Gentleman, how do we stop Disney from devouring Hollywood and destroying the film industry?

Gentleman, how do we stop Disney from devouring Hollywood and destroying the film industry?

Watch indie films

Their competitors could learn to write or let their teams put actual heart into their products. Disney has the heart and craftsmanship. I know the negs around here want John Lennon, but Disney is more a Paul McCartney, and fans eat it up.

Step 1: stop trying to compete on the capeshit turf. Making turds like BvS, suicide squad, and MoS is just reinforcing the marvel brand.

step 2: stop the aggressive executive meddling

step 3: don't let zack snyder so much as tear tickets in a theater

Was ice age a flop and a half or what?

>Arrival not even the top 20

just nuke this earth

Fox, Sony, WB couldn't pour water out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

Considering they spent like $3 making it, not really.

Ice age sells more tickets each movie.

Other studios could stop putting out shitty movies.

You can't beat Disney by trying to BE Disney. You need to do something else.

Laika is an example of the market just not really wanting non-Disney animated films, though.

Can blame nolan for turning people off science fiction.

>Secret Life of Pets

how does a blatant money laundering scheme gross so much?

Invest on videogame movies from people that actually play and understand the games, do something like Batman Begins and you have a literal goldmine on your feet.

Stop caring about shitty blockbusters?

>disney makes movies that people like
>how do we stop them?!?!?

how about other studios make good shit

its okay tho because next year F8 OF THE FURIOUS will be NUMBER ONE

>I know the negs around here want John Lennon, but Disney is more a Paul McCartney,
A true patrician knows George was the superior beatle. Who's the george harrison of film?

>capeshit and talking animals

Next year we will have GotG2 which is an unholy hybrid of pure redditness

>$1153.3 worldwide

kek, movies are dead, it barely earned over a grand

>Disney has the heart and craftsmanship

How do we stop the blatant shilling Sup Forums? Now that it was confirmed by the New York Times there is no excuse

Tell Hiro to stop allowing shill threads to pop up, even multiple ones at one time.

I hope he's not THAT desperate for more ad impressions

Don't forget moana and rogue one will both definitely be in the top 10

Because that will push Dr. Strange out, 6 /10 (a majority) of the highest grossing movies are Disney. At what point is this considered a monopoly?

marlel cuck pls

Fox isn't quite on par with WB, and sony is in its own league.

Most importantly though, STOP FIXATING ON THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE! All youre doing is validating negative behavior when you constantly push capeshit into your narrative. If it wasn't for this shithole i wouldn't know anything about capeshit until it showed up in the redbox.
And as always, don't argue with the weather. Its fantasy action for a general audience, its tailor made to appeal to the broadest demographics it can. Your super clever indie darling movie pretty much alienates a large section of general audiences just by being kind of different. That's life, deal with it, and vote with your dollars.

Wrong

>At what point is this considered a monopoly?
Shortly after you learn what a monopoly is, i presume.

>be disney
>make a ton of movies in a year
>some fail some hit big

Disney makes less movies per year than you realize. The only film they made that underperformed was BFG

27%

DCEU

>letting other people form opinions for you

I'm right though.

also the finest hours, moana, pete's dragon, through the looking glass, and the queen of katwe. That last one I was sure was an alternative title for moana until I saw its imdb page.

Hollywood needs to become creative again.

Back in the 80s they were releasing new shit all the time like aliens, terminator, ghost buster, etc

Now Hollywood is so overburdened with nepotism that all they can think to do is make rehashes of sequels.

I can count how many creative or original movies released in Hollywood the past few years on ONE HAND that isn't some kind of re-do, sequel, or spinoff.

That's the real reason it's hemorrhaging for cash. It's too UNORIGINAL

27%

You're falling into a "better days" fallacy. For every "terminator" there were at least ten movies no one wants to remember. For 90% of everything is shit, and that 90% is forgotten over time, leaving the 10% and people to think "wow, I've found like ten great movies from the entirety of the 80s and I don't remember any other movies, so that means all movies from the 80s were great!!"

The difference being, overall hollywood output has dropped significantly. Mid-range production is dead and hollywood actually went out of it's way to kill indie production. So the result is a very small number of high budget heavily test marketed movies each year.

It was Ringo tho

FUCK I SHOULD'VE LEARNED COMPUTERS LIKE I WOULD HAVE BEEN RICH

>Hollywood needs to become creative again.

No need to put in the effort, as long as the moneybags keep coming in

The worst part are the critics. Shit always make money but at least with the DCEU, FOXU (?), Transformers and all that the critics set them straight. But to praise shit like Civil War it's NOT OK. That shit is what is going to kill hollywood in the end

>literally all kids movies

Civil war wasn't praised. It was simply deemed "inoffensively bad." As opposed to the DCEU, which is being deemed "offensively bad."

If anything disney is pandering to critics, who's job it is to sit and watch that crap, by, essentially, having the movies riff themselves, letting the audience know that it is quite okay to laugh.

>Warcraft
>89% is foreign money

Chinks really love them MMOs, don't they?

stop paying for culture, make culture free

torrent shit and make your own

lets the monsters starve

why isn't ghostbusters in that list? Where is the gender equality REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Isn't it funny that the "heavily tested" films like pro feminist ghost busters rehash tanked? Or that shitty Sloan flick? Or the fact Hollywood lost billions of dollars this year alone on rehashes?

Yea you're totally right. We're living in the golden age of television right now! Nothing but AAA content! Fuck creative integrity as long as we get to make another rehash!

I mean sure there were a plethora of shows that sucked ass, but for every 2-3 dud there was a GOLDEN show. Cases in point:
Conan the Barbarian
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Heathers (the original Mean Girls)
Ghostbusters
Terminator
Alien
Rocky
Back to the Future

None of these films would've been created if they were proposed in 2026.

Hollywood is obese with money and nepotism, leading to people who aren't very creative doing nonstop rehashes, which is why it's bursting and bleeding it's money everywhere.

they love anything that is poorly made but appeals to their autism, so yes

A film about Starcraft would fly there too