Stop right there! Who is your favorite music reviewer / music reviewing website?

Stop right there! Who is your favorite music reviewer / music reviewing website?

Other urls found in this thread:

spectrum-pulse.ca/
youtube.com/user/SilensCursor?&ab_channel=SpectrumPulse
youtube.com/watch?v=vEqKUks_f4E
youtube.com/channel/UCeW6D_8Kfg--l5eLqGoEHwg
youtube.com/channel/UCSvdBH23oRb1ev_yTPYQPhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

metal jesus rocks

Sup Forums

spectrum-pulse.ca/
youtube.com/user/SilensCursor?&ab_channel=SpectrumPulse

only independent music critic I can find who knows anything about music, too bad he kinda wastes it mostly talking about mainstream shit

Mark Prindle

No one comes close to scaruffi

dont have one, dont care to.

this

>Giving two rotten shits about reviewers

ADoseofBuckley.

I like him because he actually enjoys and reviews country music. I do think Fantano is a better reviewer though.

Buckley got BTFO'd by Fantano last night.

this

I only watch Dead End Hip Hop and Fantano.

RYM
Sputnik
Scaruffi because he has very... "unique" opinions on things

I try to read/listen/watch whatever I can get my hands on, but my go-to sources are:

>The Melon
>Sputnik Music
>Pitchfork
>Arctic Drones

I feel like I get a good range of opinions from amateurs and "professionals"

just RYM

I haven't watched / read a music review in years. We have the internet now, you can just skim through the album on youtube / bandcamp / whatever and decide whether or not you want it.
Although I do occasionally check TMT to see what albums they reviewed since they tend to review interesting albums. The actual reviews are even more useless than regular reviews though, nothing but pretentious abstract prose.

Deep cuts

The Wire
Honestly Scaruffi gets a lot of shit but his top picks are consistently great

Don't have one. Popular music criticism is pointless, just listen to it yourself and form your own opinions

Yeah, being called a whiny bitch really destroyed his reputation. He's shaking in his boots right now!

Spectrum Pulse

youtube.com/watch?v=vEqKUks_f4E

How has no one posted the right answer yet

youtube.com/channel/UCeW6D_8Kfg--l5eLqGoEHwg

Jared that you

embarrassing

youtube.com/channel/UCSvdBH23oRb1ev_yTPYQPhw

Check out my nigga HYPESAGE!

This is too difficult to sit through

this man

This man is criminally underrated, check him out if you haven't.

But how can I know if my musical taste is good unless people on the internet say so?!

Me.

There's a shit ton of music. It helps to check some review sites to sort through some stuff a little

I just use lastfm recs, and youtube occasionally since they directed me to Ryo Fukui based on nothing

oh yikes this isnt the only one either

i'd give oliver a proper gob job

honestly this

The Wire, The Quietus, TMT, FACT mag

I love Anthony Fantano

this guy is pretty cool.

>just listen to it yourself and form your own opinions
the amount of people that post this non-argument on Sup Forums still surprises me. the way you wrote that, it implies you think that music criticism fulfils the role of telling you what to think and replace you forming your own opinion

are you truly that retarded to think such a thing?

Sup Forums.com/music/

>watching reviewers

bring back Here Lies Music ;_;

There are music reviewers other than fantano?

Heathen Harvest

this. Even if you disagree with him his top albums list is an incredible way to find great obscure music.

what purpose does it fulfill

Some one once posted a video of a kid reviewing Death Grips with his dad. I found that video sorta cute.

what a shitbag

Yes. I recently just started going from decade to decade listening to all of his 8+/10 reviews and its all so good. Pic related, one of his top picks in 1982.

Its just someone's opinion of a piece of music. Its academic, its criticism. Yes if you want to be Frank Zappa about it, its pointless and none of them know what they're talking about (and if we're going to make general statements about the world everything is "pointless"). But sometimes its easier to find good music through reviewing sites, especially if you're new to Sup Forums or you want to know where to start with a genre of music.

>favorite reviewer
stop