Is he underrated? No, this isn't bait. I feel like people don't mention him when talking about the greatest rappers...

Is he underrated? No, this isn't bait. I feel like people don't mention him when talking about the greatest rappers, people are quick to forget the run Weezy had from 2004 to 2009, from albums to mixtapes to getting featured in every fucking song ever. Arguably the greatest run in hip-hop.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=u0n4eMGXAyk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=j03PBbBvgCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

he gets a lot of unfair hate, lyrically hes one of the best.

he's not taken seriously by the elitists because he's too popular and crude but he had some big moments imo

He sorta dug his own grave when he completely stopped giving a fuck after The Carter 3. He churned out years worth of trash before essentially disappearing, which sorta fucked up any lasting impression his God-tier in the late 2000s was.

Maybe not _the_ greatest run, but it was pretty amazing to behold. Dedication 2 in particular is insane.

He's seen as a joke for a reason

I feel like Wayne changed the mixtape game. He's also changing style right now. Last time I heard him was on Tyler's new album.

Weezy is underrated.

Never forget Wayne's rockstar phase.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=u0n4eMGXAyk
That's all I'll say.

Can you imagine being so fucking rich and adored that you thought you could pull something like this off?

>So misunderstood, but what's a world without enigma?
Genuinely underrated, what I don't get is why Jay-Z is so overrated in comparison.
Somebody please explain.

Ever since RYM started out, it's had these intense stigmas against certain rappers that they'll probably never be able to correct.
This is undeniably really terrible but also really fascinating.

Jay z pretty good, Listen Reasonable Doubt

his mixtapes are better than his albums, no ceilings is my favorite

Yeah, he's a legend.

Plebs shit on Weezy for being simple, but he's got some of the best punchlines of all time.

That is the least rocking thing I think I've ever heard.

definitely check out Dedication 6, he's back

What happened to him anyway? He was everywhere in 2008.

Just dropped a pretty decent mixtape on christmas. Dedication 6, check it out

White people love to shit on Wayne, but he's widely considered the goat among communities that actually lend credibility to hip hop

Anyone who talks shit about him has obviously never heard his music. How can you hate lines like
I'm a Young Money Millionaire, tougher than Nigerian hair,
My criteria compared to your career just isn't fair,
I'm a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed

>Is he underrated?
no

>I feel like people don't mention him when talking about the greatest rappers
because he's not

>people are quick to forget the run Weezy had from 2004 to 2009
they don't forget, they wish they could

>from albums to mixtapes
all of which were awful

>to getting featured on every fucking song ever
and failing to make a good appearance on any of them

>arguably the greatest run in hip-hop
no

>No, this isn't bait
I'm having trouble believing that

>redditspacing
>youtubecommenting
you really thought your opinion was worth something

I bet half of those ratings are from the 2000s and by metalheads who also did that for every Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Gwendolyn Stefani and Nicki Minaj song available after they heard them on the radio.

Lmao no I don't think so shill. GOAT? The consensus is that he is wack or at least has been since No Ceilings

you say lady gaga I say black veil brides

>redditspacing
Redditspacing is a meme, the fact that you and so many others take it seriously, and reject anyone who 'uses it' worries me. That's not even how Reddit formatting works, you fucking idiot. And I never said my opinion was worth any more than anyone else's. I just very, very strongly disagree with OP. If you want real criticism:

>I think his instrumentals are some of the most bland and uninspired trash on the planet
>I find his voice grating and irritating, especially autotuned
>Lyrically, he does nothing special

And if you disagree, fine. That's just how I feel.

>worries me
can you not make it so obvious?
you're anonymous, you don't have to keep stumbling like this
just close the window

Only song of his I've heard is 6 Foot 7 Foot and that shits like an episode of Xavier Renegade Angel with all the rapid fire punchlines and absurdity

the master guitarist at work

m.youtube.com/watch?v=j03PBbBvgCY

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. Unless you're criticising my use of 'worries', which I admit is probably not accurate. It's just kind of stupid bullshit, I've only seen it mentioned when someone has nothing else to say.

He has some extremely strong moments, but for every really strong moment he counter acts with an extremely shit moment

one of my favorite hip hop songs ever made

you keep digging yourself deeper

You guys are all beta if you don't think this song kicks ass.

you sound like a real waste of human life. I've been dumb enough to waste this much time trying to have a coherent conversation with you, but I'm not stupid enough to continue. If it makes you feel better, pat yourself on the back: you've won you're pretend argument by default

>you're
okay nevermind, I am fucking retarded

adios reddito

Rebirth is one of the worst albums of all time, but the guy was great from Tha Carter I to Tha Carter III. Dedication 2 is his best project

You took bait tho

>forgetting no ceilings
leave the hall

This has no meaning

Anyone else not really like the Dedication 3? I really couldn’t understand the hype personally

Jay is infinitely better than Wayne, even Wayne knows this, he has the lyrics to Dead Presidents TATTOOED DOWN HIS BODY

Lil Wayne was alright but yea he got popular then bam no one talks about him now