What's the verdict Sup Forums?

What's the verdict Sup Forums?
Is Rogue One some political, sjw bullshit or is it actually a good sci-fi movie?
No shills allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tv/1481741494834.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

neither it's a focus tested corporate product for children and millenials for the purpose of selling merchandise

It's a star wars movie, so it's
>for kids
>completely unnecessary
>pure shit

The "everyone is a distinct race" thing for the sake of diversity just makes it too blatant. Like it's an episode of captain planet. Why didn't they get different alien races? Those were on the rebel's side. But they had to make it all humans to fill a diversity quota

It's a story that was precisely calculated to bring in the most profit and fans.

That's because the rebellion is a human (white) supremacist organization.

i watched it. it's full of anti-white and anti-male messages and jewish propaganda. if you're a true red pilled white supremacist, do not watch it. i repeat DO NOT WATCH IT. it's degenerate trash and if you'll get triggered if you watch it.

Shill here, it's great! It has the best battle scenes since Empire Strikes Back!

oh, and I LOVVVVEE how they brought back Darth Vader. He was soooo scary!
o.0

He just used that FORCE CHOKE like *BRRARBRBRB* and everyone was like ARGGGGHH and ran away! was so le fun!

this

but with a cave eat:

-you can't help but notice how diverse the good guys are. It's very powerful and I was moved to tears.

In that other thread, a shill accused me of being a communist for suggesting that. Same thing goes for TFA.

you gotta go back to Sup Forums

It was okay

Honestly the Vader scene is the one everyone will talk about, everything else will probably be forgettable, once again Disney is having to rely on the old shit

And to think I used to date someone who acted like this.

nothing in this picture looks like star wars

Do you guys not know what a joke/false flag is or is your reply just part of the joke at this point

preach brother!
WHITE POWER
WHITE POWER
WHITE POWER

It's shills arguing with shills. They are all on the same side, and pretending to argue with one another.

A good sjw sci fi movie

I knew it would eventually happen, but figured it would be a little more subtle.

>cave eat

I probably would have forgiven the diversity bullshit if the main girl was a sexy Twi'lek.

It is a movie that is aimed towards maximizing profits. If people like the movie it has potential of faring better than a movie that is hated.

The movie has the political agenda / bullshit of a level of not angering too many political groups.

It is a good sci-fi movie and entertainment overall. It is an even better Star Wars movie. I am starting to think of EP7 as non-canon and this movie as the EP3.5.

we have rebels for that

It was better than TFA, but they still haven't uncovered exactly what made the originals so good

Much better than 7 and entertaining for what I paid to see it. The plot was just stupid bullshit but the climax had some weight to it and the ending was decent considering what constraints were in place.

5/10

(If they bring these fuckers back in ep 8...)

>cave eat

STOP SUPPORTING HOLLYWOOD PROPAGANDA YOU IDIOT

He said SEXY goddamn it. Lucas knew how to get a top FREAK on!!>

(((J. J. Abrams)))

Is it actually possible for this film to be more than a mediocre success when word of mouth starts to spread?

It's a 'family friendly' franchise, and this entry with no Luke, Han, Rey or Kylo, and only a cool cameo by Vader and Tarkin, is basically a depressing 'serious war film'.

The public think they are going to see an upbeat space adventure where the heroes triumph against the bad guys. Now technically they do, but in a very Saving Private Ryan sense. This is more Battlestar Galactica 2000 in tone than it is Flash Gordon.

Parents will be taking their kids to this, expecting The Force Awakens style family fun, and will have to explain why everyone is dead and the man in black killed all the scared men.

I personally think it's fucking glorious, but I'm not sure the normies will.

How does James Earl Jones sound?

Just got back from watching it.

It's a decent movie and if you like Star Wars you will not be disappointed. Sure the plot has tons of flaws and could have done with some tidying up, but it works if you don't think too much. All in all I was entertained and it was worth the money.

It was kinda bland in the first half but really picked up towards the end, it's like they somehow began to "get" Star Wars but a little late. One thing I had predicted before I saw it (since it's really obvious) but I'm surprised they Disney actually went through with it is having all the heroes die and not leaving even one alive to milk in spin-offs later on

Agreed. This will be the Alien 3 of the Star Wars franchise.

Oh fuck now you're really wanting me to see it. I'm morally conflicted.

Not the user you are replying to but I think it was kinda off. It didn't really sound right to me. Maybe it was just my memory being fuzzy.

>star wars
>sci-fi

In theater now 25 mins and i will tell you

Jyn Erso is a Mary Sue
Darth Vader was hardly in it despite being marketed quite a bit
Tarkin looks uncanny
Whole movie is kinda pointless

Ah man. That sucks. This movie should have come out a decade ago.

Like I said it might have been my memory of vaders voice. But it sounded off to me. Though it didn't ruin the scene.
Yeah it would have been interesting to see how Lucas would have tackled this story.

>((((((((JEW JEW SHEKELBERGSTEIN ABRAHAMOVIC))))))))))

Just saw it. Don't fall for the blatant shilling on Sup Forums like I did. It's crap.

turn your phone off you little faggot

almost the entire movie is online now due to .webms of camrips but there are ZERO pictures or .webms of the orange alien who is supposed to represent Trump?

i.4cdn.org/tv/1481741494834.webm

because it's neither orange ore representating trump
it's just a big squid

that shitskin was literally an ex-imperial, you niggers

I just saw it, this movie is literally Donald Drumpf's worst nightmare. Drumpfkins will kick and cry but the film will still shatter records because it is a kick-ass Star Wars film a la The Empire Strikes Back.

>entire movie is online now due to .webms

I have only seen the two Vader .webms
I know there is the opening scene leak what are the others

fuck haters, this is probably one of the best sci-fi films in recent years. light years better than the shitfest that was episode 7. it's still star wars, so don't expect kino out of it, but for what it's worth, rogue one is probably the best star wars film since the original trilogy. and no, there was no political agenda whatsoever. i loved the characters, especially the sassy robot. he was the best

the robot was shit a less humanised version would have been better and would have pointed out more than captain coldbloodedmotherfucker is a coldbloodedmotherfucker

Thank you for Correcting The Record

he kinda reminded me of hk-47 from kotor, that's why i loved him i guess. also he is supposed to be a polar opposite of c3po, but it was nice to see how he warmed up to felicity jones in the end..all in all they did a fine job portraying him.

>true red pilled white supremacist

know they're trailer court trash, have daddy insecurity issues, and hate others in order to avoid hating themselves

>there was no political agenda whatsoever
well I guess that makes the boycott a big shame then doesn't it

I guess Whitta and Weitz should have shut their goddamn mouths instead of annoying everyone after a stressful and quite frankly infantile US election

>Correcting The Record
no seriously there is nothing political about this film. in fact rebels are portrayed as cold-blooded killers and bureaucrats who will either do anything to achieve their end or save their skins. only a handful of them (including white men) manage to redeem the organization in the end

where you lying nigger kike?

>uses the word sjw
>asks for no shills

fuck off retard

>Whitta and Weitz
whatever they said, twas utter bullshit. by spouting nonsense they just alienated some of their potential viewers, which was an incredibly dumb move

No, it was supposed to be a serious war film - and it was, and shaping up to be something pretty good by all acounts - until fucking Iger and the Disney bots saw an early edit.

Suddenly it was forced reshoots to adjust "tone" etc.

Aaaand now we have whatever design by committee nonsense ended up passing muster.

It will underperform precisely *because* of Jewish Tricks (tm) from the Maus Haus. But what will happen is Disney shills will push the narrative that it was "too dark" and they'll never experiment outside the formula again.

Well?

>star wars
>sci fi
pick one

shut up faggot

I liked it.

I liked the Jedi guy, I liked the less straight forward approach to the force.

I liked the rebels with m1helmets with covers and shit tacked on, AR reciever blasters, door gunners and X-wing CAS, tickled my 'Nam fetish.

I liked the robot.

I liked the pilot.

I liked Darth Vader being a smart ass.

I liked Darth Vader being spoopy.

I liked all the little bits. Biggs, rebel characters, Antilles, etc.

I liked that it reminded me of when I was playing Star Wars as a kid with my friends, .

I liked how they all died.

I liked the space battle.

I liked seeing a lot of the old shit back, after having watched all the Ipod troopers and bootleg X-wings and Ties.

The animated OT characters were uncanny valley, and at least one could have stuck with just being implied, and the soundtrack was a meh, I'd have appreciated more of the OT soundtrack used, but so far that's really my main criticism. First time around Tarkin weirded me out, then I got used to him, and then Leia reset the whole thing and I sat there for the first bit of the credits being weirded out again.

9/10 It was alright.

Its good ends right before a new hope

No one ever calls me anyway

If you have read the tweets and comments by the writers, director, etc, you will definitely notice that White males are evil and just about everyone else is a saint. It isn't part of the dialog or anything, but once you see it the politics, you can't unsee it.

It did ruin the film for me.

I'm with you, though I can't give it a 9/10 as a film.

Probably a 7/10 with TFA at 5/10

It's pretty much a Not-Dark Forces mixed with Not-X-Wing books and Not-Fall-of-Reach; which as a fan of Star Wars, is all you need

So is the big robot guy cool at all or some just merchandise ploy to be the next BB-8?

As much as that faggot writer talked shit on Twitter, there's no current politics in the movie.

There's diversity quotas with the main goodies, but we all know about that.

this

its Social Justice Wars. Annoying pandering

It's basically Star Wars' taken on the Dirty Dozen, right? Or at least that archetype.

I mean if thousands of little children grow up terrified of Vader because of this film, I feel that is a success. Vader is a scary motherfucker at the end of this.

Also just imagine being a kid and getting like this and the original trilogy, so you see this scary-ass Vader and Luke beats him in the end.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the most similar boards on Sup Forums.

It's not great. Don't see it

He's trolling you

Lots of false flag "Sup Forums"sters around

There are some aliens in the 'Rogue' squad.

As a big SW fan since the '80s, I loved it. And I wasn't impressed by Force Awakens.

Yeah, I don't think it was 100%. But close enough that I wasn't sure 'til the credits if it was JEJ or a good impersonation.

>most profit

because the Television is the 20th century jewish super weapon, calibrated for the destruction of reality, truth, and western society

makes sense Sup Forums and Sup Forums's thematic cross-over

>Much better than 7
that's not really an endorsement

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

i think if they would had replayced all characters with Jar Jar Binks it would have been not that much worse because all the new characters are uninteresting

fucking this

>Whole movie is kinda pointless
although likely a valid argument, and as it indeed was for the schlocky TFA, this not really an argument, given the OT was as complete a trilogy as there has been

even the Wachowski traps' trinity could warrant another 3-way sesh more than SW can... esp. given how shitty the first four, post-OT iterations have been

>merchandise ploy
its mildly amusing but yes merchandise is going to be big all round

>I can't give it a 9/10 as a film.
>Probably a 7/10 with TFA at 5/10
that reads as reasonable as I've encountered so far -- TFA was shit and warrants a '5' purely on the strength of it sporting the SW moniker, while this one is at least watchable (albeit nothing but a demographic pandering cash-grab)

It's the best movie I've ever seen! And I'm so glad I saw it in a packed cinema. The atmosphere was fantastic and made it so good. You can't wait for home release to watch this. Go see it now!

Nostalgia goggles?

I would have settled for them just making the blind force worshiping guy into one of those blind near-human aliens that see with the force in the old EU.

The last part was mostly a joke, I don't really put numbers on how much I like movies. 7/10 seems fair.

> Jyn Erso is a Mary Sue

No she isn't, she only succeeds her mission because she has help from other men.

> muh no white characters

There are white characters, many white male characters. Just because the main group of Rebels in the film are a ragtag mix of races doesn't mean that whites are pushed to the sidelines. Also the ausfag villian gave a solid performance considering his classical acting training. Don't think I heard that dumb "IMMENSE POWUH" line in the film at all.

Characters are a major step up from TFA's extremely vanilla characters. The main group were great to watch. Plot and execution is also a lot more original than TFA's recycled ANH crap.

If TFA is a 4/10 give or take for a proper Star Wars fan then this is definitely a 7, maybe an 8/10. My main issue is the lack of opening crawl and Kurosawa-esque editing, didn't make the film "feel" like Star Wars even though the characters, story, locations and everything in-between had classic Star Wars flavour that TFA missed.

Its ok

its better than Attack of the clones and maybe on par with Revenge of the Sith

>If it was somehow going to be a trilogy of these characters i would say it was shit but as a one and done its ok

I would say its worth the price of the ticket even if you are not a star wars fan

>POWUH
No iRebel either.

And those AT-ATs weren't actually vulnerable to rockets.

Those reshoots were beneficial apparently. I would have liked an ever so slightly darker tone though. That second act was on point.

Those weren't AT-ATs. They're AT-ACT's, hollow inside because they're used to transport cargo. ESB AT-AT's had shields up against the Rebels attacks.

Christ you Nazis are literally no different to so-called SJWs when it comes to being insufferable dick heads. I'll smash you all with a fucking baseball bat.

It's better than TFA:

>Pretty dark and gritty
>Tarkin CGI wasn't actually bad (except for the eyes)
>Set design was nice
>Although Vader was barely in it, his scenes felt like "proper" Star Wars
>A nice level of callbacks that fit in, unlike with TFA
>Humuor was sparse and when used, felt natural
>Movie doesn't hold back

Major spoilers: The whole cast dies, Vader was awesome when he was slicing through rebels and they were desperately trying to get the plans onboard the Tantive IV, R2 and 3PO cameo was nice and one of the Catina guys that picked a fight with Luka made a cameo.

>you
>a fagoo

The bad:
>Vader introduction was kind of meh, not too intimidating
>Some pretty damn cheesy lines, the whole 'hope' thing
>Some sorta forced cameos
>Meh soundtrack
>Generic storyline
>Tarkin and Leia when talking. Well, not really bad, but a bit uncanny valley.

The good:
>Tarkin and Leia when not talking
>Basically the last 20 min or so
>Vaders hallway scene redeems his weak introduction
>How neatly it ties in with ANH
>Tons of references to the OT but also some designs from the PT
>World building and sets are amazing, they show like 4 different planets very quickly in the first act.
>Jeddah City was cool as fuck, nice to see a city under empire control

Went in with low/mid expectations and I was pretty pleasantly surprised actually.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0

Jyn dies by crashing her X-Wing into an Imperial Commannd Center to kill her father