I still don't understand what was so bad about my post

I still don't understand what was so bad about my post.

Kendrick is shit

Literally nothing, Kanyefags get triggered easily

t. soyboy

Kendrick is shit for "woke" pseudo intellectuals

> Kendrick>Kanye
Yeah, fuck you op

absolutely amazing threads op thankyou for joining us tonight

What did I do? I merely stated a simple statement, and I get assfucked.

Because Kendrick is objectively and subjectively shittier then Kanye, and people don't want to share a board with someone who has as retarded an opinion as you.

not op can you tell me why he's shit?

I said shittier, not shit.
He's an above average rapper to be sure, and TPAB is better than graduation (and about on par with TCD, LR, and MBDTF).

But every other Kanye album is superior.

And Kanye hasn't released anything as bad as Damn (which is still a 6/10 however).

Kanye is arguably the best hip hop artist of all time, and certainly the best of this generation.

Several other hip hop artists are better than Kendrick.
Danny Brown being the most prominent of these.

thanks for explaining bb
i've only ever heard danny in features, what's his best album so i can give him a try

To put it simply, Kanye is more than a rapper, he's a true artist in hip-hop trying to elevate the genre. He's not a follower, he's a leader and a trendsetter. There's only 1 Kanye and when Kanye is gone it will be difficult to replace him. Kendrick just does nothing new and is completely disposable. He's expendable. TPAB was good, but I have realized it was a fluke as soon as he regressed and released DAMN, an album so far up its own ass it's embarrassing. Even if you don't like yeezus, you can at least appreciate it for trying to bring something new to mainstream hip-hop.

Wow, you're objectively wrong, like reaaally wrong. Not even an argument. Are you stupid by any chance? Or you just pretend to be?

>But every other Kanye album is superior.
Now you're just being delusional. Kanye may make better beats and instrumentals than Kendrick, but his lyricism is childish at best, and horribly naive at worst. TPAB alone is much better than anything Kanye did up to MBDTF, and Yeezus, 808s, and TLOP are arguably as bad as Damn. Kanye might be the most influential hip hop artist, but Kendrick has overtaken him. But anyway, that's just my perspective. It still doesn't answer how a simple opinion gets this much hostility instead of calmer and more mature discussion.

Atrocity exhibition
It's the only album (outside of kanyes others) that I would say can even come close to Yeezus.
All correct
Not an argument, simply posturing and name calling.
Come back when you have an actual point to make and aren't baiting for replies

>Even if you don't like yeezus, you can at least appreciate it for trying to bring something new to mainstream hip-hop.
No, besides the obvious Death Grips comparisons, Industrial Hip-Hop was already a thing.

Yeezus is the best hip hop album of this millennium (and in my opinion) all time.
808's is kanyes second best, followed by TLOP.
Kanyes lyrcisim may be the thing that gets shit on the most, but it's probably my favorite thing about him.
He's one of the only hip hop artists I can relate to.

>Not an argument
This is also not argument. Nice try at backpedaling though.

Had to milk a few more (you)s, huh? That attention depraved?

>No, besides the obvious Death Grips comparisons
Which would be wrong. The production on Yeezus is very crisp and spacious. Death Grips (as far as I know, I'm not a big fan) has never released anything as atmospheric and minimalistic as Hold My Liquor or I Am A God. I've only heard The Money Store and Exmilitary, but the words I'd use to describe DG would be Aggressive and Bombastic. On the other hand, I'd use the words Sleek and Clean to describe Yeezus. For example, there's no snare drums whatsoever until track 6. They're polar opposites. Anyone who claims Yeezus is a knock-off DG would just be ignorant about industrial hip-hop. there is no industrial hip-hop album like Yeezus. The closest would be perhaps some of El-P's earlier stuff.

It's more of an argument than you made.
You want detail?
Fine.
TLOP is a far more personal album than Kendrick has ever put out. The lyrics detail his own thoughts and life in a way that Kendrick has yet to match.
Not to mention that across ALL kanye albums (808's being an exception despite being one of kanyes best) his lyrical themes and musical ideas are far more unique and diverse then Kendrick.

Yeezus is far darker and emotional lyrically (Hold my Liqour, blood on the leaves) than any Kendrick album, and the beats (Blood on the leaves, Black skinhead, send it up) are far more aggressive and go getting than anything of Kendricks.

Kendrick has 0 songs that compare to the emotional breadth and depth that Kanye displays on 808's.

And there's no Kendrick songs as emotionally vulnerable as Runaway.

>And there's no Kendrick songs as emotionally vulnerable as Runaway.
I love Kanye and definitely agree he's better than Kendrick, but "u" exists.

But that's the thing, I wasn't even trying to get (You)'s at all. I just wanted to have a bit of a mature discussion about Kanye's role as an artist. I felt as if whatever achievements he made in Rap music became diminished if you compare him to Kendrick, who made quite a bit of progress these last few years. I would have been fine with someone respectfully disagreeing, but instead everyone took my post as bait. I thought this was Sup Forums, not a PewDiePie comment section. What gives?

>think Kanye West is the best hip-hop artist
>realise that sounds really plebby to people who are into the genre
Help, Sup Forums. I've tried other stuff and, while some of it's good, I really haven't heard anything else with the sweeping ambition and variety of Fantasy and Yeezus. Especially on Fantasy- the way each song is so different. What other hip-hop albums do this?

objectively wrong, XXX is Danny's best album

>I've only heard The Money Store and Exmilitary,
Which is probably why you're wrong and fail to see the obvious comparisons. Listen to Government Plates and The Powers That Be and tell me if many of the tropes found in both don't bear a striking resemblance to Yeezus, both in instrumentation and production style.

Although I'm arguing with kendrickfags ITT I still think To Pimp A Butterfly is great, although a bit too racially charged and full of itself IMO. Another favorite of mine is actually A Tribe Called Quest's 2016 album. It's not as conceptual as MBDTF or Yeezus but it's still quite varied and well put together.

XXX is pretty good, don't get me wrong.
But the lyrical themes are in my opinion, not as strong as they are on AE.

I'd say it's more accessible, but that's it.

People will automatically dismiss this as an absurd thing to say simply because Kendrick hasn't been around long enough. Once 10 years or so have passed it will be fully acceptable to claim he is one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Both those albums came out after Yeezus, no?

>Government Plates release date: November 13, 2013
>The Powers That B release date: June 8, 2014-March 31, 2015
>Yeezus release date: June 18, 2013
Yeah no.

I meant No Love Deep Web.

Cool, thanks- yeah, tPaB is definitely heading there, and I'll check out A Tribe. What about earlier stuff- precursors to what Kanye was doing with Fantasy? From the little I've heard most hip hop albums seem to be quite uniform- eg Illmatic is great, but great in a cohesive way in which you pretty much know what sounds you'll hear from the third track or so. Whereas Kanye throws a million things together and each song is completely unexpected.

damn he's still going for them >(You)'s isnt he

>>realise that sounds really plebby to people who are into the genre
There is literally nothing wrong with this. Even if "hip-hop purists" give you shit, The College Dropout and Late Registration are undeniable classics and his early work producing for Jay-Z will always give Kanye a pass.

But seriously, you're no better than Beyonce or Ed Sheeran normalfag shillers. Dear lord.

Kendrick is nowhere near "greatest artist of all time" but you're right

To be fair, I don't think most rap/hip-hop artists would be anywhere in the top 100, considering that there are much more grandiose achievements to include in such a list. But if it were the top Rap artists, I'd say right now, Kendrick is comfortably chilling at his #1 spot, while Kanye struggles to climb back on top.

Raising the thread.

Come back with this opinion when Kendrick:
1) Starts producing his own beats, let alone beats for other people
2) Stops doing fucking garbage-ass phone-in features for every pop star with no integrity

Both producing chops and artistic integrity are what separates Kanye from Kendrick and a bunch of other wanna be hip-hop goats.
Yes Kendrick is pretty good with storytelling, but if you honestly think he is a messiah and that anything "concious" he says on both GKMC/TPAB wasn't featured on any other concious album before that (hell, even TCD and TLR), then just get out.

Even though everyone sucks off Kendrick for being "woke", Kendrick has not come close to New Slaves. Kanye understands the complex nature and system of racism and classism in a consumerist, capitalist society.

Bro i dont know shit about hip hop, but fuck you. Kanye is miles ahead of kendrik.

Me neither (I'm not exactly a huge expert on hip hop, but I know a few things), but I know damn well that Kendrick destroys Kanye.

Wow its soo hard to sample music
>complexity
What?
>copy
>paste
>take credit

How can you claim something and admit you have no idea about it in the same sentence? Don't you realize how stupid that is?

You can literally say the same thing about Kanye, too, and 90% of other rappers. But at least Kendrick's sampling transcends its message to another level of existence.

nice bait, here's your (You)

>But at least Kendrick's sampling transcends its message to another level of existence.

Well, first off, I didn't claim that I had no idea about it, just that I wouldn't call myself a highly knowledgeable expert on the entire genre. Huge difference. And second, if even novices know that a certain artist is better than another, that tells you a lot about said certain artist, but mainly that he can appeal to others not in his niche demographic.

One last bump, going to bed.

I clicked on this thread out of boredom, I don't even listen to hip hop

Wow you Kanye fags sound like blithering fanboys who worship him like a god

Except 'novices' know nothing

Nothing, you're right
Kanyefags will get angry over anythin

He is a God

Can't he just learn to sing? And dance too, for that matter. Seems like he is just too lazy to get training and improve his skills.

Sage

Please just get thicker skin op

it's not that he's shit; he is good but not Kanye good

Yeezus is one of the worst albums I've had the displeasure of listening to.

It's tied for my favorite album of all time.
I can understand not loving it.
But I can't understand disliking it unless you have extremely pedestrian tastes.

well let's see, we've got
>industrial rap pastiche which at best is a mediocre version of NLDW era Death Grips (which is far from my fav era of dg) and at worst is incredibly annoying
>unbearable fucking auto-tune all over the fucking album (seriously you must deaf if you think malfunctioning robot Chief Keef sounds good)
>incredibly cringe worthy lyrics ("HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS")
all in all this stuff makes for a pretty unpleasant listening experience.

why every kendrick dickrider is a white fuckboi? Is it white guilt? TPAB sounds kinda good but the rest of his stuff is so meh

Just came back from kpop gen all this kanye kendrick talk makes me want to listen to my 2 fave artists again.

Yeezus > NLDW (I'd argue death grips worst album)
The auto tune doesn't sound bad in the least and this album has by far my favorite production is his discography.
And those lyrics aren't cringe worthy, they're memorable and funny.

Not to say the whole album is simply for laughs either.
Hold my liquor is up there with runaway and hey mama as one of the only kanye songs that can make me cry.
The "bangers" are all hype as fuck, and can energize me like pretty much nothing else can.
And the lyrics across the entire album are some of his most memorable, in all the good ways. Whether by being funny, emotional, or just straight up commentary.

>The auto tune doesn't sound bad in the least
go get your ears checked mate, it sounds like absolute shit.

That's an opinion.
Not an argument