Been reading in the Sagas and Heimskringla lately. The nordic banter was strong a thousand years ago too:

Been reading in the Sagas and Heimskringla lately. The nordic banter was strong a thousand years ago too:

"When King Olaf saw that the
scattered forces of the enemy gathered themselves together under
the banners of their ships, he asked, "Who is the chief of the
force right opposite to us?

He was answered, that it was King Svein with the Danish army. The king replies, "We are not afraid of these soft Danes, for
there is no bravery in them; but who are the troops on the right
of the Danes?"

>We are not afraid of these soft Danes
>soft Danes

Danes blown the fuck out!

Snownigger

Spic

>"Vikings" actors
>Both Australian
Whats that? No white people in Scanidavnia are capable of doing the role?

theres no such thing as norwegians only mountaindanes

idk why they don't pick people who at least look like scandinavians and not like weird freaks

maybe it's a multiculti show

*cough*högnorsk*cough*

This guy was played by a norwegian. But usually our actors are shit

so the one with the cuckiest appearance was the only real one

Friendly reminder that Jarl Borg did nothing wrong.

gay thread

If you want banter read Martial. He was brutal.

Snownigger

Halfdan the black wuz black
Not even the producers could get away with not showing that somehow so they put a brown eyed Finn, if there is such a thing.

Because it's produced by an american company, they even remake british tv-shows with american actors so it shouldn't be surprising that they favour anglo actors.

Also, this guy is finnish.

You want the superior show of the Last Kingdom for that kind of thing.

As much as I dislike Ukies, they had the best bants.
>Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks
"As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks."
-- Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV

>Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan

"O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!"
And apparently the whole response was rhymed.

Pack of soft cunts' those Danes.

>goat-fucker of Alexandria
they knew.

>pig of Armenia
new username found

based!

stop watching anime

And his brother too.

how is this '''''funny''''?
it's literally bland. I'm not saying this because I'm turkish, it's just that it doesn't amuse me one bit.

>softmark

S O F T M A R K
O
F
T
M
A
R
K

I'm pretty sure actor selection is very deliberate, they probably select what they personally feel is best for the show and what adheres well to marketing. In other words, I don't think there is favouring. Just scandi actors aren't recognisable, almost all primary characters are Australia, Canadian, American and British. It's harder to get ones to fit the show too, low population to select from.

Vikings is a Canadian-Irish production.

it's top-tier bantz for the time mate, have some relativism in perspective and respect for the past.

It's the shitposting of 17th century.
Also the concept of slaying a hedgehog with a naked arse is quite unusual.

In the original it sounds funny too

Damn phone
Nowadays "Scaring a hedgehog with the naked butt" means the useless threat

>being deliberately rude is #da bantz
What a sad board

We wuz vikangs nd shiet

a striking resemblance