Rogue One - Vader's Slaughter scene leaked !

Here it is !
scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/15587656_359637867750015_8770508971472584704_n.mp4

Other urls found in this thread:

imax.com/theatres
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not very interesting

Too much meme pandering with the choke meme

i think i'll be waiting for the yify rip for this flick

Holy fuck it looks good

Really fucking cool desu
Shows how ruthless Vader is

Looks like utter shit

looks weird out of context.

Need the full cam vid of the film desu

That last choke throw was weak as fuck. Also the no look saber slash is full on "nothing personal kid."

I do dig the horror vibe though.

no reason to use the choke when his saber is already out

>female and minority soldiers in every scene
>all the soldiers are white males in the scene where they get slaughtered

really makes you think, huh?

tryhard edgelord meme flick

sweet now I REALLY don't need to see this movie

Cool, but he doesn't move like that when fighting Obi-Wan, and Luke.

kek it's true

so they just watched some clips from Battlefront and said "yea that will work"

Thank you for confirming I will miss absolutely nothing of value skipping this movie.

Vader isn't meant to be this powerful or mobile. Compare this to the opening of IV, or his duels with Luke in V and VI. The power level creep here is ridiculous.

I actually enjoy these new Star Wars movies less than I enjoy new FMVs for shitty Bioware SW games. At least the latter might surprise me by being accidentally creative.

This Vader scene is the only reason I would have pirated Rogue one and now I don't even have to do that.

Thats fucking awsome. It has the atmosphere of a fucking horror film.

Wow. Omg guys that was amazing. So intense!

That looked fucking retarded.

alright, looks bretty good in fact

i hear the space battles are breathtaking too.

i dont care much for the plot, but this is looking to be more interesting than TFA at least.

>slaughter
>kills a couple of guys
Wow terror of the galaxy right hand man of the emperor

This is probably the most reddit scene Ive ever seen. Ive never seen a scene THAT desperate to be a meme and talked about.

looks good but is that all he does in the movie?

Fucking shills go b2r

Eh, he's younger here. Also he never really wanted to kill Luke and with Obi-Wan you could argue he knew to be careful and calculated since he was a Jedi Master.

The original trilogy Vader is cool, calm, and collected for the most part. Not spamming force chokes and shit.

Doesn't this directly precede A New Hope?

Yes, and it has the same rebel leader chick doesnt it

I does. If anything, Vader is two weeks younger in Rogue One.

It does. Last scene of Rogue One is opening scene of New Hope.

He kills a thousand of Rebels in a canon comic. He's a badass now.

youre the shill you shill

>holding phone vertically to film a cinema screen
Why?

What's he shilling?

>vader fighting
boo
>vader fighting with his lightsaber
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

what the fuck you guys

>Compare this to the opening of IV
It looks like it is the opening between when he boards the ship and when he busts through the door in a new hope

wow that looks fucking stupid

Vader should have snapped someones neck if you really wanted him to look bad.

Just because i dont follow your contraian hivemind doesnt make me a shill you massive faggot

That looks AWESOME
should I go watch it 3D ?

>ripping off wolverine cameo in xmen apocalypse
disney doe it again

why didnt he do this in episode IV?

star wars no longer exists. they will now milk as many movies as possible.
it no longer is an idea, it solely exists to make money for the mouse. now be good and give them your money.

This
Or maybe force-implode their cranium or something brutal like that

>now

>shills defending THAT

Holy fuck

Logically speaking, he has nothing to fear from the rebels. He can be reckless and mow them down with impunity.
His fight with Obi Wan is their first encounter in 20 years. Their last fight ended with Vader dismembered. He's being cautious, because he doesn't know what Obi Wan is still capable of.
When Vader fights Luke on Cloud City, he knows that Luke is his son. He's not fighting to slaughter him outright. He wants to spare him, if possible. "Now, Luke. There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you."

I AIN'T CLICKING THAT SHIT

Should I?

>mfw Disney turned Vader in to a Power Ranger

I want off this ride!!!!REEEEEEEEEEEEE

yes, be sure to check the movie out in IMAX for the genuine 3D experience!

imax.com/theatres

fuck yeah, thanks

Kek. It looks shit.

>le force choke XD

Any popcorn deals?

Eh, he's pretty slow here.

It's mostly the force fucking with everyone, as it allows him to get within saber range and chock people/throw them around.

In movies killing women is only allowed in really emotional scenes.

Rebels are a white supremacist group.

They don't want him to look bad though, he's the equivalent of the bad guy in wrestling who gets cheered because he's cool. He's the most marketable Star Wars character so they probably want people to love him rather than hate him, hence killing the other main villain

>Logically speaking, he has nothing to fear from the rebels. He can be reckless and mow them down with impunity.
Why didn't he just fucking tear through the Tantive IV then in a New Hope? Why send storm troopers?

Darth Vader getting the JJ Abrams Star Trek treatment

>We need to have [guy from original IP] and he needs to do [famous thing from original IP] that market tests for recognizability.

FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME THING AS THE ORIGINAL FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE FORCE CHOKE

Darth Vader, frankenstein golem of sith alchemy, only knows one trick, because the audience's puny brains can only see one thing at a time! Don't have Vader do anything interesting or cool, in line with his character! Just have him do the SAME things, so they know it's the SAME! Don't confuse the rubes!

unless the rest of the movie has him heavily in it, this is going to feel out of place when i see it in the theaters. It looks like too much of a pandering scene. Vader in the OT was not a warrior, he walked in after the troops and let them do the fighting. He used his lightsaber ceremoniously, it wouldn't be wasted on killing these guys when he could just kill them with the force anyway.

>mfw too poor to watch this anytime soon
>mfw too embarrassed to ask parents for money

Not gonna lie, this scene looks awesome and I wish I could watch it in theatres before Christmas

DONT CLICK

ITS MAKES MUSTARD GAS

looks so completely low effort like it's a tv program. fuck gareth and fuck disney.

This is a good question.

He should have been fine with Tantive IV going by this scene, and I don't seem him using peons unless he has to

this.

Force choke looks weak as fuck. I guess the retarded Jews at Disney are still buying that piratical effects meme. They could've at least enhanced the scene with cgi. Perhaps my biggest gripe with the new Star Wars, they should use cgi to enhance scenes. TFA looked clunky as fuck with all those piratical meme effects.

For the same reason that a lot of illogical shit happens in movies: To draw out the narrative.

Reminds me of Battlefront 2 when you'd get to play as Vader.
I'd still rather pull out my old Xbox and play that again than watch the movie.

All black people must pay.

I didn't like that at all. As powerful as Vader was in the original trilogy, he was obviously also vulnerable - lacking in mobility and staying clear of unnecessary conflict. You could even argue that Vader didn't win a serious duel in the original trilogy - Obi Wan let him win, he toyed with Luke and then let Luke beat him.

camrip when

Jesus christ that looks fucking awful

Especially the part where he grabs multiple guns from multiple people

Haha guys remember when Vader did that force choke in A New Hope? Haha remember that haha?

TFA is the last Star Wars movie I'll pay to watch. It's just a stream of nauseating references from here on out.

The scene makes clear that Obi-wan was going to lose that duel on the death star, it was just a matter of time, he chose to go in that moment so to not slow down the others. I think the staying clear of conflict was more of a status thing. Grunts fight other grunts and vader isn't a grunt, which is why I don't like this scene. Hopefully the rest of the movie is good enough to overlook it.

Finally, he looks menacing as fuck. This is the Star Wars I want to see.

almost as bad as seeing yoda fight in the reboots

WHY DIDNT HE DO THIS IN THE OPENING SCENE OF EPISODE 4?

WHAT THE FUCK

Indeed

It's just as important for him, as the plans are on the ship

I can't see him handing it off to the troopers unless he's incapable of handling it. This shows he can handle it.

IT'S NOT JAR JAR STEPPIN IN DA POOPY SO IT AINT KINO SON

STEP OFF

Really?

>this was a 10/10 villain in the 80's

Yeah, the clip got me seriously excited about it.

It would've worked if he was hot on the heels of the protagonists, slaughtering the soldiers to get at them, but the last of them died the previous scene.

Meh. Nothing really interesting or particularly exciting about it. The whole scene just seems to be a "MEMBER DARTH VADER? MEMBER FORCE CHOKING? I MEMBER" nostalgia thing to get the fanboys to freak out and praise the movie.

>no bones crunching on those force throws
>no throats crushing on the force chokes
>can't even hear the iconic breathing
>disarms 3 guys at once but doesn't stop any bolts mid air like his bitch ass grandson
>too many cuts takes all the air out of the performance
>theyre all a bunch of fucking redshirts instead of the main characters

wow its nothing

Several reasons: Different writers, different story being told, different technology, different budget.

In a narrative sense, maybe slaughtering the rebels like that took a lot out of him. He's in his late 40s, doesn't work out like he used to, and his body is ruined.

Yes, the scene is there to titillate fans, but it's a fucking movie. The audience is there to be titillated. In any case, I'm done playing Devil's Advocate.

im not gonna see the movie but that looks pretty good

ep4 takes place shortly after rogue one though

there isnt a 10 year gap or some shit

if you want to theorize he blew out his ACL during this mission and is still doing therapy that i could buy

wheres the trump alien scene?

>As powerful as Vader was in the original trilogy, he was obviously also vulnerable - lacking in mobility and staying clear of unnecessary conflict.
Canon-wise, Vader was actually pretty badass in this aspect. He developed his mechanical suit into an advantage over the decades. He knew exactly his capabilities and his enemies.

This canon of him as an efficient strategic killing machine hadn't really developed in the original movies, but going by what's the canon now, he should have crushed Obi-Wan at that time, and easily.

Of course

They could have made it so that it respected the source without needed to explain off screen (he's tired).

so how is he alive? is it anakin under the suit? what's with the power first after every fucking force choke? why is he killing his mens?

>ep4 takes place shortly after rogue one though

Yes. Immediately after. Not a month, not a week, not even a day. The end of Rogue One leads directly into the beginning of A New Hope.

>there isn't a 10 year gap or some shit

There might not even be a 10 minute gap. Moving like that takes energy, and he's not as fit as he used to be. He was winded by it, and spent the rest of the engagement strolling casually in behind his troops.

Reading comprehension is an important skill.

that crappy costume they put him in is unforgiveable

weren't they making a big deal about how they were going to make a star wars movie without lightsabers?

>The whole scene just seems to be a "MEMBER DARTH VADER? MEMBER FORCE CHOKING? I MEMBER" nostalgia thing to get the fanboys to freak out and praise the movie.
that's the catch about the whole reboot
It has NOTHING but fanboy pandering

I think it looks pretty cool, you guys hate everything. I'll probably go see this with a few friends this weekend.

I'm not sure why you all have such a weird emotional connection to Star Wars to the point that you treat these flicks as if they are committing sacrilege when they don't suck you dick. Oh, well. Stay angry at everything. It's done you wonders in life so far.

It's gotten us the presidency, so yes

>"WAAAAAAH WE NEED TO SEE MORE OF VADER KILLING PEOPLE SO HE'S ACTUALLY THREATENING!!!!!"
>"WAAAAAAH WHY IS VADER KILLING SO MANY PEOPLE?! MY AUTISM CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!!"

There is literally no pleasing you shitlords, is there?

>piratical effects meme
What? Are you trying to type practical but you can't because you're a fucking retard? Are you also trying to imply practical effects are bad?