Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

They imply he's the same age as Rey even tho he was fully grown when he betrayed Luke right?

Hugo Weaving is a top tier Villain actor.

he wouldn't have needed to remove the mask, either. would have been much cooler and more sinister

That's great, Adam Driver was a good fit as Kylo Ren.

Adam Driver was pretty good with the mask on too, but when he removed it there were literally people laughing in the theater. He really should just have kept it on, no one cares who he is when he takes it off.

Hugo would have been great. It wouldn't have saved the movie though.

They're both too old, to be fair.

But Adam fucking Driver was a horrible choice, as soon as he took off the mask the whole illusion of a cool villain crashed and I couldn't take him seriously at all. He was just an angsty teenager having a fit and I didn't know why I should care.

This is so fucking retarded. Just how old is he meant to be if he's Han and Leia's son.

Why would they have cast a 60 year old man as Han Solo's son?

>Nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask

was he supposed to be their son from the beginning?

It was probably before they made that plot point, simpleton

Fassby would be fine, but I actually like the current guy for the role. He really pull of well that edgy tryhard feel.

both would be pretty damn old for the part.

I think that was kind of the point. He's very intimidating with the mask but underneath he's some columbine type

Why would they look for actors for roles before they've even decided a plot or characters? Simpleton.

>angsty teenager having a fit

this made me like him even more. a true lucas sith. a whiney little bitch. he thinks he doesnt measure up to anakin when he actually exceeds him.

It says "considered" which can mean anything from 5 minutes of thought while brainstorming to getting demos shot

>when he removed it there were literally people laughing in the theater. H
Stupid meme. I was in a full theater. No one made any noise for anything except the R2 clone giving Finn a thumbs up.

Oh and the two stormtroopers getting scared at Kylo destroying a room

not everyone goes alone to the 1 PM matinee senpai

>I didn't know why I should care.

Because he has magical powers and a big fucking space empire

>as soon as he took off the mask the whole illusion of a cool villain crashed
That was the point.

this
opening night, packed theater

so it's a meme because you didn't experience it personally?

people were cracking up when I saw it opening weekend

Clever

> Hugo
> Son of Solo
Top lel

> meme
Harsh reality

So your city is full of dumb people. Good for you.

"People were cracking up"

> same theather
> someone slips on a banana peel
> people were cracking up even more

I actually thought "Please put the mask back on"

Hugo Weaving should have been Sheev

big studios list off pretty much every single popular actor that could suit the role when auditioning, it's mostly baseless

They don't sell bananas in theaters.

So they say.

>nobody laughed during my serious film
Except when Po broke the tension with kylo Ren "who talks first? XD"
Except when kylo took his mask off
Except when bb8 shocked finn
Except when bb8 did a little thumbs up
Except when kylo threw a tantrum
Except when Han kicks back and yawns "there's always some weak spot on these death stars"
Except when "That's not how the Force works!"
Except when chewie was very brave for the nurse
Except when Rey makes the storm trooper drop his gun
Except when "Finn's in charge now!!"

TFA was one laugh-track short of a sitcom

Germanon, here, I went on the opening day, and my audience was either scoffing, going "Wha- huh?!" or outright giggling at his huge schnoz.

he looks like something from the muppet show, I have no idea who could have thought it was a good idea to cast him as the main villain

Hugo is way too obvious a choice.

In the original script he wasn't Han's son. He was an alien Jedi killer.

yeah it was just the bb8 giving a thumbs up or middle finger to finn that made everyone giggle at the place i was

I just fucking told you I saw it in a full room. Can you read?

i heard people snoring

Your point? People in my showing only laughed twice. I don't live in some wise promised land. Nobody laughs to DANCE OFF BRO and other shit either. You guys are just desperate to make the next epic /r/Sup Forums bread with your "big bang theory audience" bullshit.

Adam Driver was the perfect choice.

He has great body control and managed to make a "character" without even showing his face, just by movement alone.
From the small head turns to full body twists, everything in character.

Most tall actors have zero body control, Driver did it perfectly.

Fassbender is a bit too old and manly for what they were going for.

Imagine if they spent the trilogy building him up as this insane psychopath and towards the end when he gets beaten his mask gets taken off and we see it was just a kid trying to be edgy all along. Would've even made the scene where he kills han more effective

It's amazing how theese people pay no attention to the fans criticisms. I know they don't have to but if they're damaging the franchise man

oh yeah that would be a so cool decision wow no character development or arcs for three movies just for the EPIC TWIST reveal that he is not a perfect white model male wow you should write scripts man

ikr i was skeptical at first because he seemed like a weird choice but in the end he was my favourite character in the film

also shoutout to the scene where poe and finn meet up and shake hands and poe tells finn to keep his jacket, that shit made me cry

I saw this pic a year and a half ago and I was thinking 'how the hell is JJ gonna pull this off?'

I can't see an actor with a mature face pulling of Kylo, they would have looked ridiculous during the angst scenes.

he used lens flare to make him look better

>before release of VII
>Kylo seems like le edge tryhard baddy
>Watch TFA
>Find out that's exactly what he was supposed to be
The movie did have glaring flaws
>Mary Suewalker
>Death-StarkillerBase
but Kylo was not one of them.
part of why I'm still optimistic about 8+9