Specifically why does the majority of Sup Forums have such a weird hatred of dad rock and '80s metal...

Specifically why does the majority of Sup Forums have such a weird hatred of dad rock and '80s metal? It's something other boards have long wondered about for years now.

Get off the internet dad

how many times do we gotta teach you this lesson old man?

Sup Forums soyboys resent their parents, because they weren't proud of them
but what sane father would be proud of them, anyway?

Because they are desperately trying to distance themselves from the young people that revere that kind of music, perhaps a little too hard, because they see the same traits in them that they themselves have. They can't control their shlubby appearance, their lack of charm, their ineptness, or failure, but they can control their taste in music and feel superior because they're "not like the other music fans"

because its insanely boring

Because Sup Forums plebians forgot how to have fun while tryharding to have 2deep4u tastes

I challenge Sup Forums to find me a single band or rapper or whatever of the last 15 years that's more entertaining than Led Zeppelin.

D E A T H G R I P S

Because that shit is gay and for dorks. Nobody Unironically likes hair metal, gimme a fucking break.

lol

exactly this. they're like the loser nerds in school who dressed and acted weird because they were too retarded to fit in normally and shunned all the popular things in an effort to seem superior

motley crue is fucking based you nerd

Thought not.

Alright one fucking band and they were e band everyone else copied, not even that great beyond their singles anyway. Also GnR doesn't count as hair metal.

>GnR doesn't count as hair metal

The greatest lie ever purported upon the public. They just so happened to actually be talented.

S O Y B O Y S
O
Y
B
O
Y
S

The testosterone. Partying and sex is okay in hip hop because its taken to a cartoonish, and the women are degraded rather than desired. I imagine the hypocrisy lies in the fact that the majority can always write it off as "nigger shit" while rock bands are a reminder that not getting any is pathetic in the white world too.

Literally anything

Some are teenagers who just got into basic shit like indie, so they think the music snob thing is to write off 'classic rock' and 'dad rock', when in fact the more experienced / advanced view is to realize that a lot of the 60s / 70s greats are untouchable, even if every middle aged dude in the midwest knows and loves them.

It's not the majority of Sup Forums, just the annoying shrieking edgy underaged retarded part of it. Most of Sup Forums doesn't care one way or the other.

Fair amount of 80's metal has shite production and castratti excuses for singers.

>playing regurgitated guitar riffs
>while drunk
>this is talent

Because hair metal is shit. It's poppy, overproduced, mass marketed horseshit disguised as metal.

all of them
projecting

It's dumb and pretentious

I don't think it's a music snob thing to do, I'm just not interested
The production is so primitive, very few bands or artists really stand out sonically
And I can't stand (overt) blues, folk or jazz influences which makes it a bit hard to enjoy
What about all the teens who were "born in the wrong generation"

I'm an old fart and even I hate dadrock. Primarily because of the fans and guys like Eddie Trunk who won't shut the fuck up about it and perpetually lament its extinction. I'ts over, it had a good run in spite of it's liabilities and shortcomings, let it die and move on. Worse yet are the deluded and dysfunctional dinosaur acts from that era that continue to book gigs, riding a mediocre wave of ego high and nostalgia. It truly is mental fucking illness.

The '80s metal was cheesy as fuck and bad most of the time.

On the other hand, people who use the term "dadrock" unironically and put everything before the '80s under that label should hang themselves asap.

Glam and hard rock musicians were usually extremely talented.it was the era of insane shred solos in every song. The ballads are usually shit but most of the deep cuts were quality. Even the radio songs were fun. There's nothing wrong with the party music of that time, it still bumps.

As true as this is it doesnt change the fact that they still have more substance than anything this newer generation puts out. I kek extra hard when this pretentious modern generation; especially the try hard wannabes ITT try to pass off their shallow, too uptight to have fun music as intellectually beyond dadrock music. Its not any smarter than all this supposedly cheesy music of the past but not only that; its too dumb to realise its own value as entertainment, not some half assed statement to stroke the egos of pseudo intellectual music nerds.

its because all these hiphop head kiddies hate their daddies

lil you doodoo X-D

Perhaps missing out on the greatest era of music and being raised in the digital era makes them resent it

nah dadrock is still shit im 27 so im old i guess but
i understand its importance in music but im past my dadrock loving phase i went thru when i was younger and thought i was so deep lol

>27
>old
Yet you still talk like you're 13...

im not the brightest bulb in the pack of lightbulbs

still tho the people that worship dadrock or are against it need to just enjoy music for what it is.

in other words...literally nothing