Prime Mike Tyson is the most dominant fighter of all time

>Prime Mike Tyson is the most dominant fighter of all time
>Mike Tyson would have been the GOAT if Cus D'Amato didn't die
So we're all in agreement over these two statements correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eUx9OE7DZAo
youtu.be/9n7zExsuCRU?t=2m54s
youtu.be/YNJ7vwBLKjc
youtu.be/_NThAEHN7c4
youtube.com/watch?v=m5kLCbDposI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no LOL

I can literally name 10 better heavyweights rn.

1. Tyson Fury
2. Anthony Joshua
3. Daniel Dubois
4. Wladimir Klitschko
5. Dillian Whyte
6. Luis Ortis
7. Dereck Chisora

and no Wilder is a big stiff idiot

kys you're self

>190cm
That your waistline or your bust?

>10
>7
>welsh education

>Dillian Shite

What is it with turboplebs and Mike Tyson?

He's not even a Top 10 heavyweight in boxing history. Not even a Top 100 boxer Pound for Pound in boxing history.

I can give you a huge list of Heavyweight boxers who a) Would have beat him (with the conditioning at their time of fighting) and b) Who were better Pound for Pound throughout history.

No. Taller, great boxers will always give him trouble and beat him most of the time. Joe Louis, Ali or Lennox Lewis will be better.

>I can give you a huge list of Heavyweight boxers who a) Would have beat him (with the conditioning at their time of fighting) and b) Who were better Pound for Pound throughout history.
Go for it

Reminder that this guy literally paralysed a man with a single punch

Lennox Lewis pussied out when prime Tyson wanted to fight. Had to wait until after his tailspin

Samefag

I keep forgetting that prime Tyson only existed for about a year.

Op is kinda right. The operative word is "prime". Back then he was a different fighter. Jail made him lazy and unfocused. Cus had him finely tuned. Not saying he beats everyone, but he's definitely competitive w/ anyone in his prime. That's just a fact jack

a) Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko, Lennox Lewis, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Evander Holyfield, Muhammad Ali, George Foreman (both eras)

*these are favoured. Doesn't dismiss other heavyweights who COULD win but wouldn't be necessarily favoured, i.e. Buster Douglas

b) Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Larry Holmes, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Gene Tunney, Jack Dempsey, Sam Langford, Jack Johnson, Floyd Patterson, Sonny Liston, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, Jim Jefferies

>rocky marciano
>prettyboy Lewis
>the glass jaw brothers

Immediately discarded

>Anthony Joshua
ajajajajajajaa

>rocky marciano
Marciano is better Pound for Pound and had a far, far better career than Tyson.
>prettyboy Lewis
Better Pound for Pound. Too big, put Tyson to sleep later in his career.
>the glass jaw brothers
Too big. Also Vitali had an absolute monster chin you clown.

He's too big for Tyson.

>calling a boxer a fighter
prime tyson would be murdered by some of the shittiest mma heavyweights lmao

a fat old retired Ray Mercer stopped a UFC heavyweight champ in less than a minute in the octagon

Anderson Silva quit on his stool against a tomato can in his boxing career, he sucked at fighting too much to be a boxer.

Lmao
youtu.be/eUx9OE7DZAo

Can crusher. Literally lost every semi competitive fight he was in.

>Also Vitali had an absolute monster chin you clown.
youtu.be/9n7zExsuCRU?t=2m54s

Prime Tyson was deadly

He literally ducked a 40 year old foreman

Tim Sylvia had a shit career and was champ in a shit era.

James Toney was embarrassed by a senile old fuck in couture.

lmao @ ur life

A fucking WWE wrestler won a championship in that division, don't ever talk to me about that joke sport again, full of tomato cans roided to the fucking gills.

>kickboxing footage from 1992
Literally who cares.

Brock Lesnar was an all american twice. He'd fuck up any hw boxer if he used it.

He's a fucking bum off his head on drugs, call me when he stops 'wrestling' with 6'1 carpet cleaner salesmen and actually fights someone with half a brain, footwork and who can punch.

Those fat plodding '''fighters''' in the UFC are absolute tomato cans, can barely move out of their own weight.

>Cain Velasquez

6'1 literal who midget that beat a bunch of Sau Paulo uber drivers no one cared about, so what?

nice try ahmed

Are you old enough to have seen that motherfucker in his prime? People were fucking afraid to fight him. Agreeing to a fight with him might as well have come with requiring the writing of living will. Dude could potentially detach brain stems and had the speed to rival Ali.

>losing the argument

LMAOing at your life tbqhwy

Tyson's prime lasted about six weeks and ended when Cus died/Rooney left/he went to jail/he discovered coke/he stubbed his toe really badly (delete where appropriate)

>Are you old enough to have seen that motherfucker in his prime?
No, which means I can actually watch the fight tape without nostalgia distorting me from the reality.
>People were fucking afraid to fight him
Until some people weren't, and actually used a jab and some brains.

Tyson got beat by a fucking journeyman with 4 losses. His best win is either against a 38 year old Larry Holmes who hadn't boxed for 21 months, or Michael Spinks.

How can Tysonfags defend this? I like Tyson, but he's not a Top 10 Heavyweight, nor was he ever the best/most dangerous fighter of all time, even in his mythical ''''prime'''''. There's either a whole list of excuses, or just blatant hyperbole in its place.

pretend I posted the galaxy brain meme with Tyson is GOAT ---> Tyson sucks -----> Tyson is a great HW who matches up badly with certain other great HWs

>Until some people weren't, and actually used a jab and some brains
Which was never the case until his brain was ruined from booze and jail

>1 and 2

lost my shit there well done m8

People didn't stop being afraid of Tyson until his public life became a train wreck

IT WALKS TOWARDS THE CAMERA

I'm not a "Tysonfag" you idiot. He was a crazy misnomer type of fighter that could potentially kill you because of how hard he hit and he was fast and competent enough that it might actually happen.

You could beat him and still end up with a 3rd degree concussion. He was just bad news all-around. A great big ball of muscle that could use it. You respect the greats, that's it. Stop being such a superfluous fuck face nigga.

Prime Tyson mostly fought mega-bums.

>'wrestling' with 6'1 carpet cleaner salesmen
Thanks for crushing my dreams, user.

*walks towards you respectfully*

>There's either a whole list of excuses, or just blatant hyperbole in its place.
>There's either a whole list of excuses, or just blatant hyperbole in its place.

Tyson only beat bums.

if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle

Agreed op - prime tyson beat the fuck out of his opponents. Never seen anything like it since or beforehand.

>being 2 meters tall is the norm now in boxing
I want all lanklets to leave REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you'd best be trolling, son

The fall of Mike Tyson is the greatest thing about him. He was the baddest man around at his prime. Everyone was talking about Tyson. His power, speed and quickness. He looked unbeatable.

Then he got beat by a Buster. That fight made Tyson look human and Douglas might of been the only boxer to not be scared of him. He had knock down Douglas in the fight and looked like he would win till the shocking 10th round. The image of Tyson crawling, fumbling around for his mouthpiece ended whatever untouchability he had and to the eventual downfall in his life.

That lead to not fighting Holyfield in a huge matchup. Which lead to prison. Which lead to the "eating children" and "make you my bitch" press conferences and finally the realization that he was no match for Holyfield and the infamous ear bite. A lot of things contributed to his downfall, but that one fight loss was pretty much the beginning of the end of his boxing career.

>and the infamous ear bite
truly one of the weirdest moments in sports.
unless you saw it as it happened I think it would hard to understand.
I was at a big party, everyone watching the fight.
Ear shit happens, everyone stunned.
Then everyone was in a very quiet but shit mood. 90% of the guests gone within 5 minutes.
It was ugly, not just because of the act but because we were witnessing a real mental breakdown and no one wants to see that shit, especially in someone like that.

>that one fight loss was pretty much the beginning of the end of his boxing career

Not the 3 years he did for a false rape accusation? Alright.

Gotta agree. Oldfag here (50). He was a machine.

>Prime Tyson is the hardest hitting fighter of all time

Fixed that for you

>Mike Tyson would have been the GOAT if Cus D'Amato didn't die
youtu.be/YNJ7vwBLKjc
youtu.be/_NThAEHN7c4

Man, re-watching the Tyson scene is heartbreaking. He's really screwed up.

With regards to D'Amato he was the last of that kind. You don't see trainers with that level of knowledge anymore. If he'd lived even another 5 years Tyson would have been GOAT no questions asked.

Like I said, a lot of stuff lead to his downfall. His trainer Rooney leaving, his father figure Cushion dying, all his outside the ring problemsize of drug and an abusive relationship. But him losing to Douglas is what made people noto being afraid of him in the ring. He won his next 3 or 4 fights, but it wasn't the same unbeatable Tyson anymore. Then the rape charge put his career to a halt, but he had problems before that.

I believe if he hadn't gone to prison, Holyfield would of beat him anyway.

Why does nobody make any excuses for Lennox Lewis? Oh right, he was totally dominant throughout his career and avenged his only two losses.

this

That fight was kind of instructive- it literally shows the only chance a boxer has to win. If the striker can land a knock out blow in the first few minutes, he takes the bout. Literally every other way the bout goes down he loses horribly, e.g., James Toney vs Couture. It mystifies me that boxing fans think that the Ray Mercer fight proves anything we didn't know already.

Mike Tyson was the Ronda Rousey of his day. People feared him because he pounded cans and that fear made mid level talent guys scared and underperform against him. Once he was exposed as a paper tiger he never won another major bout.

The fight was supposed to be boxing but didnt get sanctioned. So gentlemens agreement to keep it standing.
Also Mercer lost to fucking Kimbo lmao

>That fight was kind of instructive
>It mystifies me that boxing fans think that the Ray Mercer fight proves anything we didn't know already.
so is it instructive or what

MMA is a sport for failed boxers who were too shit, weak and unmotivated to be boxers
The fuck outta here

Fury is a mediocre boxer, he's just a giant

>Joshua
oh very funny desu

youtube.com/watch?v=m5kLCbDposI

we've been through this desu

MMA is a sport for wrestlers/grapplers who want to become professional fighters

fuck off literally your only big pay per view has McGregor in it stay cucked

>[SHITPOSTS IN COCKNEY ACCENT]

Fucking hate this heavyweight era of huge oafs with shit technical abilites. (you) if you agree.

>implying McGregor is a fighter and not a clown who tells swear words to entertain millenials
He got choked like a hoe by a man with a 20-10 record jajaja

Literally your only big pay per view has Mayweather in it.

Tyson is the footballer equivalent of Zidane.

Fancy highlights reel, no real substance. Overrated cult figure with some bits of controversy thrown in. Nowhere near the true GOATs (Maradona, Messi, Scholes, CRonaldo etc.) such as Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Anderson Silva, Jo Frazier etc.

more like George Best desu

Nicely put

The same people who say Tyson is the GOAT also say Bo Jackson was the GOAT running back.

i hang out with his daughter at college lol

>Scholes

Nice try