He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now

>He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now
literally what did Nolan mean by this?

I'm convinced he delivered that line wrong and it snuck into the final edit by mistake. It makes much more sense the other way around.

I sincerely never got it either

They didnt need Batman to act like a hero, it was more useful for him to be a scapegoat and protect Harvey Dent's legacy

I don't know about deserve but he's the not the hero they need right now because at that time it was better for the city of he was treated as a villain. Rather than not the hero they need right now, they need him to not be a hero right now.
Also Harvey is the white knight and they are opposites yada yada

Are you retarded?

The hero we deserve= a man that would take matter into his own hands and put the fear of god into Gothams criminals

Not the one we need right now=a man that could work within the system and ensure the criminals can be put away for good

Gordon united Gotham under the lie that dent was killed for trying to save the city

they deserve a hero that doesn't respect the law because the city is a corrupt mess but the one they need is a normal guy like Harvey who does things by the rules showing that's the right way and that the system can work

I've always said it the other way around until I rewatched it recently.

Definitely makes more sense since Gotham has treated batman like shit, so they don't deserve him, but he'll do what it takes because that's what Gotham needs right now.

Harvey Dent's legacy was retarded though it turned Gotham into a police state

It kept criminal activity low until Bane showed up

Youre a moron

It kept criminal activity low by throwing everyone in jail forever with trumped-up charges, it was like how they say that in ancient Athens literally every crime carried the death penality. It did nothing to fix the economic rot and the corruption that was the source of those crime rates.

no, the charges were real. It just kept alot of criminals in jail who wouldve gotten out simply because Harvey dent prosecuted them and he turned out to be a murderer

sup, Ra's

I thought that Sup Forums hated this movie

I am no law expert but how would the DA being a murderous madman result in the freedom of all the criminals he got into prison?
I agree it would greatly damage the reputation of everybody involved and the system as a whole though.

How can I be Ra's you stupid?Ra's is a comic character and even if he's real he's dead you moron.

sup, Liam Neeson

>Because he can take it
Never show up again for 8 years, always found this funny.

Yeah,yeah we know
You will find us and will kill us

Batman Begins' first half is pure cinema.It's a shame Nolan can't direct an action scene yet he insists to do those scenes.

yeah, he built some nuclear bomb then pouted because maggie gyllenhaal died

HARVEY DENT BUILT THIS BOMB! IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

I rewatched this movie for the >15th time yesterday around 4am. God fucking damn, it still holds up as some of the most epic, intense and captivating shit. Rachel can suck it though, and 2-faced harvey before the transformation is annoying as fuck.

He quoted Jeff Bridges from Iron-Man

>God fucking damn, it still holds up as some of the most epic, intense and captivating shit.
is this bait?

Because Gotham deserved a selfless vigilante willing to take care of crime, but what they needed was a pubblic official who was not corrupt and willing to fix the city ie Harvey Dent.

"He can take it", Batman can take the blame for his crimes because he's a vigilante, if Dent's reputation was ruined so was his legacy and the people of Gotham had no one to turn to. No real "hero" who was there to fix the city.

Geez, this is high school tier logic. How come you didn't get it?

No, it's just a really well-made movie, in my opinion. I'm not a kino aficionado, but I do have a lot of red flags, I just know what I want.

why did Nolan decide to not give a fuck when he was making TDKR? what went wrong?

>what went wrong?
Sup Forums went autistic and is the only place that hates the dark knight rises

Heat Legend dies.

I mean, it really is a clunky movie. A lot of the dialogue is terrible, the plot makes no sense if you think about it for more than a minute and the action scenes are embarrassing

I rarely see anybody talking about the first Nolan Batman. I saw it for the second time this year, gives nice backstory, Rachel is way hotter and maybe better overall, not as strong as the following movies, but yeah
What do you y'all think

I liked it, the fight scenes felt the most faithful to Batman as a character, because he uses stealth, deception and trickery to take out rooms of armed thugs instead of relying on meme magic to make all of the bullets miss him or the bad guys forget to shoot

>So you came back to die with your city?
>Nuh. I cam back to stop u.

BRAVO NOLAN.

By the way, the constant changes in aspect ratio were fucking terrible.

>By the way, the constant changes in aspect ratio were fucking terrible.

jesus christ this so much

there's artistic vision and then there's autistic inconsistency and TDKR was not the former

Aspect ratio should not change more frequently than the background music

>changing aspect ratio
I don't remember them doing this, when did it happen

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember one particularly jarring switch in the final fight with Bane, where they move from outside to inside.

He's the one they deserve because Batman is a dark, violent, vigilante, he's exactly what Gotham has brought upon itself. But he's saying that right now they need positivity to improve Gotham, Harvey Dent's image is the hero they need (even if it means covering up Dent's later crimes).

It makes more sense (and is a much better movie) then Batman Vs. Superman. DKR is worse then Begins or Dark Knight though

>it was better than BvS
that's not exactly a high bar

true

what would TDKR have been about if Ledger hadn't died?

Bane would break him out of jail, and It would've been a much better movie

Fuck off, its a great fucking movie