Is this any good?

is this any good?

Yeah first season finished and it's great fun

Also I want to have oily sweaty sex with Pharah

Its alright but theres a lot of squee lol so random~

It's pretty good, filled with cuties and has a good plot arc. I really hate that Elijah Wood seems like the same character from Wilfred, and I was almost entirely unable to remember any character names.
>Iwn be raped by murderhobo when she is "starting to feel funny down there"

It starts off good, but quickly drops off. the sister is irrational and annoying as shit, main charecter acts completly different half the episodes. LEL SO QUIRKY MUST BE GOOD THEN

>the sister is irrational and annoying as shit
I'm fairly certain she's a personal friend of Max Landis, at least I hope she is after watching the show.

This show pretty much confirmed I'm gay.

I'm in love with Dirk Gently and it really hurts. Knowing he's not real and I'll never meet him fucking sucks. I never had a crush this hard on a celebrity or character. I don't know how to handle it.

And no, I'm not a faggot who needs to "come out" or some bs. I'll just continue on in life shutting the fuck up because I don't want to loose my family but christ, it hurts.

Pretty decent show though. Like the other user said, it starts off well but kinda shifts to mediocre near the end.

Yes, it's pretty good fun. Really enjoyable puzzlebox show.

Quirky, High Energy bell-end, Like American Doctor Who; It's as if Ford Prefect was a detective

Anyone else think the music in this does not really fit?

i hate doctor who but i loved this. dirk is basically the doctor (the british version of the show especially) but for some reason i LOVED this show. i havent liked something so much in a long time honestly

I didn't really pay attention to music. Nothing to catch my attention. But what I noticed is that it's erratic and disjointed, so I think it fits.

I watched the first Episode, and I thought it was an awful adaption with bad acting and incredibly bland and boring direction.

>Almost every scene is just two people standing and talking, or sitting and talking.
>Except for a handful of insert shots there no visual storytelling whatsoever.
>Every character speaks and sounds the same way, everyone is witty and smarmy.
>The humor feels incredibly forced.

Dirk's Character is completely wrong.
This iteration of the character lacks all of the sleaze and nastiness of Dirk Gently. Dirk only really cares about three things

>Solving the case with as little effort as possible
>Free food
>Earning as much money as possible

He's supposed to be messy and unkempt, and this hipster faggot canary yellow jacketed Dirk is just a generic super genius handsome hipster. He's nothing good about Dirk Gently, and everything I hate about Dr.Who.

This is quite possibly one of the worst adaptions of a novel I've ever seen.

It's a shame because there was a pretty decent TV adaption of it from a couple years ago on BBC4, but it only got 4 episodes.

I have only seen the first episode and the music was really sad. To me it really didn't fit with the tone of the novels.

Lol. Have you questioned being gay before?

Also, no gay man would be as friendly as Dirk is.

Should I read Long Dark Teatime? I bought it and the intro was so fucking british that I stopped a chapter in.

Well yeah, but that's mainly because I'm not really into women. I just thought I was devoid of that kinda lust.

>Also, no gay man would be as friendly as Dirk is.
What makes you say that?

Dirk himself really is the highlight of the novels. Being a Douglas Adams story the Britishness gets laid on pretty thick from time to time, but if you give it a good chance it's one of the funniest and enjoyably absurd things you'll ever read.

>the intro was so fucking british that I stopped a chapter in
Picked up

Pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but 2012 mini-series was better.

I'm a little more positive about it, but I pretty much agree with most of what you're saying.

The writing feels like generic quirky humor, and while it wasn't that grating to me, it didn't feel at all like it was attempting to adapt Douglas Adam's writing style. And that bothers me because Max Landis acts like the show embodies the heart and soul of Adams, and I disagree completely.

The chick is ridiculously CUTE.

Shame she's a hardcore SJW.

The book any good? Its sitting on my shelf and I liked Hitchhikers quite a bit

The pilot episode was great, I loved it. The next 2 episodes were good, but that last one where they're just wandering around a university for 50 minutes was little bad.

Yeah, I watched some interviews about the show out of curiosity, and he seems convinced that the show is nailing the tone of Adam's work. Adapting Adam's for screen is a tall order, and I think Landis is severely under qualified for the job. The 2012 mini series was mostly great, and it's like they wanted do be as unlike it as possible.

There's more than one book, and yes, they're good.

I like Fiona Dourif, she is talented like her dad and looks a lot like him

Shame this thread is dying. I really wanted someone to explain why they liked this show, because I think it's legitimately one of the worst shows I've ever seen, but so many people seem to like it.

This.
Then again; that's what the book (I only read the first) was like.

It has nothing to do with Dirk Gently, but it was quite fun.

I want to watch it for the waifu and Douglas Adams

But mainly the waifu

That's why I started watching Izombie and it was worth it

This new Dirk Gently was a joint production by BBC and some other company, maybe even BBC America, right?
So I wonder if it was made specifically for an American audience. Like, there was a board meeting and they decided that lol randum and forced comedy/ pratfalls was what an American audience would want instead of something too "British".

It's hard to describe but it definitely feels like something that's been "Americanised" in the worst way.

Watched the first episode and had to shut it off, dirk is the biggest fag character of a time. Cringed everytime he was on screen.

It's a fun little show. It probably hasn't been ruined for me because I haven't seen the old version or read the books

The book was written by Douglas Adams.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but It really reminds me of the Star Wars prequels in that most of the first episode is 90% just shot reverse shot conversations between two people either standing or sitting. There is almost no visual storytelling whatsoever. All the actors just feel like they're dumping exposition constantly. Dirk just babbles on about who he is and what he does, but we don't SEE him really do anything other than drive a car or stand around.

In the pilot of the 2012 mini series we See Dirk
>Scam an old lady into paying for his new fridge as a business expense
>Scam multiple people out of money
>Give cigarettes to a 10 year old child
>Stage a mental breakdown to gain access to someone's medical files
>Use his bizarre tangential investigation methods to actually find clues and make connections
>actually solve a case
>Reveal a murderer
>Discover time travel and react to it as a totally normal thing

And dozens of other little things that really bring out his unique character.

In the first episode of Dirk Gently (2016) we see Dirk

>Show up for no reason
>Stand and talk
>Sit and talk
>Talk while driving
>Sit and talk some more
>Talk while driving
>Get beat up
>Play a base guitar for no reason in a completely pointless scene that was completely unprompted.

I can't stress enough how disappointingly awful this new show is.

Dirk's Car from the novels and 2012 mini series.

2016 hipster Dirk's sportscar

hnnnnnnnng

So can we assume the creepy fat guy's performance is based off Mr. Plinkett? You know who I'm talking about.

It's been a long time since I read the books but I always pictured Dirk as kind of chubby and middle aged. A mix between Poirot and Grossberg from Phoenix Wright.

This Dirk looks too young and handsome to be the guy from the novels.

Netflix coproduction.

I always visualized him as Sylvester McCoy for some reason.

I always imagined him being more like 1980's Bob Hoskins.

Fun things are fun.

I think he's supposed to be chubby and in his 30s. He's definitely supposed to be schlubby, not generically handsome.

Lydia was a qt playing a dog, but when she went back to human she couldn't act for shit sadly.

>What makes you say that?
I've sucked many cocks in my lifetime, and no one has ever bothered to give me a reach around. I'm not gay though so I my be a little biased.

>has sucked cocks
>not gay
That's literally the definition of gay, fucking faggot.

Chanel Preston. If you squint.

Nice blog faggot

I'm not gay becuase I'm not sexually attracted to men, and that is the defintion of homosexuality, you retard.

Dude you literally sucked cocks, not even one cock but you even say "many cocks". You are probably just a faggot in denial or a troll.

It was decent, but very much Landis Landising it up. It also had zero to do with the books other than the name.

I was in prison, ok? I accidentally "murdered" someone, so I'm no cold blooded killer. They take advantage of the weak. if you want to survive, you have to suck cock, you just gotta do it, no other way around .
I wasn't particularly attracted to the idea but it had to be done.

You should watch the rest, it's pretty amazing.

That was only in one scene though and it's not even his car

o wow so conflicted

>Max Landis
Not even once

It's the most reddit: the tv show I've ever seen.
Don't waste your time on all these quirky and dorky "lel so randum" characters.

Also, the actor that plays Dirk Gently is overacting and annoying as fuck, probably the worst part of the show.

>the british version of the show especially

what?

is that the douglas adams character?

no the beginning is the best part of the book, the rest is pretty underwhelming and quit frankly dull.