I didn't go to film school, I went to films

>I didn't go to film school, I went to films

What did he honestly mean by this? That's like saying "I didn't learn how to cook, I ate food."

OH IT SHOWS QUENTIN
IT SHOWS

He meant he didn't get formal education, he just watched lot of Japanese films and copies everything from them

I guess you can learn about camera angles, editing, and lighting from films, but you can't learn practical set design and things like that. But when the fuck has quentin ever needed set design in his films, they are all live action

point is, if you're an intelligent man you don't need a professor to tell you what's going on in a film in terms of pacing, editing, character development, etc.

>I didn't go to code school, I just press Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V.

It's how I got my job KEK

Tarantino dropped out in the fifth grade.
And now he's an acclaimed filmaker doing hookers and blow.
Even though he's completely ugly he got to pork prime Mira Sorvino and Uma Thurman, while making movies with the best racial filled dialog.

I like him.

>he got to pork

You mean he got to suck their mangled toes

>I didnt go to school, I stayed home and watched my mom getting dicked by black guys.

oh it shows quentin

>it's a black male thing *farts*
what did Quentin mean by this?

Several studies have shown that by watching a craft one does not thereby come to possess any ability in that craft. For example, professional basketball commentators are no better than the general public at anticipating whether a pro player will make a shot, given a snapshot of the player about to attempt the shot. However, a pro player will have a very high rate of accuracy in their anticipation of whether the shot will be successful.

tl;dr You can't get good at film-making by watching films.

>I didn't go to flight school, I watched Airplane! a hundred times

yeah, forgot about that

More like "I didn't learn how to cook, I sent people to the hospital"

>live action doesn't use set design

retarded. opinion discarded

That is some marvelously shitty reasoning right there my senpai.

(((school)))

Ive listened to a thousand music albums, does that mean I could compose a professional quality album?

What he actually meant was:
>I didn't go to film school, I went to flicks.

Why is he turning into Richard Kiel?

But clearly you can, because most of the greatest filmmakers of all time never went to film school.

It means you probably have better skills at determining that makes for a catchy melody and how a song is composed to the average joe.

Musicians make music by listening to others and draw inspiration from people and songs they like.

You don't even need to play any instruments to compose an album.
Since you have that many albums under your belt you should probably be able to think up a song and get someone else to play it.