms with Klan hoods, hmm?

mollo based the imperial uniforms on german empire dress. the tunic especially. lucas is being dense; "militaristic dress" and "very authoritarian, very empire-like" ≠ nazis. there is nothing specifically nazistic about the empire; they are comparable to virtually any european imperial power in history, not just the nazis

I don't need you mansplaining your perceived allusions and projected interpretations.

You guys should've seen the writing on the wall when the stormtroopers gave a seig heil in TFA

I honestly almost walked out of the cinema at that

If you can't accept the Empire was meant to be human supremacist, then you're an idiot. Have fun with your shallow understanding of things.

Did it trigger you stormcuck

If you can't see the human supremacism in Star Wars, you won't understand that Sup Forums is a forum for alt-right 12 year-olds.

The Galactic Empire have always been a little Nazi, but it's never been as in-your-face and obvious as it was in TFA

so why didn't any of the characters, imperial or rebel, mention it or hint at it? one officer's calling chewie a "thing" isn't exactly overwhelming evidence

Lucas explicitly refers to them as Nazis, and that this is reflected in their manner of dress. I don't know what more you want.

Your benchmark seems to be that they never outright call themselves Nazis, but that's precisely what an allusion isn't. An allusion calls to mind something without outright stating it. That the Empire isn't wearing literal nazi uniforms doesn't change the fact that their style, attitude, and behavior clearly calls Nazis to mind. That this is confirmed by Lucas himself only makes your lack of acceptance all the more retarded.

Yes it is, it's like calling a black person a "thing".
>why didn't anyone hint at it
When you discuss nazis you aren't constantly saying "btw did I mention they are white supremacists?", it's common knowledge. Also because they makers of the movie didn't assume people would need everything spelled out to them.

>doesnt know what a wookie is
>doesnt know its name
>is racist

>Grevious, Genosians, and the Trade Federation Chinese guys
uncle toms

If you meant that it's only "one" officer, well maybe not literally all nazis were racist. They either were or didn't care. Do you consider the nazi movement as a whole to be racist?

You mean all those guys who were useful idiots that he intended to throw under the bus from the very beginning?

Do racists go about all day announcing they're a racist? No, you gauge them on who they hang about with (the Empire are mostly depicted as human on-screen) and who their enemies are (diverse array of aliens).

This guy gets it.

It was a world war 2 space film and Darth Vader did literally have a space samurai Stallhelm

But what did get lost after the films was subtlety, we went from subtlety and imagery in the OT to DUDE BIG RED BANNERS LMAO DUDE TRIUMPH OF THE WILL LMAO DUDE GENERAL HUX IS RANTING LIKE HITLER LMAO in TFA
Which then even more hilariously in one of the best corporate shilling contradictions of all time cast a black stormtrooper

>Disney gets rid of all the good things about the EU
>keeps this shitty explanantion some guy threw in to justify a movie budget
Wow. They really ARE rewriting history to fit their agenda.

This. The Emperor made these aliens high-up in the Separatist cause so he could later demonise them and use them as a basis for his pro-human policies.

Nazis worked with niggers and slant eyes but they were still white supremacists and wanted to exterminate anyone who wasn't a blonde blue-eyed aryan. Checkmate.

Not in the films other than having only humans in the empire and having Anakin get rid of his nonhuman partners in the prequels.

Also don't bring up a bunch of EU shit to say he isn't racist because the empire is definitely racist in the EU. The films never address his master or apprentice or Thrawn so I don't see how any of that is relevant.

>That the Empire isn't wearing literal nazi uniforms doesn't change the fact that their style, attitude, and behavior clearly calls Nazis to mind.
it also calls to mind the british empire, especially since the characters speak in upper-class english accents. the chief costume designer based the uniforms on german imperial dress. why should we assume the empire = nazis? because lucas called them nazis in a commentary? the films themselves don't support nazi argument
the stahlhelm was worn in wwi before wwii

"Can someone get this walking carpet out of my way?"
Leia may as well have called him a nigger desu
She wore all white too actually. Was alderaan rayciss?

Hux' speech in TFA was the least of that film's problems.

Regardless, the issue being discussed was the confirmation of the Empire as a human-first government. This isn't a loss of subtlety, it's added detail. There's virtually nothing even said about the Empire in the original trilogy. They're just the bad guys because they are mean and also blew up a planet. But the films never explore any of their actual governing or policy. Getting pissed that something as innocuous as institutional speciesism is introduced in supplementary material is beyond stupid.

Leia calls chewi a carpet.
Leia doesn't even give a fuck her whole planet is destroyed.
The movies where made with the mindset of their time and thr empire works with aliens all the time.
Yes they are a fascist dictatorship, but they aren't racist.
See all the CANON series of the clone wars.

>the films themselves don't support nazi argument
Yeah, everyone just came to the conclusion that the Empire was basically nazis by mistake. You're acting like this is some recent concept instead of the intended and accepted understanding of the Empire since its conception.

>Do racists go about all day announcing they're a racist? No, you gauge them on who they hang about with
So everyone outside of 50% nigger infested shitholes like US are racist. Can't even remember the last time I've seen a nigger.

Wait - Snokes ain't human. That means the FO is definitely not human supremacist.

So is Mos Eisley really hell?
I mean, Satan and Wolfman are there.

You knew that Nazi worked with niggers too? But somehow Nazism is considering a anti-niggers today.
That's jew's machine andf US/SR taking all blame on nazis.

This is the point, though

The empire worked because the original trilogy skirted actual real world politics and invoked imperialist ideology and subtle Nazi imagery to give us "bad guys vs good guys" that worked visually with most of our motivation being nothing but iconographic until "they kill Jawas and Luke's aunt and uncle unnecessarily" and then "they mercilessly literally blow up an entire planet of pacifists just to prove a point" which is something 99% of real political ideologies can agree isn't cool. Not even Nazis would do that.

Where "space rayciss" went wrong was it brought actual modern politics into it when we already knew the empire is run by ruthless genocidal maniacs because for some reason, post OT writers thought "these are the bad guys because they LITERALLY BLOW UP PLANETS" wasn't enough justification and they thought they'd bring in a "settled" narrative to support the supposed fans need for more justification of "good vs evil" which nobody really wanted and wasn't necessary

>Not even Nazis would do that.
ummm holocaust say anything to you?

no, i'm saying that the immediate jump to "they're nazis" comes from popular ignorance to other imperial powers. most people, especially americans, don't know shit about wwi or european history. they see a fictional military authoritarianism and immediately think "nazis," even though the galactic empire has more in common with the german empire, on which it was based in part, than it does with the third reich

basically i'm saying that the tendency to associate the empire with the nazis is a dumbing-down of the subject and star wars as a whole. it's like the nazis is the only "evil organisation" that ever existed, or the average person can think of, so of course the empire must just be space nazis, and thus genocidal space-racists who want a space-holocaust

i'm not saying you're wrong. it's just a phenomenon that seems dumb to me

1. sheev killed his master
2. he was using darth maul
3. he was using the Trade fags and had them exterminated as soon as he was done.
4. No alien officers
5. In ANH didnt they say to get that "thing" (chewie) out of my sight?

They clearly didnt care for other species, but i dont see any extreme measures soecifically against non-humans.

Sheev just used everything around him as disposable

Why did they water down the movie with the most emotional scenes by making ROTJ half Muppet musical ? i think george has like a kids undeveloped sense of fantasy that was trying to get out. Now its all he can do

You can't get dumber than the original trilogy Empire. They literally have only one goal: defeat the rebellion. They are generically evil and generically totalitarian. It's an intentionally simplistic story. They provide virtually no other motivation outside of stopping the good guys. Acting as though additional context to explain the point of the empire and the point of rebellion is somehow making things worse is ridiculous. It's objectively painting a more detailed picture.

And once again, The Empire is explicitly taking cues from the Nazis. Lucas has always been clear and open about this. Your refusal to acknowledge this is beyond retarded. You're clearly speaking from your arbitrary personal preferences, not the reality of what the Empire is and how it's was conceived.

thats not what near human means

Yes, it does.

Considering the empire's elitist additude in every other sense it actually doesn't seem that unlikely that George had the idea that they would be racists too, however it's never brought up in the movies so it literally doesn't matter. The empire just wants to rule the galaxy because they love power and the rebels want to stop them because reasons.

>The emperor gave off alien vibes before they made him hooman
I don't agree at all fambelijiah. Growing up i think everyone just assumed the emperor was all shriveled and evil looking because he WAS evil, like it had consumed his body and soul like a fisher king situation. I mean he is the archetypical evil wizard, something so ingrained in the human psyche that its just taken for granted.

Bothans are never seen in film or other canon, so they could be another human/near-human species that gets referred to by their homeworld. E.g. "Many Aussies died to bring us these shitposts".

Did his post trigger you, standardcuck

I always figured he was meant to be an a very old,very wise, very evil alien-master. A sort of anti-Yoda for Vader.

But user, the Holocaust™®© is a hoax

I think it was somewhere in the mess of the old EU thing, that said while Sheev himself wasn't really a "human supremacist", he used it to keep a stronger hold on the Empire. Dividing the different species against each other help control the whole Empire.

Some aliens are just blue and red

The reason the imperials were all human was because the stormtrooper and other uniforms were human shaped. This racist Empire thing is retarded.

So if you wear uniforms you're nazis? Gotcha.

>The Senate is obviously fucking overflowing with aliens
While the senate existed for much of the empires history, they didn't have much power and were eventually no longer of any real concern during a New Hope, they said as much.

>Palpatine's master was a Mun, his first apprentice was a Zabrak, and as part of his plot to gain power, he worked with a bunch of different species
I don't know what this is, but it's not in the films

Pawns.
The Nazis worked with the Japanese, Chinese and A-rabs, but they were still for Ayran (Germanic) supremacy.

It probably has something to do with the officers being all humans in THE FILMS, and the stormtroopers being ostensibly human as well. Can you name one non-human in the Empire in any of the movies?

EU a shit, cartoons a shit.

Fun Fact, though: The Emperor wasn't even human in V and in VI its arguable he isn't human. The shitquels ruined that, like they ruined everything else with muh dark side disfigures you, and the whole Palpitine changing because of force lightning even though it only happens to him.

Palpatine doesn't care about anything but unlimited power. The rest of the empire is a different game.

disney will never be canon

>Can you name one non-human in the Empire in any of the movies?

Mas Amedda.

Dude was really a part of the Republic. The Empire was declared while he was standing there, so I guess technically.
I didn't see him around Sheev after that though.

Why did the empire have such snazzy uniforms when Sheev clearly doesn't care about fashion and just wears a snuggie everywhere?

Sheev was the emperor.

This.

The entire Rebellion was made up of white men. But now leftists are ignoring that and wetting themselves at the notion that Star Wars has always been anti-white. (Despite the fact that every fucking inch of the Universe is created by white men).

This is how fucking stupid leftists really are. It's remarkable really

Governor Tarkin: The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away forever.
General Tagge: But that's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?
Governor Tarkin: The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

hth

He's in the novels as a member of the empire.

Also, the Inquistor. The other two inquisitors. Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Also for POC - Bodhi Rook. The entire legion of Clone Troopers. That black stormtrooper.

Also, most the imperials in the films were stormtroopers, so we don't even know how many were aliens.

The prequels are still canon

Where is it stated in the prequels that Plagueis was a Muun?

This guy could be an alien, his helmet is a very weird shape

Reminder that the empire completely abolished slavery and poverty in nearly every planet under their dominion while the Rebels not only championed open civilian aggression toward the empire (leading to civilian casualties), but looked the other way regarding slavers.

Maul wasn't human. Neither was Grevious or Mas Ammada.

If it was me I'd have different ships for different species. Like what if you had wookiees and yodas working on the same ship? How could they use the same equipment? You'd have to have big versions and small versions of everything. and what about aliens that swim? You could fill their ships with water instead of gas atmosphere

THIS.

The Canon states that the Galaxy ran far more efficiently under the leadership of The Empire

Didn't the Empire enslave the Wookiees?

Didn't humans enslave dogs?

Are you capable of reading comprehension?

My original post was quoting from OP's post saying that Sheev's master was a Muun

Plagueis was only stated to be a Muun in now non-canon material

Now there is no canon source of Plagueis' species

Yes, but your point seems to be there were no aliens involved with the Empire. Which is total bullshit

???

I didn't mention this anywhere

Source on the rebels' position towards slavery.